Michael Sheen to play Bond villain Blofeld?

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Michael Sheen to play Bond villain Blofeld?

Post by CaptainLewis »

Michael Sheen to play Bond villain Blofeld in next James Bond movie?

The actor, who has played the role of Tony Blair on three different occasions, has apparently been cast by producer Barbara Broccoli as he is the 'perfect fit' to play the baddie.

A source told The Daily Mirror: 'He brings a real intense and creepy quality to the table.'

According to the newspaper, the actor, who most recently took on a role in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, was suggested for the part by his long-time collaborate Peter Morgan.

Spooks actor Simon Russell Beale may also be in line to play a role in the next Bond movie, after Broccoli watched him perform in Deathtrap in the West End a couple of times.

Last month, Beale said: 'Every actor wants to be in Bond. I'd love to be a baddie.'

However, his spokesperson said: 'It's too early to confirm anything, but the part he is up for is not a baddie.'

He added: 'There was this assumption he was up to play such a character, but it was never the case.'

Dame Judi Dench is said to be reprising her role of M in the next flick, adding to the line-up of British talent.

'I think I'm going to be needed in the spring of 2012. That's the message I got,' she said.
Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/film/852598-mich ... z1B2XVmzxR

The fact that 'A source told The Daily Mirror' does make me doubt this, but I hope it isn't true. Blofeld should be left alone, next they'll saying they are bring back Jaws!
katied

Re: Michael Sheen to play Bond villain Blofeld?

Post by katied »

The Daily Mirror is about as accurate as..well, it's not accurate at all.Plus, I believe this is a dead hor...I mean rumor that they dug up ,for lack of anything else to report.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Surely he will be the head of the fascinating Quantum Gang?
katied

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote:Image
Exactly.

Though I think there will be fans(not myself) that will be jumping for joy if it happens. :cuss:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Surely he will be the head of the fascinating Quantum Gang?
That's what I thought, too. Together with what Kristatos posted :lol:

Seriously? Blofeld? Blofeld is not to be recast or repeated. Bring someone ELSE into it. Plus yeah, we have the Quantum Gang so they need to keep on going with that... at least until Craig is around. When we have a guy who actually looks and acts like Bond, we can talk actual villains.
"Are we on coms?"
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

http://www.mi6forums.com/viewtopic.php? ... 54#4820154

You'll see that Mi6 feels the same way about this OLD rumour.
Typical of the press.
:roll:

Though I do love Michael Sheen as an actor.
katied

Post by katied »

Yeah, Sheen's a great actor(though he *was* in one of the Twilight movies..wonder how much money he got for that? :lol: )
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:Yeah, Sheen's a great actor(though he *was* in one of the Twilight movies..wonder how much money he got for that? :lol: )
Plenty, given how much they made. :lol:

I have absolutely nothing against the guy, he's great. It's the Blofeld thing that I find ridiculous. And, as Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry said, if he's in, surely he'll be the head of the charming Quantum Gang?
"Are we on coms?"
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Given that we are stuck with this Crappy reboot of the series. I would love to see Blofeld back and Michael Sheen is a great character actor so I think he could do it. I just wish it wouldn't be in the next Movie,Let Craig deal with Quantum and get that over and done with so we can say goodbye to the whole bloody lot.
Then start with a clean slate, A new Bond with Moneypenny and Q, and a new M. Then by all means introduce Bonds Nemesis. But does this Mean as it's a reboot we'll see a new Goldfinger,Red Grant, Largo in years to come. :roll:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Blofeld CAN'T come back.
Even with the reboot. EON don't have the right to use the character in ANY future Bond films.
As for the head of Quantum.
Who says that Bond will battle them in Bond 23?
katied

Post by katied »

Seriously? Blofeld? Blofeld is not to be recast or repeated. Bring someone ELSE into it. Plus yeah, we have the Quantum Gang so they need to keep on going with that... at least until Craig is around. When we have a guy who actually looks and acts like Bond, we can talk actual villains.

Lord knows EON are kinda challenged when it comes to coming up with believable villains(and henchmen..Elvis from QOS comes right to mind :lol: )
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

Elvis is IMHO this centurys, "Red Grant " ! _.//
katied

Post by katied »

Thunderpussy wrote:Elvis is IMHO this centurys, "Red Grant " ! _.//

Dominic Greene wasn't a very good villain, either. I'm sure we'll get an equally lame villain and henchman in POS part II, I mean Bond 23. :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Right up there with Odd Job and Jaws, I'd say.

Sorry, which one was Elvis again? :twisted:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
Right up there with Odd Job and Jaws, I'd say.

Sorry, which one was Elvis again? :twisted:
:twisted:

Craig's Bond is still all sadfais about freaking Vesper, don't forget, so we'll have henchmen who try and take his heart, that belongs to Vesper because she's his one and only twu wuv that will never leave his heart. That's the artsy and metaphorical part of it! That means we basically get the hunter from Snow White as the henchman. No wait, he was too believable and they can't use him. Guess it will just be a ripoff of the Vampire Diaries, where vampires just go in with their hand and rip off the heart of their enemies (Damon, a vampire, did it with Mason, a werewolf). That's it! New henchmen will be vampires! Win win! Because we have vampires that are what everyone goes to see nowadays! I swear EON would be capable of coming up with something like this :twisted:

Well unless all of QoS was just there for no reason whatsoever (uh which may be a point :twisted: ) then Quantum must come back and Craig's Bond destroy them, since QoS laid down the base Bond 23 in terms of nemesis to beat. And, they have already said that the plot picks up right where QoS left off, so clearly Quantum is coming back. Craig's Bond can deal with them so we really can just consider this a trilogy by itself and then remove it from our minds.
"Are we on coms?"
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Captain Nash wrote:http://www.mi6forums.com/viewtopic.php? ... 54#4820154

You'll see that Mi6 feels the same way about this OLD rumour.
What is this MI6 place you keep mentioning? I've never heard of it.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Craig's Bond is still all sadfais about freaking Vesper, don't forget, so we'll have henchmen who try and take his heart, that belongs to Vesper because she's his one and only twu wuv that will never leave his heart. That's the artsy and metaphorical part of it! That means we basically get the hunter from Snow White as the henchman. No wait, he was too believable and they can't use him. Guess it will just be a ripoff of the Vampire Diaries, where vampires just go in with their hand and rip off the heart of their enemies (Damon, a vampire, did it with Mason, a werewolf). That's it! New henchmen will be vampires! Win win! Because we have vampires that are what everyone goes to see nowadays! I swear EON would be capable of coming up with something like this :twisted:

007 meets the sparkly vampires? pass me the sick bucket! :lol:
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I once suggested the producers ( who love to jump on a band wagon ) Mix Twlight and The high school Movies,Craig going undercover as a Highschool Jock looking for the daughter of Bolfeld But all singing and dancing.That way all that shaky camera work would look like a rock video.
And in my Brain there is a missing scene in QOS where Elvis rips his wig of and throws it as a frisby at a startled Bond,Only to have it spring to life as Blofeld cat, Leading Bond to know who the head of Quantum really is. :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

They definitely know how to jump on a tend( shakycam, anyone? :mrgreen: ) but Twilight? OMG BRB... imagining how much respect they'd lose if they did that(not that they have much respect in the buisness as it is!)