Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Re: Worst moment in Quantum of Solace?

Post by Captain Nash »

Skywalker wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:What was the worst moment in Quantum of Solace? Choose some moments other than the obvious abysmal parachute jump. :shock:
I think the worst moment for me was realising I'd just spend £6 for the privilege of watching this turd of a movie. I can't think of anything I actually like about the film.
There are a few fleeting moments that work, but I agree on the whole the package is lacking any real substance.
I enjoyed Craigs performance, and would like to see more of Jeffrey Wright as Felix in a future outing, but lets never get Marc Forster to direct again.
The 'he's never directed an action movie' should've sounded warning bells.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Skywalker wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:What was the worst moment in Quantum of Solace? Choose some moments other than the obvious abysmal parachute jump. :shock:
I think the worst moment for me was realising I'd just spend £6 for the privilege of watching this turd of a movie. I can't think of anything I actually like about the film.
I can think of precisely 2 things I like about QOS:

1) Parachute jump aside, i thought the arial dogfight was a genuinely exciting update of the PCS from Moonraker. A pity that the conclusion was just as unbelievable.

2) The return of the travelogue aspect of the Bond films. For the first time in many years, the exotic locations actually felt exotic.

Other than that, it was a complete turkey.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

2) The return of the travelogue aspect of the Bond films. For the first time in many years, the exotic locations actually felt exotic.

True, but it'd be nice to have a Bond movie that didn't always go to the same places *every* movie*(Carribean,Europe, etc.)
Last edited by katied on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Captain Nash wrote: There are a few fleeting moments that work, but I agree on the whole the package is lacking any real substance.
I enjoyed Craigs performance, and would like to see more of Jeffrey Wright as Felix in a future outing, but lets never get Marc Forster to direct again.
The 'he's never directed an action movie' should've sounded warning bells.
Craig and Jeffrey Wright have miserably botched the Bond & Felix. From CR on they inexorably took a s**t on the whole relationship.
Kristatos wrote: I can think of precisely 2 things I like about QOS:

1) Parachute jump aside, i thought the arial dogfight was a genuinely exciting update of the PCS from Moonraker. A pity that the conclusion was just as unbelievable.

Other than that, it was a complete turkey.
A travelogue of bleak desolate ass-end places nobody wants to go to.

No question they can make better Bond movies. The stumbling block for them is they stopped making Bond movies and started making commentary pieces about politics, how miserable life is and how crooked and dishonest the governments are.

DAD actually surprised me on their use of someplaces. Not that it forgives the failings of that film, nor does it deserve the crap Nash and his revisionist lot heap on it
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

A travelogue of bleak desolate ass-end places nobody wants to go to

Especially since the water situation in Bolivia really HAS gotten bad :shock:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Mazer Rackham wrote:
No question they can make better Bond movies. The stumbling block for them is they stopped making Bond movies and started making commentary pieces about politics, how miserable life is and how crooked and dishonest the governments are.
You can blame Forster for that one
DAD actually surprised me on their use of someplaces. Not that it forgives the failings of that film, nor does it deserve the crap Nash and his revisionist lot heap on it
Iceland...ummm Hong Kong on a backlot...Korea in England and Wales....an Amiga computer for the rest of the locales. :lol:
Tell me Mazer me old mucker, what places surprised you?
Since GoldenEye the Bond films travelogue has got tiresome. But where do you send a British agent who has been almost everywhere?
If the producers looked back to the last truly great Bond film (that the majority of fans would probably agree on) then the locales and use of them more importantly for TLD would be a good template.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Captain Nash wrote:
Mazer Rackham wrote:
You can blame Forster for that one
Not completely since it began in CR
Iceland...ummm Hong Kong on a backlot...Korea in England and Wales....an Amiga computer for the rest of the locales. :lol:
Tell me Mazer me old mucker, what places surprised you?
Since GoldenEye the Bond films travelogue has got tiresome. But where do you send a British agent who has been almost everywhere?
If the producers looked back to the last truly great Bond film (that the majority of fans would probably agree on) then the locales and use of them more importantly for TLD would be a good template.
You forgot Finland chum

DAD had Korea, Cuba, England, Iceland represented in the movie a decent mix of locations and climate extremes. CR and Quark locations were decidedly tired and drab.

BTW It was Spain and Hawaii that surprised me :wink:

I agree that after GoldenEye it sent down hill far as scouting locations
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

It's be nice to have a Bond film set in the States.Not sure what the plot would be to get Bond here for at least part of a film..it's just a suggestion! :wink:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:It's be nice to have a Bond film set in the States.Not sure what the plot would be to get Bond here for at least part of a film..it's just a suggestion! :wink:
Umm, a guy threatening to irradiate all the gold in Fort Knox perhaps? Or how about Bond getting involved with diamond smugglers in Las Vegas. Or maybe a plot to flood Silicon Valley. Nah, I can't imagine a Bond film using any of those plots ;)
katied

Post by katied »

San Diego in Bond 23!(something to do with the border,perhaps?)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

A travelogue of bleak desolate ass-end places nobody wants to go to

Ever heard of poverty tourism? Very popular with gap year students. Anyway, that description only really fits Bolivia and the council flat in London seen in one brief scene (the most un-Bondlike scene in the entire movie as far as I'm concerned). Bond also went to Vienna, Spain and Italy,
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

That cardigan. Dear me.
katied

Post by katied »

Bond and cardigans)among other things) should not mix. :P