Blofeld: A McClory rights Bond film?

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Blofeld: A McClory rights Bond film?

Post by carl stromberg »

Apparently, someone called Tom O'Casey has Kevin McClory's Bond rights (whatever they are!) and plans to make a Blofeld film called "Blofeld" next year. He wants to have James Bond in it. I can't find any good links, but it was discussed on CommanderBond. Maybe someone else has some info or some links.

It would be nice if someone made some sort of Bond film as Barbara will insist on yet another awful Craig Bond outing.
Bring back Bond!
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Re: Blofeld: A McClory rights Bond film?

Post by 007 »

By 21st Century Artists Film Corporation and B. A. Wise Consulting Services, 10-20-2008

TOM O'CASEY WILL PRODUCE 'BLOFELD' IN 2010. JAMES BOND PRODUCERS FACE A SECOND CHALLENGE BASED UPON McCLORY’S SCRIPTS.

Tom O’Casey, the ever elusive 'high fashion accessories designer and manufacturer,' says he will produce “BLOFELD," based upon the screenplay and screen treatments created by the late Irish producer, 'Kevin McClory' sometime next year for a 2010 release by one of Hollywood’s oldest and greatest studios. It is rumored that both 'Paramount' and 'Universal' may be involved, but no word out, just yet, from O’Casey, who first saw the original treatments by 'Kevin McClory, British screen writer, 'Jack Whittingham' and James Bond 007 creator, Ian Fleming, early last year, while visiting Amsterdam.

These same treatments became the basis for the James Bond 007 films, “Thunderball” and “Never Say Never Again," both of which starred Sean Connery in the signature role he made famous.

In 1998, Kevin McClory, in association with 'Sony Pictures,' attempted a second series of James Bond films outside of the 'Official' series produced by 'Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer' and Danjaq, LLC, a company owned by the family of the late 'Albert R. “Cubby” Broccoli. Broccoli’s daughter, Barbara and stepson, Michael Wilson are the producers of the forthcoming 007 film, “Quantum of Solace," which will star Daniel Craig in his second outing as the secret agent with the license to kill. That film is being released through 'Sony Pictures,' in association with MGM.

Tom O’Casey plans to 'pick-up' where Kevin McClory left off. In 1999, a Court Ruling in Los Angeles prevented producer 'McClory' from making any more James Bond films.

It was widely believed McClory had lost all rights to use the characters 'James Bond 007, Moneypenny, Felix Leiter, M, etc.,' but according to the confident O’Casey, “These rights are still available to me and they will be enforced in the United States and the rest of the world. I am not afraid of the legal consequences that might be incurred from the Broccoli family and Sony Pictures."

O’Casey states, “Kevin McClory never signed off on James Bond and his rights to any court. Even the producers of the official Bond series stated in 2004 that McClory 'might have the right to produce a James Bond film in Australia ,' with their belief it could not be released in the United States market."

Tom O’Casey says he is looking at the resumes of more than 100 actors, who might become his James Bond 007. “I would be delighted to use 'Colin Farrel as 007,' but would prefer a total unknown, just as 'Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli' did with Connery back in 1962. I want a rugged Bond — a harking back to when Connery bent a poker around his assailant’s neck in 'Thunderball.' That was great. Sean Connery will always be Bond to me."/ The O’Casey agenda includes 'a four picture deal,' which still remains to be signed, though; at least two major studios say they are ready to commit $250,000,000 to O’Casey films. O’Casey plans to film, 'BLOFELD,' (2.) 'WARHEAD,' (3.) 'SPECTRE' (4.) 'JAMES BOND OF THE SECRET SERVICE,' back to back in such diverse locations as the ' Bahamas , Bermuda , Jamaica , Hawaii and Japan .'

“I wasn’t crazy about 'Never Say Never Again,'" O’Casey said Tuesday. “It suffered from a terrible jazz score by Michel LeGrand and the direction was abysmal. BLOFELD will be a rich blend of Technicolor imagination, a wonderful relationship between Bond and Moneypenny — -a harking back to the early days of Sean Connery and Lois Maxwell in 'Dr. No' and 'From Russia, with Love.' "

O’Casey also says he is toying with the idea of casting one of the former Bonds in the title role. “It won’t be Sean," O’Casey said, “he’s retired and perfectly happy to remain that way."

No word from the producers of the 'Official Bond series,' yet, but Hollywood is already buzzing with the news. O’Casey is currently in London .

For more ‘O’Casey’ and “JAMES BOND” information visit: http://rottentomatoes.com/vine/j/bawiseconsulting
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

Ugh. They just can't let Blofeld stay gone, can they :|
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

I found a photo of the man who now holds the rights.

"Hookers or coke? Hookers or coke?"

A Non-Eon Bond film is never going to happen. Mark my words.
katied

Post by katied »

A Non-Eon Bond film is never going to happen. Mark my words.
Yup. Add to that, most fans are over the whole Blofeld thing..I can picture the reaction to the movie if they do the old-school Blofeld :P
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

007 wrote:By 21st Century Artists Film Corporation and B. A. Wise Consulting Services, 10-20-2008

TOM O'CASEY WILL PRODUCE 'BLOFELD' IN 2010. JAMES BOND PRODUCERS FACE A SECOND CHALLENGE BASED UPON McCLORY’S SCRIPTS.

Tom O’Casey, the ever elusive 'high fashion accessories designer and manufacturer,' says he will produce “BLOFELD," based upon the screenplay and screen treatments created by the late Irish producer, 'Kevin McClory' sometime next year for a 2010 release by one of Hollywood’s oldest and greatest studios. It is rumored that both 'Paramount' and 'Universal' may be involved, but no word out, just yet, from O’Casey, who first saw the original treatments by 'Kevin McClory, British screen writer, 'Jack Whittingham' and James Bond 007 creator, Ian Fleming, early last year, while visiting Amsterdam.

These same treatments became the basis for the James Bond 007 films, “Thunderball” and “Never Say Never Again," both of which starred Sean Connery in the signature role he made famous.

In 1998, Kevin McClory, in association with 'Sony Pictures,' attempted a second series of James Bond films outside of the 'Official' series produced by 'Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer' and Danjaq, LLC, a company owned by the family of the late 'Albert R. “Cubby” Broccoli. Broccoli’s daughter, Barbara and stepson, Michael Wilson are the producers of the forthcoming 007 film, “Quantum of Solace," which will star Daniel Craig in his second outing as the secret agent with the license to kill. That film is being released through 'Sony Pictures,' in association with MGM.

Tom O’Casey plans to 'pick-up' where Kevin McClory left off. In 1999, a Court Ruling in Los Angeles prevented producer 'McClory' from making any more James Bond films.

It was widely believed McClory had lost all rights to use the characters 'James Bond 007, Moneypenny, Felix Leiter, M, etc.,' but according to the confident O’Casey, “These rights are still available to me and they will be enforced in the United States and the rest of the world. I am not afraid of the legal consequences that might be incurred from the Broccoli family and Sony Pictures."

O’Casey states, “Kevin McClory never signed off on James Bond and his rights to any court. Even the producers of the official Bond series stated in 2004 that McClory 'might have the right to produce a James Bond film in Australia ,' with their belief it could not be released in the United States market."

Tom O’Casey says he is looking at the resumes of more than 100 actors, who might become his James Bond 007. “I would be delighted to use 'Colin Farrel as 007,' but would prefer a total unknown, just as 'Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli' did with Connery back in 1962. I want a rugged Bond — a harking back to when Connery bent a poker around his assailant’s neck in 'Thunderball.' That was great. Sean Connery will always be Bond to me."/ The O’Casey agenda includes 'a four picture deal,' which still remains to be signed, though; at least two major studios say they are ready to commit $250,000,000 to O’Casey films. O’Casey plans to film, 'BLOFELD,' (2.) 'WARHEAD,' (3.) 'SPECTRE' (4.) 'JAMES BOND OF THE SECRET SERVICE,' back to back in such diverse locations as the ' Bahamas , Bermuda , Jamaica , Hawaii and Japan .'

“I wasn’t crazy about 'Never Say Never Again,'" O’Casey said Tuesday. “It suffered from a terrible jazz score by Michel LeGrand and the direction was abysmal. BLOFELD will be a rich blend of Technicolor imagination, a wonderful relationship between Bond and Moneypenny — -a harking back to the early days of Sean Connery and Lois Maxwell in 'Dr. No' and 'From Russia, with Love.' "

O’Casey also says he is toying with the idea of casting one of the former Bonds in the title role. “It won’t be Sean," O’Casey said, “he’s retired and perfectly happy to remain that way."

No word from the producers of the 'Official Bond series,' yet, but Hollywood is already buzzing with the news. O’Casey is currently in London .

For more ‘O’Casey’ and “JAMES BOND” information visit: http://rottentomatoes.com/vine/j/bawiseconsulting
It's all a bit of fun and - as 007 and Carl probably know - it's rather unlikely.

I would love a rebel Bond movie - after all, Eon have stopped making them. :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

Can't say I agree about a rebel Bond film but you're entitled to your opinion.

If this story is true,I don't see it doing very well,but there may be a kitsch factor for some Bond fans that are still into the stuff from the old days,
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

007 wrote:By 21st Century Artists Film Corporation and B. A. Wise Consulting Services, 10-20-2008

Maybe "James Bond will return" in 2010 after all.

250m!! :shock: d**n they are serious. That's way too much. Keep the costs down, learn from Eon's mistakes.

I wonder who bought the other unused Bond script?
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Mazer Rackham
Q
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

katied wrote:Ugh. They just can't let Blofeld stay gone, can they :|
No they can't the dug up his corpse for CR and Quark.
Mazer Rackham
Q
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Wasn't there a newer story about this?
katied

Post by katied »

The Blofeld thing is so tired..I mean, y'all know my feelings about this but for some people the kitsch factor of Blofeld-especially the Blofeld of the Connery era-is too tempting :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Will there be robotic nuclear sewer sharks?
katied

Post by katied »

With "lasers" on their heads? probably :twisted:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote:Will there be robotic nuclear sewer sharks?
I certainly hope so.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Mazer wrote

250m!! d**n they are serious. That's way too much. Keep the costs down, learn from Eon's mistakes.
I think the £250 million is for four films Mazer!!!
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

I can picture people asking for their money back after sitting through an hour or so(or less!)of this.

Four fillms?I would think if the first one wasn't successful that would tell them something(like that they need to quit :wink:)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

If this ever happen, I hope these 4 films have a gunbarrel in the beginning and a James Bond theme.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:If this ever happen, I hope these 4 films have a gunbarrel in the beginning and a James Bond theme.
They won't, for the same reason NSNA didn't. EON owns the rights to those.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'd like to see the robotic sharks too. That concept was outdone by Eon who included a robotic James Bond in Quantum of Solace....
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I'd like to see the robotic sharks too.
Same here.