Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Lineup revealed for Ross's TV return

Post by CaptainLewis »

The guests for Jonathan Ross's first chatshow since serving his three-month suspension have been announced.

Stephen Fry and comedian Lee Evans will join the presenter for Friday Night With Jonathan Ross on January 23, while rockers Franz Ferdinand will provide the music.

Filming for the programme is expected to take place on January 21 or 22 and the BBC have revealed that one more guest will be announced nearer the time.

Ross was suspended without pay from his BBC One chatshow in October after he and comedian Russell Brand left a series of lewd messages on the answering machine of Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs.

The format of of the show is expected to remain the same, but Ross has been told by bosses to cut back on swearing and will reportedly be shadowed by a personal censor during filming.
Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a140750/ ... eturn.html
retrokitty
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, DN, FRWL, TB, CR
Favorite Movies: Withnail & I, Breakfast at Tiffany's

Re: Lineup revealed for Ross's TV return

Post by retrokitty »

That's interesting. I wonder if they will discuss the issue at all. And I wonder if some will see Fry's attendance as condoning the behavior.
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Cruise confirmed for Ross return

Tuesday, January 13 2009, 17:34 GMT

By Lara Martin

Rex Features

Tom Cruise has been confirmed as a guest on Jonathan Ross's first chatshow since serving his three-month suspension.

The Valkyrie star will appear alongside previously announced guests Stephen Fry and Lee Evans on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross on January 23.

Franz Ferdinand have also been confirmed to perform their new single 'Ulysses'.

The appearance will mark Cruise's first on the programme, although he has previously been interviewed by Ross for his BBC One film review show.

Filming is scheduled for next Wednesday or Thursday.

The presenter will resume his Radio 2 show on February 24 and BBC One's Film 2009 on February 26.

Ross was suspended without pay from the BBC in October after he and comedian Russell Brand left a series of lewd messages on the answering machine of Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs.
Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a142178/ ... eturn.html
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Sachs: 'I will watch Ross show return'
Friday, January 23 2009, 16:54 GMT
By Lara Martin

Rex Features

Andrew Sachs has revealed that he will watch Jonathan Ross's first chatshow since serving his three-month ban.

Ross was suspended from his BBC One show last year after he and comedian Russell Brand left a series of offensive messages on the former Fawlty Towers actor's answering machine.

Speaking to the Evening Standard, Sachs confessed that he would watch the first programme out of curiosity but claimed that he has no intention of viewing any further episodes.

"His show is embarrassing, it is not an interview show, it's the Jonathan Ross show. A lot of people like the show but I don't, and I'm not alone," he said.

During taping of the programme yesterday, Ross issued an apology to Sachs and promised to be "more aware" of his actions in the future.

Friday Night With Jonathan Ross airs at 10.35pm tonight on BBC One.
Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a144369/ ... eturn.html
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

CaptainLewis wrote:
Sachs: 'I will watch Ross show return'
Friday, January 23 2009, 16:54 GMT
By Lara Martin

Rex Features

Andrew Sachs has revealed that he will watch Jonathan Ross's first chatshow since serving his three-month ban.

Ross was suspended from his BBC One show last year after he and comedian Russell Brand left a series of offensive messages on the former Fawlty Towers actor's answering machine.

Speaking to the Evening Standard, Sachs confessed that he would watch the first programme out of curiosity but claimed that he has no intention of viewing any further episodes.

"His show is embarrassing, it is not an interview show, it's the Jonathan Ross show. A lot of people like the show but I don't, and I'm not alone," he said.

During taping of the programme yesterday, Ross issued an apology to Sachs and promised to be "more aware" of his actions in the future.

Friday Night With Jonathan Ross airs at 10.35pm tonight on BBC One.
Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a144369/ ... eturn.html
Some people complained about his radio show, so I think some are determined to get his shows taken off again.
Bring back Bond!
Trust Me
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball!

Post by Trust Me »

I think that all the radio shtick is much ado about nothing.

Sachs: I don't hold any grudges!
General Public: But..he!..phone!...granddaughter!
can be found blogging at http://www.trusttommy.com.

Twitters at http://www.twitter.com/TrustTommy
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Ross sparks new row with 'OAP sex joke'

Jonathan Ross is facing fresh criticism today after appearing to joke about sex with an 80-year-old woman on his Radio 2 comeback show.

The broadcaster has returned to work this week after serving a three-month suspension from the BBC for his part in the Manuelgate scandal, which saw him leaving a series of lewd messages on the voicemail of Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs.

In Ross's first radio show since the row yesterday, the host's producer Andy Davies told listeners that he had been grabbed by a "frisky" OAP as he worked in the garden of his villa in Spain.

Ross replied: "Eighty, oh God! I think you should, just for charity. Give her one last night, will you? One last night before the grave. Would it kill you?"

Davies's wife Abigail has since confirmed that the woman does exist, explaining: "It's very sad because she has Alzheimer's Disease. She takes a fancy to any man in the street and tries to kiss them."

Ross's comments, which were broadcast shortly after 10am, have since been condemned by Tory MP David Davies.

"On Radio 2 you don't expected X-rated references to sex, and especially sex with an 80-year-old, during the day," he explained. "[Ross] should have gone ages ago. There's no way this man should be on the air. He needs to be replaced now."

However, speaking outside his home yesterday evening, Ross insisted that his comments had been misinterpreted.

"I hope no one has been upset by the show," he told the News Of The World. "It was a kind of light-hearted remark about giving her a cuddle. It wasn't 'give her one' - I meant, 'Give her one last cuddle.' You know there was no malice intended. There was no harm intended, OK?"

A BBC Spokeswoman commented: "Regular listeners will be familiar with Jonathan’s irreverence and innuendo. There was clearly no intention to offend anyone. Nothing broadcast by the BBC was linked to a specific individual or would allow the public to link these comments to an individual."

Andy Davies said: "It is completely untrue to suggest that I was referring to a real individual on the programme, nor would I have told such a story about anyone suffering from dementia. The story was poetic licence based on the warm and affectionate behaviour experienced in Spanish village life. I did not identify an individual because there isn’t one."
Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcastin ... -joke.html