Javier Bardem Offered Big Bond #23 Role;

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Re: Javier Bardem Offered Big Bond #23 Role;

Post by shaken not stirred »

Blowfeld wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Doesn't the Ralph Ffeines story come from the useless Baz Bamigboye at the Daily Mail?
Must have done.
‘It’s the first of a new generation of Bond films, and the ideas Mendes has push the film into darker territory where the characters are modern, mature and challenging,’
Truly hope this is rubbish.
Haven't these guys learnt anything from making bond too serious and the villains more mature, ffs I don't want any more mature villains I want villains who want world domination, starting wars on other countries or attacking bonds organisation, I never asked for boring shoddy I can't believe their bond villains can you, in the craig films.

Bond is mainly about escapism and who the hell wants mature villains?, look at the villains in indy films, it works because they're ruthless and evil..I don't want a villain with a monacle reading shakespeare and apologising after his goons beat up bond.

Guess they're gonna go ahead with this, hooray another darker bond film, just what the bloody world needs more dark films, bond was a good mix between the 2 once upon a time before the unecessary reboot, now bond might as well cut his wrists, listen to chemical romance and the villain really wishes he was born a woman and starts crying.

Screw you and your stupid artsy direction eon :cuss: :fight: . (Goes back to watch inception).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Shaken: You ARE all Stirred Up! I don't blame you and I agree 10000000000% with your assessments. These morons are ruining this franchise by trying to be creative with a formula that needs no help! :shock:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Blowfeld wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Doesn't the Ralph Ffeines story come from the useless Baz Bamigboye at the Daily Mail?
Must have done.
Hopefully because it makes no freaking sense whatsoever.
‘It’s the first of a new generation of Bond films, and the ideas Mendes has push the film into darker territory where the characters are modern, mature and challenging,’
It better be. Because if it isn't we'll be without a franchise in no time. And I mean as in not only no more James Bond to watch but no more movies because something like this will be a DISASTER at the box office.
"Are we on coms?"
Mulli
New Recruit

Post by Mulli »

shaken not stirred wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
Must have done.
Haven't these guys learnt anything from making bond too serious and the villains more mature, ffs I don't want any more mature villains I want villains who want world domination, starting wars on other countries or attacking bonds organisation, I never asked for boring shoddy I can't believe their bond villains can you, in the craig films.

Bond is mainly about escapism and who the hell wants mature villains?, look at the villains in indy films, it works because they're ruthless and evil..I don't want a villain with a monacle reading shakespeare and apologising after his goons beat up bond.

Guess they're gonna go ahead with this, hooray another darker bond film, just what the bloody world needs more dark films, bond was a good mix between the 2 once upon a time before the unecessary reboot, now bond might as well cut his wrists, listen to chemical romance and the villain really wishes he was born a woman and starts crying.

Screw you and your stupid artsy direction eon :cuss: :fight: . (Goes back to watch inception).
Right on the money Shaken Not Stirred.
Bond isn't about a banker who funds a terrorist organization needing to win money back at a poker game (Even though it's Ian Fleming) it's dated, and poorly executed.
Worse still is the follow up of gaining control of the Bolivian water supply.
What's next, the Canadian logging industry...The Australian mining industry?
We want a Bond villain who holds the world to ransom. Has an army of men who run around in yellow and blue boiler suits. Who lives in an underground lair, and is truly evil.
But we also want James Bond to save the day, using high tech gadgets, and bedding a bevy of beautiful girls.
What do we get?
A man called James Bond, who may or may not be just as evil as the villain, who will act like a thug, mumble and have issues. I don't want to find out what's under Bonds skin. Look at his psyche.
I don't want dark.
I want to be entertained in over the top fashion that only a true James Bond film can, and walk out of the cinema wanting to be James Bond.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Mulli wrote:[Right on the money Shaken Not Stirred.
Bond isn't about a banker who funds a terrorist organization needing to win money back at a poker game (Even though it's Ian Fleming) it's dated, and poorly executed.
Worse still is the follow up of gaining control of the Bolivian water supply.
What's next, the Canadian logging industry...The Australian mining industry?
We want a Bond villain who holds the world to ransom. Has an army of men who run around in yellow and blue boiler suits. Who lives in an underground lair, and is truly evil.
But we also want James Bond to save the day, using high tech gadgets, and bedding a bevy of beautiful girls.
What do we get?
A man called James Bond, who may or may not be just as evil as the villain, who will act like a thug, mumble and have issues. I don't want to find out what's under Bonds skin. Look at his psyche.
I don't want dark.
I want to be entertained in over the top fashion that only a true James Bond film can, and walk out of the cinema wanting to be James Bond.

Cheers mulli :cheers: and yeah hot bond women need to return as well, the films suddenly went from bond girls running down a beach to switching to bond running down a beach instead (do not want). No offense to the female posters on here, when I look at connerys, Moores and Brosnans bond a lot of us wish we were that guy who wears the cool tuxedo, gets the girl, gets to use cool gadgets, stop evil villains and live a great lifestyle and drive fast cars, growing up every boy wanted to be bond and still does as an adult....and that's something I don't see in craigs films, who wants to be a thug who kills pretty much all the time and hates everything around him, he has no suaveness, doesn't blend in and doesn't look like he wants to be there.

I'd love to wear that tuxedo like everyone here and live that kind lifestyle (ex killing bit), that's why I also like tony starks character in ironman, similar lifestyle except he fights in an armoured suit, it's bloody badass, when you look at the ironman films you see a bit of bonds character which eon got rid of 6 years ago and probably wont get back continuing down the I'm too emo for my life route, leave the guy with personal demons who fights crime in the dark to batman where it works and belongs.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
katied

Post by katied »

I don't want a dark Bond film, but I don't want a Bond film that is "Ha ha funny"[/Joe Pesci] either.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:I don't want a dark Bond film, but I don't want a Bond film that is "Ha ha funny"[/Joe Pesci] either.
There's a happy medium. Films like FRWL, OHMSS, FYEO and the Dalton pair are a little more grounded in reality than the likes of Moonraker, whilst still being distinctively Bond films.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

This actor in question, who I know little of, will be called Javier BOREDOM if he co-stars in the next Bond film. You cannot bring life to the dead, and right now Cr-egg's Bond is done. Once FBF unleashes the Genesis torpedo on Eon we will have a rebirth of the FRANCHISE hopefully and purge the stench of a rotten Cr-egg from the memory banks of the forgiving public. Only then can they bring life back into the Bond saga. :idea:
katied

Post by katied »

Supposedly Javier's newest movie, Bitful(no,that's not a typo :shock: ) is *depressing* He's been in some good movies(No Country For Old Men comes right to mind) though.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:Supposedly Javier's newest movie, Bitful(no,that's not a typo :shock: ) is *depressing* He's been in some good movies(No Country For Old Men comes right to mind) though.
Haven't seen that, but people tell me that Bardem made a memorable villain, and Lord knows the Bond series could do with one of those again.
Mulli
New Recruit

Post by Mulli »

Kristatos wrote:
katied wrote:Supposedly Javier's newest movie, Bitful(no,that's not a typo :shock: ) is *depressing* He's been in some good movies(No Country For Old Men comes right to mind) though.
Haven't seen that, but people tell me that Bardem made a memorable villain, and Lord knows the Bond series could do with one of those again.
The trouble is, would they actually use his talents and create a memorable character. The likes of which have been missing from the Bond films for a while.
Or do they expect him to play his 'No Country For Old Men' role again?
Judging from EON's recent half arsed approach to film making, I'd say the latter.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

It's hits the fan. The other studios put the brakes on the bozo act at MGM. Supposedly leaving Sony as the last man standing and the last man willing to make what is from most account a bad deal. Problem is Sony is not on good term with the Brocs despite PR BS to the contrary. MGM and Sony's messy history is a problem but not enough to stop a business deal. Sony would be very happy distributing Bond 23, it is where they made money in Bond 21 and 22.
Some odd talk of Sony giving MGM a piece of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, not sure if it is a nice gesture or a meaningless one. Still nothing is done yet

There is also some talk questioning if 2012 is a achievable goal. Consider a new green like Superman has a start time, budget, locations scouted and a finished script -nomatter how much it needs to be polished before this summer. Bond has talking points and some of the oddest business workings to happen in Tinseltown in a long time.
Not impossible for them to pull it off, if there is real work being done on EONs side of things.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Mazer Rackham wrote:It's hits the fan. The other studios put the brakes on the bozo act at MGM. Supposedly leaving Sony as the last man standing and the last man willing to make what is from most account a bad deal. Problem is Sony is not on good term with the Brocs despite PR BS to the contrary. MGM and Sony's messy history is a problem but not enough to stop a business deal. Sony would be very happy distributing Bond 23, it is where they made money in Bond 21 and 22.
Some odd talk of Sony giving MGM a piece of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, not sure if it is a nice gesture or a meaningless one. Still nothing is done yet
Aaaannd there it goes! MGM people have been greedy and overdid it.. result? Deal with Sony. LMAO! Sorry this is just hilarious... the Brocs having to deal with Sony again is like watching a comedy unfold... minus the happy ending :lol: Paramount was leading the pack of distributors, so now instead it's Columbia? And excuse me? Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.. more Craigster stuff? Doubt they are so interested in that. The really interesting bit of course is that it's hit the fan :lol: We can sit back with the popcorn and await the developments. I'm curious to see what the next step of the war is.
There is also some talk questioning if 2012 is a achievable goal. Consider a new green like Superman has a start time, budget, locations scouted and a finished script -nomatter how much it needs to be polished before this summer. Bond has talking points and some of the oddest business workings to happen in Tinseltown in a long time.
Not impossible for them to pull it off, if there is real work being done on EONs side of things.
But EON clearly said nobody was working on the script, and we got Logan out of nowhere after the summer debacle with Morgan... they had a big fallout over the script clearly, which indicates nothing good. And, Logan is certainly nobody to write light, quick, action flicks like Bond is supposed to be. I'm unsure whether they'll just slap together something quick or whether they just won't manage to meet the deadline. The problem with Eon is they are NEVER efficient, and the fact this dude was brought on board so late in the game after a fallout...

And let's not even get into the news we're getting about the movie so far. Bardem usually wants to see a script before doing a movie, and he isn't the type to do Bond movies... well unless they're the NON Bond-like Craig ones. :roll: He's certainly a good actor and good at portraying villains, but I'm afraid the spec above is correct... they'll just want him to REPLAY the bad guy he played in his previous movie, and that's got NOTHING to do with Bond. I'm curious to see how things unfold now.
"Are we on coms?"
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Poor Eon, :-> ,I love these posts You learn more here than on any other Forum :cheers:
katied

Post by katied »

I love that we're cynical as all get out here. The polar opposite of the shiny happy Bond websites. :cheers:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Meantime, just posted by the LA Times:
Disney's movie studio leads the way in quarterly profit growth for company: Walt Disney Co. posted a 54% jump in... http://lat.ms/hcjeoT
Wonder whether Sony is taking notes while trying to screw over MGM with the distribution deal (no way Sony gets screwed over by MGM, if anything it's gonna be the opposite).
"Are we on coms?"
Mazer Rackham
Q
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

I'd love Sony to get the deal, then they'd have leverage to force EON to make the two movies they own Sony. :twisted: Last time Sony made these same promises they royally screwed MGM over. I think MGM would write in a lot of protections favoring them in any new deal with Sony. Although on the bright side Sony would release all 20 Bond movie on Blu-ray and they wouldn't be the sucky Fox releases. All the PR of how wonderfully MGM and Sony got along or how Amy Pascal and Babs are best gal pals is ridiculous. It ignores all recent the history.

A % of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and maybe the new Spider-man, many not be worth much. Spider-man more than GWTDT. I am not certain GWTDT is a sleeper hit or a big draw. It should certainly do well enough to warrant sequels but I guess it depends what they are trading for it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Mazer Rackham wrote: I am not certain GWTDT is a sleeper hit or a big draw. It should certainly do well enough to warrant sequels but I guess it depends what they are trading for it.
I don't like making box office predictions, but since Fincher is involved, my guess is that it will do Se7en-type numbers, adjusted for inflation.
Mazer Rackham
Q
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Kristatos wrote:
Mazer Rackham wrote: I am not certain GWTDT is a sleeper hit or a big draw. It should certainly do well enough to warrant sequels but I guess it depends what they are trading for it.
I don't like making box office predictions, but since Fincher is involved, my guess is that it will do Se7en-type numbers, adjusted for inflation.
Se7en numbers, I will be truly impressed. I was thinking closer to Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The subject is popular but will the advertising campaign be enough to get people out of their homes to see it. Again if they saw the original films.
David Fincher is a good choice for this project, my feel is the BO might be weak and home video strong. Still plenty of time to get the buzz going.

BTW Spyglass was trying to get Paramount to give them a % of Transformers 3. Strange that Spyglass seem to be willing to back off some things for Sony, arguably lesser offerings and gave Paramount a hard time for the same % as a distributor. My guess is the game is very much a foot.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Mazer Rackham wrote: Se7en numbers, I will be truly impressed. I was thinking closer to Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
I was thinking that it is closer in genre to Se7en, and the marketing campaign will probably play up the connection.