Bond 23 by.....

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Bond 23 by.....

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:Anyone got any thoughts on a storyline for Bond 23?
I like your idea of taking Bond to Australia, since he's never been there before. I proposed something based on The Hildebrand Rarity some time ago, with Bond trying to stop the trade in illegal wildlife, specifically a rare venomous fish found in the Great Barrier Reef, only to find it being used by the nefarious Dr. Shatterhand (who is a separate character in this story, not just an alias of Blofeld) to create a garden of death, thus bringing in the unused parts of YOLT (the novel).

If this is to be a collaborative effort, I'd like to draw people's attention to Celtx, a free open-source script formatting program that allows for online collaboration. It's sort of like Final Draft or Movie Magic Screenwriter, but cheaper - the basic program is free, but there is an add-on pack that you can buy for $14.99 if you think it's worth it (I did).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Australia and New Zealand would be GREAT locations...I'd like to see a Bond film set in Southern California-San Diego perhaps? :wink:

yes I know I'm biased!
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

I like Bond to have classic and exotic locations. So for me it would have to be Caribbean or Maldives in terms of sea places, plus Cote D'Azur and a European city. And to make it even, add San Diego to it, so Katie is happy :mrgreen:

I use Final Draft since well, I write scripts for real LOL, so if you guys want to go ahead with the collaborative effort I am all for it. :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Ale wrote: I use Final Draft since, well, I write scripts for real LOL
A lot of professional writers now use Celtx (though I do also have Movie Magic Screenwriter installed on my PC).
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
Ale wrote: I use Final Draft since, well, I write scripts for real LOL
A lot of professional writers now use Celtx (though I do also have Movie Magic Screenwriter installed on my PC).
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Celtx isn't good, just that I have software I paid for because I do that for real. :mrgreen: Most people use Final Draft... and those who use a MAC, like Eastin from White Collar, pick different options. Doesn't mean Celtx isn't good :D
"Are we on coms?"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Ale wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Celtx isn't good, just that I have software I paid for because I do that for real. :mrgreen: Most people use Final Draft... and those who use a MAC, like Eastin from White Collar, pick different options. Doesn't mean Celtx isn't good :D
Have you sold any?

I paid for Movie Magic Screenwriter because Celtx wasn't available back then. Can't remember why I chose it over Final Draft, I think I got a good deal on it. Nowadays, I can't see why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros/whatever for MMS or FD when they can get Celtx free of charge, and the add-ons so cheaply,
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
Ale wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Celtx isn't good, just that I have software I paid for because I do that for real. :mrgreen: Most people use Final Draft... and those who use a MAC, like Eastin from White Collar, pick different options. Doesn't mean Celtx isn't good :D
Have you sold any?

I paid for Movie Magic Screenwriter because Celtx wasn't available back then. Can't remember why I chose it over Final Draft, I think I got a good deal on it. Nowadays, I can't see why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros/whatever for MMS or FD when they can get Celtx free of charge, and the add-ons so cheaply,
Rather than selling I work FOR others :D And, big project ongoing but I can't say a word about that one, because that is actually my one, created from zero :D
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Thinking outside of the box on U.S. locations...what about one of the mountainous states(Colorado,Utah,New Mexico,Montana or Wyoming?) or Texas?
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:Thinking outside of the box on U.S. locations...what about one of the mountainous states(Colorado,Utah,New Mexico,Montana or Wyoming?) or Texas?
Texas and Southern California would be great locations for somewhat of an oil plus drug cartel connection. Good call.
"Are we on coms?"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Ale wrote:
katied wrote:Thinking outside of the box on U.S. locations...what about one of the mountainous states(Colorado,Utah,New Mexico,Montana or Wyoming?) or Texas?
Texas and Southern California would be great locations for somewhat of an oil plus drug cartel connection. Good call.
And Felix Leiter is from Texas, at least in the books.
katied

Post by katied »

Some sort of plot where he's visiting Leiter-maybe Jeffrey Wright's Leter is from Texas-or at least has a house there-and he gets a call from M-or a unexpected visit!- with a new case.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I'd love a new Bond to start with Bond getting involved with either the leading lady or villain Before Being sent on his mission Like OHMSSS or Goldeneye,But for the Next outing I'd just like a more traditional take, Impressive PTS, a decent Theme song, and a Decent story shot with a camera crew with a steady-cam.
For an American location I'd love to see the midwest,Huge wheat fields etc. To see Bond in a chase in a 4X4.
katied

Post by katied »

Amen on the decent theme song :wink:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

What they could do for the next one is ditch Daniel Craig and make a James Bond film.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

James wrote:What they could do for the next one is ditch Daniel Craig and make a James Bond film.
Hahaha. That's right! Your Henry Cavill icon is very inspiring in that sense :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

James wrote:What they could do for the next one is ditch Daniel Craig and make a James Bond film.
Or make another James Bond film, with Daniel Craig.

Awesome. :martini: