Re: Your choice for Bond in Bond 23

Post by katied »

I'm definitely a Cavill fan *waves to Ale* .... You corrupted me! :cheers:
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

bondnotblonde wrote:Image
Like many people remember, when Debee Mcgee was on the Caroline Aherne TV chat show, Mcgee was asked that famous question:-

'What was it that first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels"..............Classic :)

EA
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:I'm definitely a Cavill fan *waves to Ale* .... You corrupted me! :cheers:
:cheers: I'm so proud of having corrupted someone this time around :mrgreen: Because Cavill is DA MAN for this job :D
Like many people remember, when Debee Mcgee was on the Caroline Aherne TV chat show, Mcgee was asked that famous question:-

'What was it that first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels"..............Classic :)
I'm sure she answered "his incredibly witty personality?" :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
buffybond
Lieutenant

Post by buffybond »

If Cavill gets the gig in say 2014[please let there be a God and he does] he will be 30 coming up 31 so if they make them every 2years which is what they want to do,then ol Henry could do 5 films before he reaches 40 which would be great as Fleming in the latter novels had Bond permantly in his mid 30s.
katied

Post by katied »

buffybond wrote:If Cavill gets the gig in say 2014[please let there be a God and he does] he will be 30 coming up 31 so if they make them every 2years which is what they want to do,then ol Henry could do 5 films before he reaches 40 which would be great as Fleming in the latter novels had Bond permantly in his mid 30s.
Most of the people here want Cavill to be the next Bond, which is good.

A few want Craig to be Bond seemingly forever.To each his/her own. *shrug* :wink:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

buffybond wrote:If Cavill gets the gig in say 2014[please let there be a God and he does] he will be 30 coming up 31 so if they make them every 2years which is what they want to do,then ol Henry could do 5 films before he reaches 40 which would be great as Fleming in the latter novels had Bond permantly in his mid 30s.
I think the right expression really is "Please let there be a (Bond) God and Cavill gets the gig in 2014". And yes, I completely agree that one of the reasons why Cavill is a great candidate is that not only he perfectly fits all the requirements to be Bond, but also if he starts at 30, he'll be able to do 5 movies at least in his prime, and that would be a great investment for the franchise. (long-term contracts obviously cost less than short-term ones when you hire a young actor).

Let's just hope this will be the case. Welcome, by the way! :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
bondnotblonde
Lieutenant

Post by bondnotblonde »

henry cavill for f**ks sake!
katied

Post by katied »

I'd prefer 5 Cavill movies to what Craig's done so far! :cheers: He'll still be a youngster when he starts and through his time as Bond.He's going to age very well.Unlike Craig.
buffybond
Lieutenant

Post by buffybond »

bondnotblonde wrote:henry cavill for f**ks sake!
Really no need for bad language is there.
buffybond
Lieutenant

Post by buffybond »

Ale wrote:
I think the right expression really is "Please let there be a (Bond) God and Cavill gets the gig in 2014". And yes, I completely agree that one of the reasons why Cavill is a great candidate is that not only he perfectly fits all the requirements to be Bond, but also if he starts at 30, he'll be able to do 5 movies at least in his prime, and that would be a great investment for the franchise. (long-term contracts obviously cost less than short-term ones when you hire a young actor).

We have met before.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:I'd prefer 5 Cavill movies to what Craig's done so far! :cheers: He'll still be a youngster when he starts and through his time as Bond.He's going to age very well.Unlike Craig.
Woah there...slooooowwwwww dooooooooowwwwwwnnnnnn.
He's not actually Bond.....yet.
Pull that pony to a halt.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Bond 23, Bond 24 , maybe Bond 25. Let's be honest, any crystal ball used around here has been on the blink for like....always.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Language Timothy.
Whilst he's not my first choice, I can see some Bondianess in him. And judging by his past screentesting and age ruling him out for CR, I'd say he's got a good chance come next round of casting for Bond.
But he does seem to be more the female's prefered choice.
Alot of the men are yet to be swayed.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Ale wrote:

Like I said before, he's young enough to last 10 films, but he will need another big role to coexist with the Bond role......something like his dream role Alexander The Great.
katied

Post by katied »

I think Cavill could make movies outside of his role as Bond. Not arthouse crap like Craig.That only 3 people see.
buffybond
Lieutenant

Post by buffybond »

Captain Nash wrote:
Language Timothy.
Whilst he's not my first choice, I can see some Bondianess in him. And judging by his past screentesting and age ruling him out for CR, I'd say he's got a good chance come next round of casting for Bond.
As a bloke[straight I might add] I think Cavill would make the perfect Bond.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

buffybond wrote:
Ale wrote:

We have met before.
haha yes I know... but one more welcome doesn't hurt, does it? :mrgreen: Always good to see friendly faces :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

buffybond wrote:
Captain Nash wrote:
Language Timothy.
As a bloke[straight I might add] I think Cavill would make the perfect Bond.
THANK YOU! :mrgreen: And, many men on here agree on Cavill. Katie and I are the only two girls posting regularly, many members here agree that Cavill would be great as Bond.
I think Cavill could make movies outside of his role as Bond. Not arthouse crap like Craig.That only 3 people see.
Absolutely. He's got two movies a a lead to be released this year, that can only increase if he's cast as Bond. And, Immortals especially will probably be quite a hit.
Like I said before, he's young enough to last 10 films, but he will need another big role to coexist with the Bond role......something like his dream role Alexander The Great.
Agreed FBF. Considering how much the Colin Farrell version of Alexander the Great sucked, I think producers should be smart enough to do a completely different one with Cavill.
"Are we on coms?"
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I know this sounds a little stupid, but is it possible Alexander The Great can be a small franchise something like Kill Bill where you have a two-part movie? One big franchise like Bond could lead Henry into typecasting so he will need another franchise or two while he's in Ian Fleming's superspy mode.
bondnotblonde
Lieutenant

Post by bondnotblonde »

Get Sadowitz in there!! let's see a REAL Bond who LOOKS and ACTS like Bond..not some silly women or gay person's vision of Bond. Or what about David Blaine? He, like Sadowitz, at least LOOKS like Bond SHOULD!
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bondnotblonde....what about Marty Feldman? Do you think he would be suitable when he was alive back then?