Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Chile earthquake

Post by Dr. No »

Aftershocks continue from Saturday's magnitude 8.8 Chilean earthquake, now responsible for about 300 deaths.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, about 90 aftershocks of the quake have hit South America. They include a 6.9 magnitude event off the coast. Such aftershocks typically follow earthquakes, as motion of the crust in one location puts pressure on weak spots along earthquake fault lines, triggering further motion.

The tsunami triggered by the quake has traveled across the Pacific, reaching Japan. The Tsunami Warning for the entire ocean has now ended.

By Dan Vergano
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Chile earthquake

Post by Kristatos »

Did they make a pact with Satan too?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kokopelli
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Spy Who Loved Me, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, The World Is Not Enough, You Only Live Twice
Favorite Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, The Hunt for Red October, Die Hard Movies, Harry Potter Movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Kingdom of Heaven, Elizabeth & Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Post by Kokopelli »

Kristatos wrote:Did they make a pact with Satan too?
<--- ? What?
"Crooked is the back of fate."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Kokopelli wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Did they make a pact with Satan too?
<--- ? What?
I'm referring to the "Reverend" Pat Robertson, who went on TV in the States saying that the reason for the Haiti earthquake was something to do with the Haitians making a pact with the Devil to free them from French rule. The first cuckoo of spring gets earlier every year.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kokopelli
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Spy Who Loved Me, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, The World Is Not Enough, You Only Live Twice
Favorite Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, The Hunt for Red October, Die Hard Movies, Harry Potter Movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Kingdom of Heaven, Elizabeth & Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Post by Kokopelli »

I don't pay attention to the Robertsons of the world. People like him always gets publicity for saying insanely insensitive stuff.
"Crooked is the back of fate."
katied

Post by katied »

They're very very lucky that the damage has been nowhere near the extent of Haiti's. South America is eathquake prone which makes me nervous..my niece is going to Peru in a few days. :shock: