The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Slate.com just gave it a thumbs :down: https://slate.com/culture/2021/09/no-ti ... ml?via=rss "No Time to Die Feels As Exhausted As James Bond Does-Daniel Craig does the most to convince us that, yes, he’s ready to move on"-------------'Making the new 007 a Black woman was reportedly an addition from Fleabag’s Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who was brought in to give the script a “fresh female perspective.” But that perspective has less to do with giving the female characters more to do than it does with the way the movie looks at men: :shock: not just at the 53-year-old Craig, but the other members of the spy trade’s old guard, including his boss, M (Ralph Fiennes), and his old CIA pal Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright).'-----------Broccoli is an idiotic moron :!: She thinks that social mores are necessary in a Bond film as well as race and gender identity. WRONG :!: This is why the newer Mission Impossible films are so much more enjoyable to watch. Action and espionage are intriguing to those watching a spy film.......NOT social justice causes nor political statements. This film bombed badly as a great ending to a horrible Bond actor. By the way,
Spoiler
at the end of Our Man Flint, he jumps off the mountain being blown up, as any normal person would have attempted. Why is Cr-egg's Bond standing there waiting to be blown up when he could have tried to jump off the cliff and save himself? Did he have a Death Wish?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Wikipedia already has the plot stated on its website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Time_to_Die
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Spoiler alert much? :hair:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NY Times: “Maybe I’ll be remembered as the Grumpy Bond,” Daniel Craig said. But, he added, “I’m quite satisfied with that.” Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Following his final outing as James Bond, Daniel Craig and producer Barbara Broccoli are reteaming for the Broadway production of Macbeth, with Oscar nominee and Passing star Ruth Negga set to star opposite Craig. Directed by Sam Gold, whose Fun Home won the 2015 Tony Award for best direction of a musical, the show is slated to run for 15 weeks at the Lyceum Theatre, with previews beginning on March 29, 2022, and opening night set for April 28, 2022. “Daniel is not only a great film actor but a magnificent theatre actor as well,” producer Barbara Broccoli said in her statement. “I am thrilled that he will be supporting the return of Broadway playing this iconic role with the exquisitely talented Ruth Negga making her Broadway debut and under the expert direction of Sam Gold.”.......she cannot let him go! It is an obsession for her. Did she do this for any other actor? Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:50 pm Following his final outing as James Bond, Daniel Craig and producer Barbara Broccoli are reteaming for the Broadway production of Macbeth, with Oscar nominee and Passing star Ruth Negga set to star opposite Craig. Directed by Sam Gold, whose Fun Home won the 2015 Tony Award for best direction of a musical, the show is slated to run for 15 weeks at the Lyceum Theatre, with previews beginning on March 29, 2022, and opening night set for April 28, 2022. “Daniel is not only a great film actor but a magnificent theatre actor as well,” producer Barbara Broccoli said in her statement. “I am thrilled that he will be supporting the return of Broadway playing this iconic role with the exquisitely talented Ruth Negga making her Broadway debut and under the expert direction of Sam Gold.”.......she cannot let him go! It is an obsession for her. Did she do this for any other actor? Image
If you saw the Craig "puff-doc" Being James Bond you'd understand why she does this, all I gotta say is, find yourself someone who loves you as much as she loves Craig!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:45 pm NY Times: “Maybe I’ll be remembered as the Grumpy Bond,” Daniel Craig said. But, he added, “I’m quite satisfied with that.” Image
I doubt he cares what people think of his Bond, since he thinks so little of the character.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

kater23 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:34 pm Spoiler alert much? :hair:
Kater, do you reeeeeeally care though?
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

No, but there are people who’re spoiler phobes..otoh this is such a known thing at this point..just give up!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Following his final outing as James Bond, Daniel Craig and producer Barbara Broccoli are reteaming for the Broadway production of Macbeth, with Oscar nominee and Passing star Ruth Negga set to star opposite Craig. Directed by Sam Gold, whose Fun Home won the 2015 Tony Award for best direction of a musical, the show is slated to run for 15 weeks at the Lyceum Theatre, with previews beginning on March 29, 2022, and opening night set for April 28, 2022. “Daniel is not only a great film actor but a magnificent theatre actor as well,” producer Barbara Broccoli said in her statement. “I am thrilled that he will be supporting the return of Broadway playing this iconic role with the exquisitely talented Ruth Negga making her Broadway debut and under the expert direction of Sam Gold.”.......she cannot let him go! It is an obsession for her. Did she do this for any other actor? Image
I had a slim hope that Babs was so pissed at the fans who didn’t like her choices in 2005 she was determined to make Craig the longest actor in the role with fewest movies. I thought she had a grudge against us. But I think she’s actually just nuts. Craig isn’t a draw outside of 007, only because 007 was established for 40 years before Craig’s anti bond was “fresh” to critics. This movie could kill her franchise mgm just sold to amazon, which was pretty much on its last leg being on hiatus 12 of the 16 years Craig had the role.
So no with no reason to she can’t get enough Craig so does this. Guess she can’t see she is slowly crashing the empire her father built . And because a few rabid fans and studio heads care what her next move is imho she had a false sense of superiority.
She hates bond movies as low brow popcorn thrillers her daddy made to get rich, but she doesn’t have the talent to pull it off on her own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A poster on Deadline.com just wrote this after attempting to sit through the 163 minute film: Marco Massoudi: on September 30, 2021 12:49 pm:
I just came from a showing of No time to die and I left before the movie was finished (I wasn’t the only one), for the 2nd time in my life.
I won’t spoil anything, but this movie will be extremely front-loaded and once word of mouth spreads it will be doa.

PS: I like all previous Bond movies.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:05 am
bjmdds wrote:Following his final outing as James Bond, Daniel Craig and producer Barbara Broccoli are reteaming for the Broadway production of Macbeth, with Oscar nominee and Passing star Ruth Negga set to star opposite Craig. Directed by Sam Gold, whose Fun Home won the 2015 Tony Award for best direction of a musical, the show is slated to run for 15 weeks at the Lyceum Theatre, with previews beginning on March 29, 2022, and opening night set for April 28, 2022. “Daniel is not only a great film actor but a magnificent theatre actor as well,” producer Barbara Broccoli said in her statement. “I am thrilled that he will be supporting the return of Broadway playing this iconic role with the exquisitely talented Ruth Negga making her Broadway debut and under the expert direction of Sam Gold.”.......she cannot let him go! It is an obsession for her. Did she do this for any other actor? Image
I had a slim hope that Babs was so pissed at the fans who didn’t like her choices in 2005 she was determined to make Craig the longest actor in the role with fewest movies. I thought she had a grudge against us. But I think she’s actually just nuts. Craig isn’t a draw outside of 007, only because 007 was established for 40 years before Craig’s anti bond was “fresh” to critics. This movie could kill her franchise mgm just sold to amazon, which was pretty much on its last leg being on hiatus 12 of the 16 years Craig had the role.
So no with no reason to she can’t get enough Craig so does this. Guess she can’t see she is slowly crashing the empire her father built . And because a few rabid fans and studio heads care what her next move is imho she had a false sense of superiority.
She hates bond movies as low brow popcorn thrillers her daddy made to get rich, but she doesn’t have the talent to pull it off on her own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Big O, this has become an unhealthy obsession for Broccoli and it is time MGW has an intervention with her illness over this horrid porcupine. Her next choice as Bond could be Cr-egg's alter ego: Image
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Saw it last night. I have very mixed feelings about it.

Action - superb. Probably the best we've seen in the series.
Plot - fairly decent, keeps in line with Bond traditions
Craig - nails it, knocks it out of the park with his performance (sorry guys).

BUT (and a big but)....

The ending. I've never felt this disappointed watching a movie. It kills everything that was great leading up to it. So unnecessary. Cubby will be turning in his grave at what they've done to his franchise.

Why couldn't they have just had the balls to continue with the YOLT storyline right to the end. An amnesia ridden Bond, not knowing anymore who he is, lost and sailing off to Russia. That would still have given them the shock tragedy ending they were looking for, instead of the stupid dumbass thing they've done instead. You don't kill off a cash cow like this. There is nowhere to go now.

The franchise needs a serious overhaul after this, a complete reboot, including the backroom team, because they have clearly run out of steam.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sweeney! Welcome back to our manor, guvnor.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:43 am Sweeney! Welcome back to our manor, guvnor.

Cheers mate! :Happy:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Go on, you know you want to ImageImage

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

The Sweeney wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:29 am Saw it last night. I have very mixed feelings about it.

BUT (and a big but)....

The ending. I've never felt this disappointed watching a movie. It kills everything that was great leading up to it. So unnecessary. Cubby will be turning in his grave at what they've done to his franchise.

Why couldn't they have just had the balls to continue with the YOLT storyline right to the end. An amnesia ridden Bond, not knowing anymore who he is, lost and sailing off to Russia. That would still have given them the shock tragedy ending they were looking for, instead of the stupid dumbass thing they've done instead. You don't kill off a cash cow like this. There is nowhere to go now.

The franchise needs a serious overhaul after this, a complete reboot, including the backroom team, because they have clearly run out of steam.
Sweeney! Long time no see! Happy to see you chiming in on this! 8)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:29 am Saw it last night. I have very mixed feelings about it.

BUT (and a big but)....

Sweenster, I knew you would return......but will Bond? Superb action? Fairly decent plot? Cr-egg nailed it? Nailed what? A tired looking bore surrounded by terrible actors that could make paint peel? I think you have been away far too long and need re-programming on this franchise. IF you think this plot was worth watching, then you have fallen into the Broccoli kool-aid brigade. This film is HORRENDOUS :!: We all know the ending here Sweeney and it was ridiculous. Continuity to what now? Are we to assume the prior 16 years never happened, ala Bobby Ewing's demise on the Dallas tv show? It will be forgotten quickly as the ultimate insult to most Bond fans. Come back more often and enjoy the discussions.......after all, we have all the time in the world!.......
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Daniel Craig will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The 007 actor will get his star in a ceremony on Wednesday, Oct. 6, at 6:30 p.m. PT. His will be the 2,704th star on the Walk of Fame, and the fourth James Bond actor to receive the honor after David Niven, Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan. Barry Nelson also played Bond in a TV movie and received a star during his career. Craig’s star will be placed next to Moore’s, located at 7007 Hollywood Boulevard. Rami Malek, who plays the villain Lyutsifer Safin in the upcoming “No Time to Die,” Craig’s fifth and final outing as Bond, will speak at the Walk of Fame ceremony. Bond franchise producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli will also serve as guest speakers.......the insults keep coming with this 'eared' loser getting more attention.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:28 am Daniel Craig will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The 007 actor will get his star in a ceremony on Wednesday, Oct. 6, at 6:30 p.m. PT. His will be the 2,704th star on the Walk of Fame, and the fourth James Bond actor to receive the honor after David Niven, Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan. Barry Nelson also played Bond in a TV movie and received a star during his career. Craig’s star will be placed next to Moore’s, located at 7007 Hollywood Boulevard. Rami Malek, who plays the villain Lyutsifer Safin in the upcoming “No Time to Die,” Craig’s fifth and final outing as Bond, will speak at the Walk of Fame ceremony. Bond franchise producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli will also serve as guest speakers.......the insults keep coming with this 'eared' loser getting more attention.
Whoa, whoa wait a minute, I'm not even mad Craig will get a star on the walk of fame, that's to be expected, but you're telling me Timothy Dalton and SEAN F'ING CONNERY don't have stars?!