Rumor: Nolan "Approached" To Direct Bond 24

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Rumor: Nolan "Approached" To Direct Bond 24

Post by Goldeneye »

Compiling all the post on this subject to this thread.

Special thanks to FBF and Kris for posting the original links and posts.

Here is the story a rumor monger for a newspaper is reporting Christopher Nolan has been [highlight=#ffff00]approached[/highlight] by EON about directing Bond 24. There is a lot of speculation here however the rumor monger in question has seemingly had the inside track on may of the Bond stories in the last few years.

http://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2013/05 ... t-bond-24/
Daily Mail says Nolan `approached’ about Bond 24

The Daily Mail’s Baz Bamigboye, who had a number of Skyfall scoops proven correct, is reporting that Christopher Nolan has been “APPROACHED” ABOUT DIRECTING BOND 24.

Here’s an excerpt:
Christopher Nolan has been approached to direct the next 007 movie.

It’s early days, but informal talks have begun between Nolan, his representatives and the powers behind the James Bond pictures, Barbara Broccoli and Michael G .Wilson
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Re: Rumor: Nolan "Approached" To Direct Bond 24

Post by Goldeneye »

Bond News Of The Day Thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2679&p=74060#p74060
Kristatos wrote:Forgive me for not posting a link to this story, but I tried copying and pasting the URL, and it ended up crashing my phone. Anyway, Yahoo News has a story that Christopher Nolan is "in informal talks" to direct the next Bond film. The source was Baz Bamigboye, which at one time would make me dismiss it instantly, but he was mostly right about Skyfall. However, "informal talks" ain't worth a hill of beans, so it's still best to wait for an official announcement.

Edit: Given that Nolan is producing Man of Steel, and tends to reuse the same actors, I reckon these talks, if they come to anything, represent the best chance of getting Cavill in as Bond. Surely EON would even throw Lady Broccoli's Lover under the bus if it meant a Nolan Bond film?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg is signed for 2 more films though, unless they tell him to get lost after Bond 24.
Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg is signed for 2 more films though, unless they tell him to get lost after Bond 24.
He described it "a contract I can wipe my arse on if I want". I suspect that if Nolan were to make it a condition of directing the next film that he gets to choose his own Bond, Egg's contract would be renegotiated faster than you could say "Had a great fall". Of course there are an awful lot of ifs in that scenario, but I think it's within the bounds of possibility nonetheless.

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
He described it "a contract I can wipe my arse on if I want". I suspect that if Nolan were to make it a condition of directing the next film that he gets to choose his own Bond, Egg's contract would be renegotiated faster than you could say "Had a great fall". Of course there are an awful lot of ifs in that scenario, but I think it's within the bounds of possibility nonetheless.

It's possible. Especially with a big name like Nolan who said he want to do his own bond / new actor and crew but he id probably in love with Craig :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: It's possible. Especially with a big name like Nolan who said he want to do his own bond / new actor and crew but he id probably in love with Craig :roll:

I don't think so. He can't come right out and say it, of course, but I get the distinct impression from comments he's made in the past that he's not a big fan of Craig.
Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: It's possible. Especially with a big name like Nolan who said he want to do his own bond / new actor and crew but he id probably in love with Craig :roll:

I don't think so. He can't come right out and say it, of course, but I get the distinct impression from comments he's made in the past that he's not a big fan of Craig.
I do too but at this point I wouldn't bet against Craig coming back although as it was pointed out before everyone thought Brosnan would be back for bond 21 / cr. and I could see a power house like nolan who if he did it would be devoting maybe a decade if he makes more than one film wanting his choice of star, I don't think he'll work like other directors have for bond under the thumb of Barbara and MGW, maybe Craig gas told them he's done because he doesn't like Logan's script or he thinks he done because he linked his bond to dr no.

I don't see Nolan coming on board for one film and I don't think he work for free hell get a huge cut of the profit as he does for everything else he does. It'd be a ton of firsts for eon and bond.

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=151&p=74073#p74073
FormerBondFan wrote:This is not good.

Omega wrote:

Why? Nolan could mean a new bond.

bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg must be fired in that case. Cavill's The Man Of Steel must not do crazy numbers either for him to have any chance at being Bond.
kater23 wrote:Can't imagine how much potential baby batter is being spilled over the possibility of Nolan directing a Bond movie :twisted: :lol:
Omega wrote:
kater23 wrote:Can't imagine how much potential baby batter is being spilled over the possibility of Nolan directing a Bond movie :twisted: :lol:
:lol:

Dr. No wrote:

They have more stories about Bond 24 not being until 2015 or 16! That would eb Craig;s 10th year yet I can almost imagine it being too far away to keep Craig interested (maybe he wants to get a role in star Trek, star Wars, something else) .

Everyone seems to like Nolan, ifthe story is true it the first time bond fans have been listened to and the first time since 2005 Craig has not hired the director maybe that means something
bjmdds wrote:It means FBF might become a BF again :!:
FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg must be fired in that case. Cavill's The Man Of Steel must not do crazy numbers either for him to have any chance at being Bond.
Let those minion enjoy DC. Heck, they might as enjoy Sheamus Bond as well. To hell with James Bond.
FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:It means FBF might become a BF again :!:
Forget it BJ! Bond is not coming back, and I don't want him to, especially NOT at this state of the franchise. You cannot bring him back when the franchise is purely corrupted. The B1tch has the general public, the younger audience, and especially American movie awards system on their needs. First things first, either any of the the WWE/TNA/UFC stars or the likes of Marty Feldman (in terms of unattractiveness) shall take over once DC retires. After that, monsters from Quake shall continue from there.

THEN we'll Bond back. JackJamesBond007 and I have discussions on this on Facebook, and we both agreed.
Napoleon Solo wrote:
Dr. No wrote:

They have more stories about Bond 24 not being until 2015 or 16! That would eb Craig;s 10th year yet I can almost imagine it being too far away to keep Craig interested (maybe he wants to get a role in star Trek, star Wars, something else) .

Everyone seems to like Nolan, ifthe story is true it the first time bond fans have been listened to and the first time since 2005 Craig has not hired the director maybe that means something
The story is only that Eon has approached Nolan, not that Nolan has committed.

Nolan is committed to directing a new science fiction movie, which has a November 2014 release date. IF Eon has indeed approached Nolan, that suggests Bond 24 would be 2015 at the earliest.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

FYI, this has a list of Skyfall scoops that were proven correct:

http://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... -spoilers/

The Daily Mail guy had a number of them, but there were others he didn't get.