Time for Another Writing Campaing

HeavenBoy
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love, Diamonds Are Forever
Favorite Movies: The Freshman

Time for Another Writing Campaing

Post by HeavenBoy »

Bizjournal.com reports that Liberty Media may bid for MGM. http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stori ... ily29.html

If that turns out to be the case, we need to start writing them about a real reboot of the franchise to turn Bond films back into the Hollywood events and box office successes they once were in the Connery days, and to a lesser extent, in the Brosnan days. They've already dumped Crags from the new video game, the films should be next.

If you want to write to Liberty Media, here is a contact: http://www.libertymedia.com/contact-us.aspx
Well, one of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Time for Another Writing Campaing

Post by Kristatos »

I don't think studios take much notice of fan campaigns. They're more interested in what their focus groups and test preview audiences tell them.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

I don't see harm in writing the next owners.Doubt they'd do anything about it until after Craig leaves anyway.
katied

Post by katied »

If the writing campaign manages to revamp the Bond franchise and get it back to the way it used to be,instead of the usual cliche ridden crap,I'm all for it. :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:If the writing campaign manages to revamp the Bond franchise and get it back to the way it used to be,instead of the usual cliche ridden crap,I'm all for it. :up:
That's a bit like saying "if snake oil cures cancer, I'm all for it". A writing campaign won't achieve anything beyond getting some stuff off the writers' collective chest.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

[quoteThat's a bit like saying "if snake oil cures cancer, I'm all for it". A writing campaign won't achieve anything beyond getting some stuff off the writers' collective chest.[/quote]

Maybe not..Lord knows trying to change the current regime's minds is like trying to talk to a brick wall. :cuss:
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

HeavenBoy wrote:Bizjournal.com reports that Liberty Media may bid for MGM. http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stori ... ily29.html

If that turns out to be the case, we need to start writing them about a real reboot of the franchise to turn Bond films back into the Hollywood events and box office successes they once were in the Connery days, and to a lesser extent, in the Brosnan days. They've already dumped Crags from the new video game, the films should be next.

If you want to write to Liberty Media, here is a contact: http://www.libertymedia.com/contact-us.aspx
Liberty Media is not serious. They like everybody else they will fight over the spoils, including Bond. But the 4 billion in debt MGM owns is daunting. Doubly so in this economy.

Writing campaigns can get attention, with enough unique names and IP addresses. They had an effect when Craig took the role, unfortunately for the protesters it was the studios (Sony) doubling down on Craig and unleashing a viral campaign among other media manipulations.

Many of you will not remember that there was a write in campaign prior to the Craig not Bond (2006) movement and that one was entirely successful. Perhaps 2006 was too late for the protest to begin. If it had happened immediately in 2005 when Craig was first anointed, before production began, the studio would have cut bait.

If October 18th 2005 had seen a flood of write ins on top of the birth of CNB, knowing how I know Craig felt and still fells about CnB it wouldn't have been up to the studios he likely would have walked away. If that had happened Brosnan would have returned or a younger replacement actor kept on standby would have been brought in.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

I can see a writing campaign potentially going bad...I can see a writing campaign at one of the fanboy boards going awry when the same bunch of fans bombard the studios with emails(and they would do so, if goaded) :?
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

So you're in possesion of the dcinb crystal ball at present.
As for the fanboy boards. Well it's strange how you lurk on them, yet spit the dummy if anyone who isn't logged on is looking at this forum.
You claim other forums are un-friendly, yet if you're not an anti-Craig you're not welcome here. Nor are you allowed to read any posts without being a member.
Pot.
Kettle.
Black.
katied

Post by katied »

The internet works against Bond fans who think that bombarding studios/EON/whoever is a good idea. :?