Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

How radical should Bond 22 be?

Post by carl stromberg »

Eon have made a different type of Bond film and been sucessful.

Do you think they should be even more radical in Bond 22? Or will Craig become the Bond we "all know and love" jumping off cliffs in pink salapets and firing lasers out of his cufflinks? :lol:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

I get the feeling that Craigs Bond will be grounded in a more believable reality, relying on his fists and wits to overcome situations instead of a handy gadget. But there will surely be gadgets involved.
But I think we'll see the character grow and change throughout his tenure. It's (imo) a very exciting time for Bond fans, it might not be to everyones taste, but it sure is something to talk about.
BondFan007
Lieutenant

Re: How radical should Bond 22 be?

Post by BondFan007 »

carl stromberg wrote:Eon have made a different type of Bond film and been sucessful.

Do you think they should be even more radical in Bond 22? Or will Craig become the Bond we "all know and love" jumping off cliffs in pink salapets and firing lasers out of his cufflinks? :lol:
Well, I think it will go towards the early Connery style (up to Thunderball). I don't think Bond should ever go back to the "jumping off cliffs in pink salapets and firing lasers out of his cufflinks" style of Bond.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I think Craig's "Bond" will stay the same.
unfortunate because he never became Bond in CR and that's not likely to change for Bond 22 :(
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I'm not sure what they'll do next. Make it more violent? Purvis and Wade don't have a Fleming novel to crib from so they might bugger it up completely. If Craig turns up in the next one cracking double-entrendres and surfing ice-glaciers I hope The Sweeney and co are suitably outraged :shock:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

James wrote:If Craig turns up in the next one cracking double-entrendres and surfing ice-glaciers I hope The Sweeney and co are suitably outraged :shock:
Nahh that's not going to happen. They're done (for the time being) with the silly stuff. With a an actor like Daniel Craig in the role they can focus on more character based stories, instead of jokes and cgi.
And although there aren't any complete works of Fleming left to make. There are still plenty of elements of his work that could be incorporated into the films.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Captain Nash wrote:
James wrote:If Craig turns up in the next one cracking double-entrendres and surfing ice-glaciers I hope The Sweeney and co are suitably outraged :shock:
Nahh that's not going to happen. They're done (for the time being) with the silly stuff. With a an actor like Daniel Craig in the role they can focus on more character based stories, instead of jokes and cgi.
And although there aren't any complete works of Fleming left to make. There are still plenty of elements of his work that could be incorporated into the films.
True. I said on another forum they could use material from the last half of YOLT novel (Dr. Shatterhand, castle of death, Bond loses his memory, etc.) for Bond 22, and conclude with Bond 23, seeing a brainwashed Bond trying to shoot M at the beginning - using the opening from TMWTGG (in fact, most of this novel has never been used).
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Great idea The Sweeney, love that username btw :lol: .
The end of You Only Live Twice (Fleming) is hugely exciting, and then the begining of The Man With The Golden Gun (Fleming) with the assassination attempt on M is again a scene that has for some reason been overlooked for 40 plus years. So to the novel, which like most of Fleming's work is very different from the films. In some cases you would only need to change the original characters names and you could film the Fleming novel. You Only Live Twice and The Man With The Golden Gun being prime examples.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Maybe in Bond 22 Bond could use that face changing machine that North Korean man used in DAD. Then he could turn into Gerard Butler.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

carl stromberg wrote:Maybe in Bond 22 Bond could use that face changing machine that North Korean man used in DAD. Then he could turn into Gerard Butler.
I wonder how much some of the members here really enjoy Bond at times.
For me Bond is a subject that I'm very interested in. From the novels to the films and beyond. So when people trying to be humourous don't know the name of 'that North Korean man in DAD' I find it hard not to wonder, if they know what there talking about on anything to do with the subject of James Bond.
No offence carl, but that was a pretty lame swipe at Craig.
I know you can do better than that. :P
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

Not radical at all -Bond 22 is going to follow CR closely. Which for me is a shame, DC has potential but cant live up to it unless he actual becomes Bond. Following CR will kill this. :(
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Harvey Wallbanger wrote:Not radical at all -Bond 22 is going to follow CR closely. Which for me is a shame, DC has potential but cant live up to it unless he actual becomes Bond. Following CR will kill this. :(
Well I think that's what part of Craigs character arc will be.That over the course of his films he becomes Bond. So we can see how he is the way he is. It's a good idea if you give it a chance.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Sorry Harvey

Post by Blowfeld »

:oops: :( Sorry Harv. I accidentally deleted your post and my response. :oops:
I Thought it was possible to restore posts, it's not. My Bad. Please post it again.

Truly sorry, a humbly repentant Blowfeld
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Sorry Harvey

Blowfeld wrote::oops: :( Sorry Harv. I accidentally deleted your post and my response. :oops:
I Thought it was possible to restore posts, it's not. My Bad. Please post it again.

Truly sorry, a humbly repentant Blowfeld
You killed my post! You Bas***d!
:?
I'll post again -if I can remember it.
Make them serious nudes!

Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Captain Nash wrote:
Harvey Wallbanger wrote:Not radical at all -Bond 22 is going to follow CR closely. Which for me is a shame, DC has potential but cant live up to it unless he actual becomes Bond. Following CR will kill this. :(
Well I think that's what part of Craigs character arc will be.That over the [course of his films he becomes Bond. So we can see how he is the way he is. It's a good idea if you give it a chance.
To me a 3 story arc to get to being Bond will become more and more painful. Reboot the reboot and skip the character study -not really suited to Bond any-how. -give him a decent story and a chance to actually be Bond.

Bond remade in the image of -Bourne-Batman-24 was a new idea in 2004-5 –but is getting old now.

close as i can remember it. Now if the guy from the ministry of Offence -you know the one with white cat hair all over his suit can leave it be. ;) Not mad at ya blofeld – takes a big bald man to admit a mistake :)
Make them serious nudes!

Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Before some one shoots this down it's just for fun.

They could go really radical and have a new face/new actor explaining it since Bond's/Craig's face was seen on the news because of the Africa embassy thing, his use as an agent was damaged and he had to change his face to remain in the service. ;)