Naomie Harris: The Next Bond Girl?

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Naomie Harris: The Next Bond Girl?

Post by bjmdds »

katied wrote:Ugh the drag PSA..I'd rather forget that, but some things can't be unseen. :mrgreen:
Watch the green vegetable bring back Q, make it a woman, but call her "F", as in you know what, and make her a beautiful bisexual who is insatiable!
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

As they haven't kept much from the old formula of the Movies, Mabey they'll have a new take on the Bond v Moneypenny scenes, Having Moneypenny as a Butch Lesbian with Teretts, who hates Bond with a vengence. Leading to many scenes where Bond learns to respect all women even walk a mile in their shoes ( But only if there are Jimmy Choo's ) :lol:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I had a hard time seeing harris as a Bond girl as Moneyp no, no, no. I'm sure word will come down from on high that if you don't like her as Moneyp then you must be a bigot. :roll:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

English Agent wrote:If they are bringing back MissMoneypenny.........then do you think Q will also come back.
If so i'd imagine they would recast that role as well!

EA
What about Jerry Sadowitz as Q? :mrgreen: :lol:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

Mr T 4 Q. :lol: and 4Q is what I say to people who like Craig's Bond. :P
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

I have no problem with Moneypenny being played by a black lady. Contrary to popular belief, Moneypenny is a one note secretary who only appears for two minutes flirting with Bond in each . There's not much to the role besides looking pretty and having chemistry with the Bond actor. Maxwell managed to hit it off well with three Bonds. Bliss only interacted with Dalton for one film, so we didn't see much of her. And while I didn't like the angry ex-girlfriend approach in the Brosnan films Samantha at least played it well, except for when they had her resort to virtual reality orgasms in DAD, that was a very poor moment.

So yeah, I don't mind the casting. Just put a cute girl in the role with chemistry and all is well.

Also, for years I always wanted to see Canadian actress Rekha Sharma as Moneypenny.

Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

She reminds me (with that coy look ) of Andromeda. :oops: I forgot the girls name but she was gorgeous too.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

with the direction the producers are going and that awful ad Craig did in drag, I can't see them going back to the old By play ( or Bi-Play :lol: ) between Moneypenny and Bond. :cry: As Bond will have to be respectful, Tolerent and understanding of all womens feelings in a new"Touchy, feely, Metrosexual kind of way " no more use of the double entendre " Pity . So no matter who Plays Moneypenny ( I do like Rekha Sharma, Good choice stockslivevan :up: ) The old Magic will be Gone.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

If the rumors are right how can Voldemort make Bond 23?
•Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort): In addition to Dickens, he’ll direct and star in Shakespeare’s “Coriolanus” in December, playing the banished Roman soldier. And he’ll return to his other villain, Hades, in “Clash of the Titans 2” (March 30), fighting various good-guy enemies, including the fallen god Hephaestus (played by the “Potter” minister of magic, Bill Nighy). Fiennes is also said to be a “darkly complex” character in Daniel Craig’s next “James Bond” flick, coming in November 2012.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Voldy doesn't need Bond 23, and his career can benefit without it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, Coriolanus is already in the can, if that helps.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Production finished back in May 2010, another John Logan project.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

What are the chances Voldy cannot do Bond 23?
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

The Sweeney wrote:
Omega wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:So now Moneypenny will be this actress? She will NEVER work with a future Cavill and I am fed up with Eon trying to reinvent this franchise.
I doubt this choice of casting for Moneypenny will work with any actor playing Bond, not just Craig or Cavill. Bad choice by EON, if this is true.
I agree. I don't see her as a good Bond girl but for her to try to compete with Samantha Bond and Lois Maxwell she will not even place.

Zoe Saldana would be my dream of Moneypenny if they want to cast a young black woman.
A blonde Bond, a black Felix Leiter and now a black Moneypenny.

Something tells me Babs has scant regard for honouring the Fleming books. If Bond 23 offers more of the same that we suffered with QoS, then EON should call it a day.

Maybe its time for new producers to take over the Bond ship.
Sadly I have to agree. And I say sadly because I would never have thought to see the franchise in such a state. It's not the fact of a black Moneypenny per se (although I do think it has NOTHING to do with what Fleming wrote in the books and how Fleming portrayed her, which doesn't sit well with me). It's WHO they picked. Are you kidding me, Naomi Harris!? I mean, I wasn't convinced about her as a Bond girl, but fine, she can be the bad one, and it's ok. But Moneypenny? This woman doesn't have nearly enough class to be Moneypenny. And no, class cannot be taught, not nowadays. We're not in the 60s anymore.

Clearly Babs has scant regard for honouring the Fleming books, like you said. What drives me crazy is that UNNECESSARY changes are being made. Why, why the hell would we need a black Moneypenny when the character isn't in the books? This isn't about race AT ALL let me specify. It's about respecting what Bond is and what the books are. I'm all for casting out of the box, I've brought up quite a few "out of the box" names for casting myself (like for example I'd love to see Djimon Honsou as a Bond villain) but that has to be done WHILE RESPECTING Fleming. Clearly that's not Babs's interest at all.

I hoped Bond 23 would NOT be more of the same horrible QoS stuff, but frankly the more is said (or rumored) about it, and the more it looks like it IS going to be more of the same. And yes, if that's the case, EON should call it a day. Or the few left with actual sensibility at EON, as well as the other people involved in making Bond movies should finally have the balls (excuse my French) to oust Barbara. SHE is the main problem.
"Are we on coms?"
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Alessandra wrote:I hoped Bond 23 would NOT be more of the same horrible QoS stuff.
If we're talking about DC here, I hope you're wrong about this.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Alessandra wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
Omega wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:So now Moneypenny will be this actress? She will NEVER work with a future Cavill and I am fed up with Eon trying to reinvent this franchise.
I doubt this choice of casting for Moneypenny will work with any actor playing Bond, not just Craig or Cavill. Bad choice by EON, if this is true.
I agree. I don't see her as a good Bond girl but for her to try to compete with Samantha Bond and Lois Maxwell she will not even place.

Zoe Saldana would be my dream of Moneypenny if they want to cast a young black woman.
A blonde Bond, a black Felix Leiter and now a black Moneypenny.

Something tells me Babs has scant regard for honouring the Fleming books. If Bond 23 offers more of the same that we suffered with QoS, then EON should call it a day.

Maybe its time for new producers to take over the Bond ship.
Sadly I have to agree. And I say sadly because I would never have thought to see the franchise in such a state. It's not the fact of a black Moneypenny per se (although I do think it has NOTHING to do with what Fleming wrote in the books and how Fleming portrayed her, which doesn't sit well with me). It's WHO they picked. Are you kidding me, Naomi Harris!? I mean, I wasn't convinced about her as a Bond girl, but fine, she can be the bad one, and it's ok. But Moneypenny? This woman doesn't have nearly enough class to be Moneypenny. And no, class cannot be taught, not nowadays. We're not in the 60s anymore.

Clearly Babs has scant regard for honouring the Fleming books, like you said. What drives me crazy is that UNNECESSARY changes are being made. Why, why the hell would we need a black Moneypenny when the character isn't in the books? This isn't about race AT ALL let me specify. It's about respecting what Bond is and what the books are. I'm all for casting out of the box, I've brought up quite a few "out of the box" names for casting myself (like for example I'd love to see Djimon Honsou as a Bond villain) but that has to be done WHILE RESPECTING Fleming. Clearly that's not Babs's interest at all.

I hoped Bond 23 would NOT be more of the same horrible QoS stuff, but frankly the more is said (or rumored) about it, and the more it looks like it IS going to be more of the same. And yes, if that's the case, EON should call it a day. Or the few left with actual sensibility at EON, as well as the other people involved in making Bond movies should finally have the balls (excuse my French) to oust Barbara. SHE is the main problem.
The green vegetable has been identified as the source of betrayal to the traditional Bond enthusiasts. The cruciferous one is ATTEMPTING to redefine her daddy's Bond to HER vision of the modern world, for the teenagers worldwide who have been raised in this ridiculously 'so-called' politically correct society and will, she feels, relate better to her world vision politically, where the USA and the UK are evil, where her bedded Bond looks pugilistic, where women rule men, and where the supporting cast makes up a world racial representation. It's deeper than Bond for her. It's all about her hatred for the traditionalists in this world. MGW has really become her pet rock. He is no longer significant. They just wake him up for the promotional aspects of the film which he had ZERO input into, and after the movie run ends, he's back in hibernation mode.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: MGW has really become her pet rock. He is no longer significant. They just wake him up for the promotional aspects of the film which he had ZERO input into, and after the movie run ends, he's back in hibernation mode.
I'm not sure he's any less culpable. He wanted to reboot the franchise in 1987 with TLD, but Cubby said no.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

MG Wilson is a silent-more like muffled really-partner in EON. :mrgreen:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote: MGW has really become her pet rock. He is no longer significant. They just wake him up for the promotional aspects of the film which he had ZERO input into, and after the movie run ends, he's back in hibernation mode.
I'm not sure he's any less culpable. He wanted to reboot the franchise in 1987 with TLD, but Cubby said no.
TLD was a semi-reboot and same thing with GE.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:MG Wilson is a silent-more like muffled really-partner in EON. :mrgreen:
And what do you base that on? Because the guy has been recording DVD commentaries with the directors since GE.
Kristatos wrote:
Yup, the reboot idea was definitely MGW's baby, he still has plenty of influence just as Babs. Just listen to the commentaries he contributed in he provides a lot of info on the creative process of the films that were under his watch, he's not chained in some dungeon as BJ and other fans seems to believe. For example the female M idea was MGW's, not Babs like everyone assumes. That's one thing that turns me off from this site once in awhile with characters like BJ making assumptions like the one he made above.