US Election 2012

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: US Election 2012

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.gop.com/news/research/what-t ... -watchers/ CNN poll: Ryan 48% Biden 44% Biden turned off even the liberals.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Was Biden possessed by the joker last night :shock:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Dr. No wrote:Was Biden possessed by the joker last night :shock:
He did seem a bit crackers. No disrespect to Mitt Romney or his supporters but he always reminds me of a game show host. :D
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Dr. No wrote:Was Biden possessed by the joker last night :shock:
He did seem a bit crackers. No disrespect to Mitt Romney or his supporters but he always reminds me of a game show host. :D
You mean he ain't Chuck Woolery :lol:
He robotical so is Obama.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I watched some of the vice-presidential debate and Paul Ryan looks like Joe Biden's grandson.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think Biden was overcompensating for Obama's lackadaisical performance in the first debate.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

One is on downers.......the other on uppers................what pharmacy do they use?
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:I watched some of the vice-presidential debate and Paul Ryan looks like Joe Biden's grandson.
I think Ryan played it right, it had a subtle message that he respected his elders with the subtext he's not one to worry about all the benefits are safe.
Biden looked crazy. Oh and they both lied about almost everything. And were insane enough to think we have a choice between these clowns.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Hillary is taking the blame.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/us/clinto ... index.html
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday tried to douse a political firestorm over the deadly assault on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya, saying she's responsible for the security of American diplomatic outposts.

"I take responsibility," Clinton told CNN in an interview while on a visit to Peru. "I'm in charge of the State Department's 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts. The president and the vice president wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals. They're the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Remember that it says this which is probably obvious:
In the stronger economies of Northern and Western Europe, most people say they’re doing fine, while more people are suffering than thriving in Bulgaria, Hungary, and Greece.

In Spain and Greece in particular, sentiments have gotten steadily worse since 2008
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Once Romney steadies the USA economy and brings unemployment down to under 7% within 2 years the European mess will benefit as well by knowing their major partner is finally on the right track.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Candy Crowley was awful. She had no business being a moderator after her comments about Ryan instant disqualification in my book.

I don't think either was on their game. I think Obama was probably hurt by the debate in image alone.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The entire setup and platform of a town hall is a joke. Crow-ley was dreadful. How did Oh-bama know she had a transcript already of his rose garden statement on the Libya debacle? Debate was even but Oh-bama was NOT liked by Independents on both Fox and MSNBC, of all places, so it worked out fine for Romney. Oh-bama looks worse each week now and desperate and liberal spin doctors cannot be listened to any longer. I shut them off and watch sports instead now. Monday Romney goes after little O on foreign policy failures and that's enough of this already. The real poll is November 6 2012 :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Glenn Greenwald on the debates and how they mirror the failings of American "democracy".
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:Glenn Greenwald on the debates and how they mirror the failings of American "democracy".
He has a point.
the two political parties in the 1990s joined forces to wrest control over the presidential debates away from the independent League of Women Voters, which had long resisted the parties' efforts to shield their presidential candidates from genuine surprise or challenge. Now run by the party-controlled Commission on Presidential Debates, these rituals are designed to do little more than " eliminate spontaneity" and "exclude all viable third-party voices".