LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

SPECTRE box office

Post by Omega »

Weird looks like a picture of on of our trolls whooping it up cause SP is crawling forward . :lol:

I like antman but for a marvel movie is lacked the bo punch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: SPECTRE box office

Post by bjmdds »

Spectre filled out the top five, just barely, with $1.6 million yesterday. That gives the latest James Bond film a domestic tally of $180.7 million through 29 days of release. BoxOffice projects a $5.5 million weekend. This is $120 million behind SK-Awful in the USA. There is no way it comes close to it and it will wind up down "35%" here. Do you realize that Barbara and MGM?
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:Weird looks like a picture of on of our trolls whooping it up cause SP is crawling forward . :lol:

Just to be clear, I wasn't being a troll. I saw the discussion and added that tidbit. A chant of "We're No. 11! We're No. 11" isn't exactly a huge triumph.

It's also worth noting for another reason. Remember how Ant Man originally had the Nov. 6 date? It then vacated it after SPECTRE was slotted for for Nov. 6. I'm guessing, in the end, they'll be closer (in the U.S. and Canada) than a lot of people would have guessed two years ago.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Omega wrote:Weird looks like a picture of on of our trolls whooping it up cause SP is crawling forward . :lol:

Just to be clear, I wasn't being a troll. I saw the discussion and added that tidbit. A chant of "We're No. 11! We're No. 11" isn't exactly a huge triumph.

It's also worth noting for another reason. Remember how Ant Man originally had the Nov. 6 date? It then vacated it after SPECTRE was slotted for for Nov. 6. I'm guessing, in the end, they'll be closer (in the U.S. and Canada) than a lot of people would have guessed two years ago.
I wasn't being serious.

I don't think you are a troll, it was the cheerleader at the Twitter link I thought was maybe one of the cheerleaders we get here. Unless you're the "butt" guy from the Twitter feed ;)

............ :007:
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:

I wasn't being serious.

I don't think you are a troll, it was the cheerleader at the Twitter link I thought was maybe one of the cheerleaders we get here. Unless you're the "butt" guy from the Twitter feed ;)

Not me. :-)
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Updated box office. $5.4 million for the weekend, No. 5.

In US-Canada, now at $184.5 million, No. 10 for the year so far. But Star Wars is coming, of course.

Global figure now $792 million.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

AND, no new territories are left to open...........it only did $23 million overseas this weekend, including Japan as well.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Napoleon Solo wrote:Updated box office. $5.4 million for the weekend, No. 5.

In US-Canada, now at $184.5 million, No. 10 for the year so far. But Star Wars is coming, of course.

Global figure now $792 million.
That's me out ($750M).
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Deadline.com: 007 aimed at his final market this frame with Japan spying a three-day weekend of $3.7M on 583 screens. Including previews, the cume is $6.9M. In total in 94 markets, Spectre added $23M on 9,900 screens. After six weeks in release, the total is $607.5M on the Eon/Sony/MGM 24th Bond. Germany continues its great run with a 35% drop in weekend 5 for a total of $60.9M; France fell 47% in its 4th weekend to bring the cume to $32.8M; the UK dipped 44% for $139.7M to date; and Australia slipped 38% to cume $20.9M. In the Netherlands, folks just can’t get enough of the superspy with the movie at No. 1 for six straight weeks. The total is $17.2M. China is at $84.5M with the run essentially complete.--------------to sum it all up now after 5 weeks: [video][/video]
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

bjmdds wrote:Spectre filled out the top five, just barely, with $1.6 million yesterday. That gives the latest James Bond film a domestic tally of $180.7 million through 29 days of release. BoxOffice projects a $5.5 million weekend. This is $120 million behind SK-Awful in the USA. There is no way it comes close to it and it will wind up down "35%" here. Do you realize that Barbara and MGM?
sure its down from Skyfall but its still highly successful. I know a lot of us for whatever reason are looking forward to post-Craig Bond but, it wont be because of Spectres Box Office.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

I suppose it is the UK and China which has bolstered Spectre's Box Office more so than other territories. From what I can tell Spectre has average Bond movie performance with Avatar price tag. I think the shock for producers and some fans is after Skyfall it was assumed the billion dollar plus bracket is were Bond now resides. Where the reality was they are doing essentially the same business they have been doing since 1995 just with new markets, higher prices and a more loyal UK base to launch from.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

tbp82 wrote:
sure its down from Skyfall but its still highly successful. I know a lot of us for whatever reason are looking forward to post-Craig Bond but, it wont be because of Spectres Box Office.
I think Craig will leave when he wants to leave. I can't see EON treating him as badly as they did Pierce. But I wouldn't call it "highly successful", considering its massive budget. After Skyfall, I'm sure its combination of decreased box office revenue, mediocre reviews and lukewarm audience reaction will be a disappointment to the studio.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

China, Spectre's second highest-grossing territory with $84.5M, continues its fall from the top, dropping out of the top 10 in just its third weekend of release.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Box Office Mojo now reporting a Japanese wide opening weekend of $2,954,207. Together with its limited release, the total gross to date is $6,954,865. Ale says that most of a film's business is done in the first 2 weeks, so next week is really the last week that SPECTRE can make any real money anywhere.

WEEKEND OVERSEAS (NON US/CANADA) TOTALS:

Oct. 30–Nov. 1 $30,572,993
Nov. 6–8 $117,800,000
Nov. 13–15 $153,317,668
Nov. 20–22 $59,756,417
Nov. 27–29 $30,400,000
Dec. 4–6 $21,442,117
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Monday's take in the USA was $474,007 and in "6th" place. :lol: It wil be a struggle to pass $200 million here. It will probably end under $850 million worldwide at best. SW awaits next week :!: That will be a massive drop from the last film and it is not going to make Broccoli happy. :yay: FBF, :martini: a toast to the end of Cr-egg :!:
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

bjmdds wrote:Monday's take in the USA was $474,007 and in "6th" place. :lol: It wil be a struggle to pass $200 million here. It will probably end under $850 million worldwide at best. SW awaits next week :!: That will be a massive drop from the last film and it is not going to make Broccoli happy. :yay: FBF, :martini: a toast to the end of Cr-egg :!:
Do you think it will pass Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation's $195 million?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

That will be a possibility but it shows the MI films are just as relevant in the USA as Bond is with Cr-egg. It is now $200 million behind ECH-TRE overseas and $120 million behind it in the USA. How much it can close the current massive $320 million worldwide gap remains to be seen.
TROLLY
Lieutenant

SPECTRE box office

Post by TROLLY »

It seems quite silly, that you guys keep comparing the revenue, which has so far been generated by Spectre against what Skyfall, brought in.

Die Another Day only earned $431,971,116 ($573,990,111 in today's money) worldwide. So, that must mean that Pierce Brosnan was a waste of space, right?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Troll-Y, the reason is the HUGE all time budget EON spent on the film with a losing return. If they spent half as much and made the current amount, you would be correct, but that's not what is in play here. In her arrogance, Broccoli went all out in spending and will not get the return she needs for her project to be commercially successful. It won't be a great DVD seller either.
TROLLY
Lieutenant

SPECTRE box office

Post by TROLLY »

You thick bleeder!

Let's call the production budget for Spectre - $300 million. The production budget for Die Another Day was $150 million ($199 million in today's money). That's a difference of $101 million.

Does Die Another Day still look successful to you, compared to Spectre?