Too old for rookie Bond
6%
Lacks charisma
11%
Too short
4%

Total votes: 72

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Main reason why Craig is not Bond..

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:I am from NYC.
And Fat Seagal used to live around BJ's area.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Actually I know where his house was by the beach when he was married to Kelly Lebrock. http://i25.tinypic.com/2m3o3l3.jpg :shock: :shock: :shock: He marched in a Columbus Day parade as well here. Seagal's marriage to La Russa was annulled and he then married LeBrock on 5 September 1987. His three children with LeBrock are daughters Annaliza and Arissa, and son Dominic. In 1994, LeBrock filed divorce papers citing "irreconcilable differences". During this time it emerged that Seagal was having an affair with Arissa Wolf, who was hired to be a nanny to Seagal and Lebrock's children. Seagal has a daughter with Arissa Wolf, Savannah.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

005 wrote:Thanks for the welcome, guys! I was so depressed after seeing Skyfall - I felt like I was the only one who hated Daniel Craig and wished for another actual Bond movie. So I took to the Internet to find if there were any others like me, or if I was the last of my kind, and I found this forum! That REALLY made me feel better. :D
I constantly see people complaining about Craig and the new direction on various other forums, so don't worry, you're certainly not the only one who feels this way. But this forum is the best place for classic Bond fans to freely express their thoughts and opinions about the current state of the series, so it's good that you discovered this site.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote: I constantly see people complaining about Craig and the new direction on various other forums, so don't worry, you're certainly not the only one who feels this way. But this forum is the best place for classic Bond fans to freely express their thoughts and opinions about the current state of the series, so it's good that you discovered this site.
And I wonder how many of the people praising Craig on forums etc are studio plants. I have remarked before on this site about how often I have seen Ian Fleming's surname misspelled as "Flemming" in pro-Craig comments. Pretty odd to see the same spelling mistake cropping up in posts ostensibly from different people, but all spouting the same talking points. I smell astroturf.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Kristatos wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote: I constantly see people complaining about Craig and the new direction on various other forums, so don't worry, you're certainly not the only one who feels this way. But this forum is the best place for classic Bond fans to freely express their thoughts and opinions about the current state of the series, so it's good that you discovered this site.
And I wonder how many of the people praising Craig on forums etc are studio plants. I have remarked before on this site about how often I have seen Ian Fleming's surname misspelled as "Flemming" in pro-Craig comments. Pretty odd to see the same spelling mistake cropping up in posts ostensibly from different people, but all spouting the same talking points. I smell astroturf.
It's funny how on the Internet you see forum dwellers praising Quantum Of Solace, and it gets fairly average reviews on certain sites. But outside the Internet, it's extremely difficult to find someone who actually likes that film. So you could be right in regards to studio plants being on the forums to constantly shower Craig with tons of praise and hype. It seems that it's perfectly fine to bash any other Bond actor, but dare you say something negative about Craig, even in a constructive manner, the defenders will instantly come in and attack you.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
It's funny how on the Internet you see forum dwellers praising Quantum Of Solace, and it gets fairly average reviews on certain sites. But outside the Internet, it's extremely difficult to find someone who actually likes that film. So you could be right in regards to studio plants being on the forums to constantly shower Craig with tons of praise and hype. It seems that it's perfectly fine to bash any other Bond actor, but dare you say something negative about Craig, even in a constructive manner, the defenders will instantly come in and attack you.
Back years ago (last time I looked) you could set your watched to it like a shift was changing. :lol:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
I'm not sure on that. Pretty much every forum I visit, QoS is universally panned, even by fans who love Craig as Bond.

As for EON plants on forums, maybe there could have been one or two, but I think in general you have to accept Craig is very popular now as 007. It's not as though everyone who is praising him on IMDB, MI6, AJB, CBn, etc. all are studio plants. Craig does have a massive following, whichever way you look at it.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Quantum Of Solace does get bashed, but I've seen plenty of forum nerds that give the film praise. I remember a while ago, I was having a discussion here about how there was a list the worst Bond films thread on IMDb, and anytime someone mentioned Quantum Of Solace, they would almost instantly get attacked. Personally, I consider Quantum Of Solace to be the worst Bond film in the series, and what amazes me is that it still manages to get review averages that are on par or even slightly higher than some of the Connery, Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan Bonds.

Yes, Craig does have his fans. But many of his fans consist of younger people who tend to frequent the forums more. So on the Internet, you'll most likely see more Craig fans than you would see Connery or Moore fans. I'm not trying to argue with you Sweeney. I understand that Craig is pretty popular as Bond, but I'm tired of all the constant praise he gets for things that don't deserve it, as well as the hypocrisy. It was wrong for any of the former Bond actors to age in the slightest, but Craig gets a pass because he has muscles, and the withered look now supposedly adds to the realism of how his work as a spy is hard on him. Or how Brosnan fixing his tie was lame, but Craig fixing his cuffs is awesome. References to the classic Bond films was awful in Die Another Day, but perfectly fine in Skyfall, and the list goes on. Once again, I understand that Craig is popular and whatnot, but I dislike the whole one-sided attitude that's been going on recently.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

The Saint 007 wrote:Quantum Of Solace does get bashed, but I've seen plenty of forum nerds that give the film praise. I remember a while ago, I was having a discussion here about how there was a list the worst Bond films thread on IMDb, and anytime someone mentioned Quantum Of Solace, they would almost instantly get attacked. Personally, I consider Quantum Of Solace to be the worst Bond film in the series, and what amazes me is that it still manages to get review averages that are on par or even slightly higher than some of the Connery, Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan Bonds.

Yes, Craig does have his fans. But many of his fans consist of younger people who tend to frequent the forums more. So on the Internet, you'll most likely see more Craig fans than you would see Connery or Moore fans. I'm not trying to argue with you Sweeney. I understand that Craig is pretty popular as Bond, but I'm tired of all the constant praise he gets for things that don't deserve it, as well as the hypocrisy. It was wrong for any of the former Bond actors to age in the slightest, but Craig gets a pass because he has muscles, and the withered look now supposedly adds to the realism of how his work as a spy is hard on him. Or how Brosnan fixing his tie was lame, but Craig fixing his cuffs is awesome. References to the classic Bond films was awful in Die Another Day, but perfectly fine in Skyfall, and the list goes on. Once again, I understand that Craig is popular and whatnot, but I dislike the whole one-sided attitude that's been going on recently.
I think you have to take things in context. The references in SF were tastefully done, I thought. In QoS I wasn't impressed though. DAD was just a bad film period, including the references.

The adjusting cuffs link is far more subtle than the underwater tie-straightening, you have to admit. It happens very quickly, and is over before you've even noticed it. The underwater tie straightening is totally unnecessary, accompanied by a comedy moment theme tune from Arnold to bolster the point home even further. Nasty and tacky.

I can see when there are problems in Bond movies, and QoS had plenty of them too, so this is nothing to do with liking Craig, but more to do with noticing what is wrong in certain Bond movies. Unfortunately I find far more issues with Brozzas films that I do with Craig's.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It wasn't Pierce's fault though Sweeney, that's the point. He wanted to make Bond more serious, but not so serious everyone forgets to have fun watching the films, right FBF? Piece got the Eon shaft both in terms of plot content and the way he was let go by a phone call to go get lost because Brocolli's shirtles lover got the role instead.
notAFan
New Recruit

Post by notAFan »

I'm reading here for some years. Interesting opinions. But one thing I find very disturbing. Is BJMDDS somehow dependent on FBF? Are they in a D/s, Father/son, employer/employee relationship. In every other post BJMDDS is like "right FBF", "Correct FBF", "I am sure FBF will agree with me on this, right?".
This kind of behavior is rather pathetic and sycophantic.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:It wasn't Pierce's fault though Sweeney, that's the point. He wanted to make Bond more serious, but not so serious everyone forgets to have fun watching the films, right FBF?
DC got the good stuff and Pierce didn't. One of the reasons why the traditional tall and dark-haired Bond has no place in this world, and Bond shall be played by ethnic actors, freak & weirdos, robots, and pets....once DC retires. Saint....what your take on robots and pets playing Bond?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Tobor the 8th Man as Bond?
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:It wasn't Pierce's fault though Sweeney, that's the point. He wanted to make Bond more serious, but not so serious everyone forgets to have fun watching the films, right FBF?
DC got the good stuff and Pierce didn't. One of the reasons why the traditional tall and dark-haired Bond has no place in this world, and Bond shall be played by ethnic actors, freak & weirdos, robots, and pets....once DC retires. Saint....what your take on robots and pets playing Bond?
Robots, pets, scruffy unshaven self-employed landscaping contractors, are all fine. There's no more guideline for the casting of Bond or other supporting characters, anything goes. Hmmm, robots and pets somehow made me think of the robot monkey from the TimeSplitters games.

He was a popular character in the game, so perhaps he could be Bond. :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

notAFan wrote:I'm reading here for some years. Interesting opinions. But one thing I find very disturbing. Is BJMDDS somehow dependent on FBF? Are they in a D/s, Father/son, employer/employee relationship. In every other post BJMDDS is like "right FBF", "Correct FBF", "I am sure FBF will agree with me on this, right?".
This kind of behavior is rather pathetic and sycophantic.
If you have been reading here for years you would understand the byplay between us. If you have been reading here for some years I would think you would have more important things to sign up and post about. What is pathetic is the way Eon has deconstructed the Bond franchise and the public has gone along with it, not the banter between members.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Robots, pets, scruffy unshaven self-employed landscaping contractors, are all fine. There's no more guideline for the casting of Bond or other supporting characters, anything goes. Hmmm, robots and pets somehow made me think of the robot monkey from the TimeSplitters games.

He was a popular character in the game, so perhaps he could be Bond. :lol:
I was actually thinking about Bender (from Futurama) as Bond.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Sure, I guess Bender from Futurama would work. But the robot monkey isn't a bad idea either.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:If you have been reading here for years you would understand the byplay between us.
Not necessarily....
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Saint 007 wrote:Sure, I guess Bender from Futurama would work. But the robot monkey isn't a bad idea either.
The Monkey is better. :lol:
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote: As for EON plants on forums, maybe there could have been one or two
One or two is all it takes. Political lobbyists use sophisticated "persona management software" to allow their social media interns to create literally dozens of sock puppets, sometimes as many as 70, each with their own backstory and personality traits. It's hard to beleve that this couldn't also have commercial implications, say for a studio trying to create internet buzz around its movies. So when John from London and Jenny from Chicago both tell me that Craig is "Flemming's Bond", I get suspicious.