Milestones and rankings.

DCinB Forum Information and Other Related Discussions
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Milestones and rankings.

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:Nash, your behavior here hasn't exactly been perfect.Neither has mine.But think about it.What sort of things have you said that might cause you to get your OO yanked.

I had MORE than enough posts at The Place That Can't Be Named and had been there long enough(like it really matters :roll: ) yet I was overlooked for a Double O on more than a few occasions.Like I said:Trivial cr*ap that doesn't matter.
He was asking the mods, not you.
katied

Post by katied »

It's a free country :roll:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

This a a civilised and friendly thread about rankings, so tone it down a bit!

Ben: you went a bit over the top attacking CNB and registered under some fake names, and we thought you'd left the site, so we stripped you of the 00 honour to try to keep it's dignity (not that it's equivalent to a knighthood or anything!). But, as I said before, it's a new forum and things are being changed a bit.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Yep. Double 0=not important.Well, at least not here,anyways :wink:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

katied wrote:Yep. Double 0=not important.Well, at least not here,anyways :wink:
It's a bit of fun; but not meaningless, and the members that have it are quite honoured!
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

I'm sure they are honored..I don't disagree that it's meaningless.A status symbol?not here.Unlike other places.IOW people here know it's not something they can hold over other people.Most people here know that's a d-bag move.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

I disagree Katied, I think an honor like that is meaningful, but like what Carl said in a fun way, nothing too serious. :) Every forum has their 00-status rank. :cheers:
katied

Post by katied »

It's.A.D.Bag.Move.To. Act.Like.It's.Important./matters.That is all.

The Place That Can't be Named is the only, and I do mean only,place anyone cares.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

I think you should drop it Katied, it's getting old fast. I can imagine everyone else is growing tired of your never ending tirades of MI6 (or anything else for that matter). Can't you just move on if you hate it that much?

Although I bet a certain mod approves of the MI6 bashing, right Carl? :P
katied

Post by katied »

Well,whining about not being a Double O confirms to me my assertion that that sort of thing really DOES matter to some here.Quite frankly,I could care less how many posts people here have,or whatever.Nobody cares.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

How is asking a simple question = whining? :? Just drop it Katied, you're better off putting this whole MI6 thing behind you.
katied

Post by katied »

Like I said:The people here who actually care about stupid c*rap like rankings and post counts are in the minority.
retrokitty
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, DN, FRWL, TB, CR
Favorite Movies: Withnail & I, Breakfast at Tiffany's

Post by retrokitty »

This is hilarious. Katied, you've posted about 10 times about how you don't care and how you thought you deserved it at MI6 but didn't get it.

Like here, any "promotion" decisions, that are made by the team of mods or admin, are likely made keeping post count, regularity in posting, and quality of posts in mind.

You and I were on the same forum at MI6 for approximately the same about of time - I think you got there about 2 months before I did. And we posted the same amount for some time too. And at the beginning you were quite a positive, clever addition to the forum. But think about your attitude toward the forum when the promotions were given out. By the time the year anniversary of your membership came up, you were bashing the mods and harrassing other members.

I feel that there are some people on the MI6 forum that deserve more recognition but are not noted because they are not as vocal as others. And clearly, I'm a vocal member and I did feel a bit happy that my contributions to the site and its members were noted. Sure, it's all in fun, but the people that hand out the statuses do consider many qualities of the people they promote or don't promote.

No offense, but unlike some people that might get overlooked, I don't think your lack of promotion to 00 at MI6 was an oversight. You choose to post they way you choose to post. You have made it clear, here and at MI6, that you "don't care" about so many things.

So why worry about it.

As for calling MI6 "the place that cannot be named"... really? Get over it.

And I'm responding here as, once again, you mentioned me by name as if to insult me in a subtle way. It didn't make sense though... there was nothing to defend.

Like Nash said, this site has really grown and developed over the year. You should too.
katied

Post by katied »

retrokitty wrote:This is hilarious. Katied, you've posted about 10 times about how you don't care and how you thought you deserved it at MI6 but didn't get it.
I *didn't* care.Really.
Like here, any "promotion" decisions, that are made by the team of mods or admin, are likely made keeping post count, regularity in posting, and quality of posts in mind.
Unlike over at The Place that Can't Be Named :roll:

You and I were on the same forum at MI6 for approximately the same about of time - I think you got there about 2 months before I did. And we posted the same amount for some time too. And at the beginning you were quite a positive, clever addition to the forum. But think about your attitude toward the forum when the promotions were given out. By the time the year anniversary of your membership came up, you were bashing the mods and harrassing other members.
I really wasn't going to respond to ANY of this..however I thought some things needed to be cleared up.Continuing...It's ALL about about how long you've been at The Place That Can't Be Named.Despite what some people there might have you think. :roll:

I feel that there are some people on the MI6 forum that deserve more recognition but are not noted because they are not as vocal as others. And clearly, I'm a vocal member and I did feel a bit happy that my contributions to the site and its members were noted. Sure, it's all in fun, but the people that hand out the statuses do consider many qualities of the people they promote or don't promote.
And others misbehave/act like a$$holes and get rewarded for it. That's just what I think :roll:

No offense, but unlike some people that might get overlooked, I don't think your lack of promotion to 00 at MI6 was an oversight. You choose to post they way you choose to post. You have made it clear, here and at MI6, that you "don't care" about so many things.
See my above post about people acting like a$$holes/power tripping and being rewarded for it :roll:

As for calling MI6 "the place that cannot be named"... really? Get over it.
I'm sorry if you you don't like it but it's what I'm going to do :roll:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Don't point the finger on me Katied, you started it. I'm a very peaceful person, I even have the word "peace" on my last name. Don't blame me for you acting screwy.
katied

Post by katied »

^Wow.That was random.

Retrokitty is the one who decided to post a response, and I feel the need to comment in kind.I WAS leaving this whole The Place That Can't Be Named cr*ap behind me and posting about other things,but SHE brought it up.Don't try to put this on me.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Then why did you leave this thread without giving a resolution which allowed Kitty to assume you haven't really gotten over it?
katied

Post by katied »

I was just choosing not to talk about it.I thought that was enough.Apparently not.

And anyways,it's no use trying to get her to see the *obvious* flaws of The Place That Can't Be Named(IMO)
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Umm isn't this off topic really?
Get to discussing milestones and rankings.
Has anyone been banned form this forum yet?
What does someone have to do to get banned?
I'm not seeking to do so, just curious.

*Where are the emoticons?*
katied

Post by katied »

Captain Nash wrote:Umm isn't this off topic really?
Get to discussing milestones and rankings.
Has anyone been banned form this forum yet?
What does someone have to do to get banned?
I'm not seeking to do so, just curious.

*Where are the emoticons?*

Like I said,I was leaving this alone.But *Retrokitty* was the one who decided to post in this thread again.NOT me.Blame her.Sorry if that pisses people off but I had to say it.

Staying somewhat on topic..I would think it's pretty hard to get banned from this place.I thought B. Brown's posts warranted him being banned,for the sheer jack*assery of their content,but that's just me.