Morgan: 'James Bond lacks realism'

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
katied

Re: Morgan: 'James Bond lacks realism'

Post by katied »

Yeah, Morgan doesn't take himself seriously. That may have clashed with EON's "Deadly serious"/ripped from the headlines(ala Law and Order) ethos. :lol:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

mcbride007 wrote:I watch Bond for escapism. There is plenty of misery in the world and millions of movies and tv programs showing that misery.
This, I'm sick of reality crap being shoved down my throat, tv's dead as it is, comedy gone, martial arts films gone, decent drama gone, most of the stuff in uk tv now is chav tv (excluding Harry Hills tv burp).

I'm probably alone thinking this but when I played the original time crisis because I didn't have goldeneye when I was 14 , the main character looked a bit like bond and playing that game felt like being put into the shoes of bond and it was awesome, saving the girl, taking down terrorists who plan for world domination or a fall of a republic, what I'm trying to get at is this is what I enjoyed about the bond films, the crazy villains, bond being tough, suave, cool, now he's an empty shell of himself and he might as well be put on eastenders..why doesn't this bond just cut his wrists and jump off a balcony and kill himself already.

I'm tired of this dark angsty bs being thrown into anything and everything when it shouldn't have been there in the first place, do people watch star wars for realism..no, hollywood should look at ironman, those films are great because it does exactly what it sets out to do just like bond used to, now too many people want to see unnecessary stuff put in a franchise and disregard the films 40 year history, I don't hate craig as an actor but I don't want jeremy kyles eviler stepbrother in My bond, I used to be excited for the next bond installment from the girls to the ott villains, to the gadget bond would use to help him out to cool right hand men like jaws, oddjob, etc.

Finally in the recession we need something to feel happy about making more things realistic is just making this reality even crappier then it already is at the minute and still will be until the economy clears up.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

shaken not stirred wrote:
mcbride007 wrote:I watch Bond for escapism. There is plenty of misery in the world and millions of movies and tv programs showing that misery.
This, I'm sick of reality crap being shoved down my throat, tv's dead as it is, comedy gone, martial arts films gone, decent drama gone, most of the stuff in uk tv now is chav tv (excluding Harry Hills tv burp).

I'm probably alone thinking this but when I played the original time crisis because I didn't have goldeneye when I was 14 , the main character looked a bit like bond and playing that game felt like being put into the shoes of bond and it was awesome, saving the girl, taking down terrorists who plan for world domination or a fall of a republic, what I'm trying to get at is this is what I enjoyed about the bond films, the crazy villains, bond being tough, suave, cool, now he's an empty shell of himself and he might as well be put on eastenders..why doesn't this bond just cut his wrists and jump off a balcony and kill himself already.

I'm tired of this dark angsty bs being thrown into anything and everything when it shouldn't have been there in the first place, do people watch star wars for realism..no, hollywood should look at ironman, those films are great because it does exactly what it sets out to do just like bond used to, now too many people want to see unnecessary stuff put in a franchise and disregard the films 40 year history, I don't hate craig as an actor but I don't want jeremy kyles eviler stepbrother in My bond, I used to be excited for the next bond installment from the girls to the ott villains, to the gadget bond would use to help him out to cool right hand men like jaws, oddjob, etc.

Finally in the recession we need something to feel happy about making more things realistic is just making this reality even crappier then it already is at the minute and still will be until the economy clears up.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :cheers: I thought CR was a depressing film, before when we'd leave a Bond movie it'd be an upbeat feeling. Thankfully I didn't see QoS.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.