The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Screenrant.com: When the next James Bond actor is finally announced, it will mark the longest time between the previous actor quitting and the next one officially being given the title. In an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Daniel Craig announced his departure from the role in November 2019. That means nearly four years have passed with no news on who will be the next James Bond, an unusually long among of time. In comparison, there was less than a year between the announcement of Craig's predecessor, Pierce Brosnan, stepping down and Craig's casting. Amid rumors and speculation, Brosnan officially made the announcement via his website in February 2005, and Craig was announced as James Bond in October of that same year. Before that, Brosnan was announced as the fifth actor to play James Bond in June 1994, just two months after Timothy Dalton announced he would not be returning as Bond. Around two years passed between Sean Connery, Lazenby, and Moore's final films and the next ones in the series, a marker that is fast approaching for Craig's last film in the role. No Time To Die was released on September 30th, 2021. So, with no new Bond announced as of August 2023, it will likely be several more years before Bond 26 is even on the horizon.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

During an interview with Attitude while promoting No Time To Die, actor Ben Whishaw, who plays Q in the series, expressed his desire to see a gay actor don the role of James Bond. He said, “Of course, I would like to see that. I really believe that we should be working towards a world where anyone can play anything and it would be really thrilling if it didn’t matter about someone’s sexuality to take on a role like this…I think that would be real progress. But we’ll see, we’ll just see where we’re at. I’m amazed by how much has changed in the last five or six years, so we’ll see.”--------a real idiot without the understanding of who James Bond is, and what his appeal is. Get lost Ben!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

In theory, I think it shouldn't matter. One should be able to separate the actor from the character. But I think in reality, if you knew the actor playing Bond was gay, that knowledge would always be there in the back of your mind during the love scenes. I remember seeing the movie Six Days, Seven Nights, in which Anne Heche played Harrison Ford's love interest, and despite knowing that they were acting, I was always aware that Harrison wasn't her type, if you catch my drift. Ironically, Whishaw himself didn't come out for a long time, because he didn't want people automatically assuming that every character he played was gay. After the press more or less forced him out of the closet, the first thing EON did was make Q gay.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Didn't we just have a gay actor play Bond? At least "bi" I mean how else to you explain Craig picking up Rami Malik and kissing him square on the lips after finishing a scene?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:Didn't we just have a gay actor play Bond? At least "bi" I mean how else to you explain Craig picking up Rami Malik and kissing him square on the lips after finishing a scene?
I meant openly gay. Ian McKellen gay, not Tom Cruise gay.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Touché'
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

The Vice network is going to be doing a second season of their “Icons Unearthed” series and first up? James Bod. It’s airing in early October.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service was a raging box-office success, but it was not enough to pull Lazenby back to the franchise. When asked if he had regrets passing up on the opportunity to make one more Bond movie, he said:

“It was the late 60s – bell bottoms and long hair were in, and Bond had short hair and wore a suit. We thought Bond was over. We were wrong. Sometimes I wish I’d done one more just to shut the people up who think I failed.”

Fellow James Bond veteran Roger Moore revealed that Lazenby admitted he made a mistake. In his 2008 autobiography My Word Is Bond, Moore said:

“George took some bad advice. I knew George then and have met him many times since. He admits he made a mistake.”
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I believe there were stories of lazenby asking to come back all throughout moore era.
I wish he had come back July like I do for Dalton and brosnan. But ultimately I think he would not be remember as well as he is today for one decent movie , eon actually took the time to plan out and prepared for ohmss. YOLT was made because OHMSs wasn’t ready to shoot.
Shame because OHMSS with Connery, Diana, Rigg, and Telly Savalas would’ve been epic. Connery was supposedly really interested in making ohmss , where he looked bored in yolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I know I'm always moaning about clickbait on here, but I saw a particularly egregious example today. The headline read something like "Barbara Broccoli rejects several top candidates for Bond, including Henry Cavill". But the actual story was just a rehash of that Charlie Higson interview where he said that they will probably cast another unknown. To my mind, that straddles the line between misleading and flat-out lying.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

“Regurgitation” isn’t even the word for it.
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

dirtybenny wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:28 pm Didn't we just have a gay actor play Bond? At least "bi" I mean how else to you explain Craig picking up Rami Malik and kissing him square on the lips after finishing a scene?
Perfect
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Jason wrote:https://www.fatherly.com/entertainment/ ... der-reboot I hope Brosnan plays Ramirez
That would be brilliant, though not if it stops Cavill from playing Bond.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Still the face of Bond since 2005.......Sam Neill screen tested for the role in the 1990s: Image “It was one rather excruciating moment in a long career but people keep asking me about the Bond thing,” he says. “And I can only say I’m very glad I’m not an ex-Bond."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He has the look in that photo, but I don't know if he would have had the charisma to play Bond. He's a bit too affable and easy-going. Even the "lighter" Bonds, Roger and Pierce, could hint at Bond's dark side when necessary.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Sam Neill will always be Dr. Grant to me.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Oh, B-movie mockbuster industry, don't ever change: https://gizmodo.com/barbenheimer-parody ... 1850800539

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

*insert Homer disappearing into the bushes gif here*
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Warner Bros Discovery's latest set of accounts reveals that the strikes may have cost them ten times as much as if they'd simply given writers and actors what they were asking for:

https://truthout.org/articles/strikes-m ... have-been/