Daniel Craig in drag

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Re: Daniel Craig in drag

Post by Alessandra »

stockslivevan wrote:
Alessandra wrote:He already did that... when he emerged in that light blue horrible swimming attire in CR. Remember how he became a gay icon for that?
How did he become a gay icon from that? From what I recall most of the responses he got from that were heterosexual females. I should know, my mom happened to be one of them hooting for Craig in those trunks.
You weren't familiar with the fact a lot of gay sites and gay people made positive comments about that image? Craig even got furious with a gay reporter paying him compliments at the BAFTAs, and that was widely reported. I thought it was common knowledge. I haven't seen many comments on that from heterosexual women, but there again I can safely say not a single girlfriend of mine would take a second look at Craig, so I guess experiences differ based on different people.
And if they want to show empathy for the female audience there's only one thing to do: get rid of Craig and give us HENRY CAVILL shirtless at the beach for heaven's sakes!!
So, it's only good if Cavill does it? Cavill fangirl to the end I see. :P :wink: Nothing wrong with that.
That comment I made was just a joke seen as it was about showing empathy for the female audience. ;)

And, I didn't say to do the same scene with blue trunks, I just said to put Cavill shirtless at the beach. He can be fighting a villain shirtless, he can be running to keep shape in the morning while perusing the surroundings for his mission, or he can be checking out the villain who has a ship at sea while using binoculars. I wouldn't want Cavill to do the same scene as Craig at all, least of all with those horrid and completely out of fashion trunks. It was stupid, and just cheap titillation.
Besides, Daniel Craig isn't the first to emerge from the beach in blue swim trunks. That was first mastered by the ultimate Bond himself.

That wasn't the same type of scene at all, and the blue trunks (indigo blue, not that horrid baby blue Craig had) Connery has are fine and stylish for the times they were filming. Craig's ones, not really. Color was wrong, shape was wrong. Bond is supposed to be a CLASSY, stylish man who dresses accordingly. Those baby blue swimming trunks would only be worn by Chavs who oil themselves up before going to the beach to show off their nandrolone-filled gym muscles (for those not familiar with nandrolone, it's an anabolic steroid that helps increase muscle mass... sadly familiar with it being a sports reporter). Bond would never wear them. They had to be navy or black first off, and they had to be a bit longer and not nearly as tight. Basically, the shape of the short version Sundek makes for swimming trunks. Without, obviously, the Sundek rainbow on the back. But that shape and as I said, navy or black. No light blue.Then again, Connery's scene wasn't meant to be just a shot for the hell of it to show him shirtless. While Craig's scene was meant to be exactly that. It was completely pointless IMO.
"Are we on coms?"
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Thunderpussy wrote:I'll be singing that all day now, Shaken not stirred :lol:
If monty python was still going today I'd bet they'd do that :D .

I bet bond will have a few women songs now ie sometimes it's hard to be bond in drag, being a whipping boy to bab brocoli, or man bond feels like a women, or watch out bond will hit you with his manpurse.

Bond jane bond: : license to drag.

Here's a good comparison to craigette

Image (Woody Harrleson in anger management) :lol:
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

John Drake wrote:I think putting Daniel Craig in drag if anything detracted from the message they were trying to send. People are not speaking about the plight of women in society but instead debating whether or not it was wise to use Crag in that rather humiliating fashion. I don't take DC seriously as Bond at all but if I did it would be a lot more difficult to do so after the terrifying sight of him in that frock.
Completely agree, and it's basically what I said in the comment to the deadline.com story. They COULD have sent out a message of equality for men and women, but that had to be done WITHOUT any drag being involved. The drag made everything look silly and superficial. Not to mention of course everyone is talking about THAT, and not giving one d**n more about equality issues.
Well he doesn't have to be shirtless, but give us Cavill over Craig.
Absolutely. Mine was just and only a joke, I don't need Cavill to be shirtless at the beach as Bond at all (there are love scenes for that :lol:). But I sure as hell need him to be Bond, in order to see the franchise finallt go where it was MEANT to go back when CR was done (script was written for Cavill, NOT for Craig, and Campbell wanted him). I need to finally see someone who looks and behaves as Bond portray Bond, and that man is Henry Cavill.
Cavill is Superman and Craig is being forced to dress as a woman so he had the last laugh. I don't know why Mulli, but I have a strange feeling we've met somewhere before.
The irony of the situation is not lost on me. Especially given I've dealt with some Craig fans (clearly grasping at straws) saying Cavill wasn't "masculine" enough to be Bond (excuse me while I laugh relentlessly).
"Are we on coms?"
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Surprised nobody has compared his shoe lift "scandal" to his high heel scandal.
............ :007:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Cavill "Not Masculine enough " Alessandra, I can see what you mean about Craig fans. Theres an old saying about "None so Blind, as will not see ". I've stopped arguing with Craig fans as it's pointless.They've invested so much in this saviour of the series that they can't back down now and admitt what the rest of us have been saying for years. The Guy's not Bond. in any way, shape or form. Infact after this latest ad he's basily an Embarresemnt a visual analogy of "Who's strangling the cat "
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Here's another song that can be applied to craigs bond now after that ad or :lol: & ofc but without the bond lyrics.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

"You have to be a real man, to wear tights" :lol:
In Bond 23 "Poperty of a Lady-Boy " as Bond leaves M's office he utter the imortal lie "Are my seams straight " :)
shaken not stirred
Agent

Thunderpussy wrote:"You have to be a real man, to wear tights" :lol:
In Bond 23 "Poperty of a Lady-Boy " as Bond leaves M's office he utter the imortal lie "Are my seams straight " :)
Bond: Just an honest answer m
M: Yes bond
Bond:.....Does My bum look big in this
audience:...wtf (cheesy incidental music plays)
Bond: the names bond...jane bond (bond giggles and hits a bad guy with his manpurse, another bad guy tries to take bonds bag, bond hits him)..that's property of a lady.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

"OH, you are awful " :lol: Old Comedian Dick Emery's catchphrase or even "OH Matron " will be used in the next outing for Craig. As for the Property of a lady, I think they might of once been as Blackadder would of said " The soft dangley collection of objects you keep in your Trousers 007, Give them to me I'll keep them in my Handbag." smiles Babs, then to partially quote Blofeld she adds. " I'll tell you where to use them, I will tell you when to use them and I will tell you How "
Does anyone know if Craigs a big Little Britain Fan :lol:
shaken not stirred
Agent

Thunderpussy wrote: Does anyone know if Craigs a big Little Britain Fan :lol:
Ofc he's a laydy :mrgreen: .
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

If the call Bond 23 Property of a Lady all bets are off.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

oscartheman wrote:If the call Bond 23 Property of a Lady all bets are off.
The Property of a Ladyboy sounds better. If not, just call it Ladyboy.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I think Bond in Drag is just to soften us up for the really bad news, a female Bond for #24. I can see the heading " Mylie Cyrus is Jane Bond in, I'd kill for those Jimmy Choo's " :lol:
Kokopelli
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Spy Who Loved Me, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, The World Is Not Enough, You Only Live Twice
Favorite Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, The Hunt for Red October, Die Hard Movies, Harry Potter Movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Kingdom of Heaven, Elizabeth & Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Post by Kokopelli »

I thought James Bond disguising himself as a clown was a low point. At least they didn't call David Arnold in score this.
"Crooked is the back of fate."
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

Why the surprise? -We all knew she had leftest leanings-it comes out in he movies -she sent Bill O'reilly email complaining about his questioning of Cindy Sheehan. Putting James Bond that "sexist, misogynist dinosaur" in a dress is just the beginning for her - she really does hat all James Bond is if only because of her politics.
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:42 am
Brocolli went after O'Reilly about Cindy Sheehan? Interesting. As soon as Bush left office the liberal media turned against her protesting the Oh-bama, and that leftist moron Charley Gibson on ABC news told her to 'give it a rest' once Oh-bama was elected. The more I find out about this woman the more I resent her and the more I want her out of Eon. You can now put her head on the body of a skunk. I would not insult the centaur I once thought of. Is MGW like this as well? I think this guy is a pushover to his kid sist
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Blowfeld » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 pm
It has gone viral now do any of you think it might be a problem for Bond 23 with Craig?
The usual reaction to this PSA is negative. Will average blokes and ladies be inclined to go the next movie after seeing this humiliation. I really think this is one of the worst missteps in the history of the series, severely damaging the image of Bond and now it is being spread everywhere and will remain in forum, blogs and other online venues for the foreseeable future. I had hoped it would die away quietly.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:50 pm
Let Jackman do double time with 2 films at once until Cavill is done with Superman.
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

Bond77 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 pm
bjmdds wrote:bjmdds » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:42 am
Brocolli went after O'Reilly about Cindy Sheehan? Interesting. As soon as Bush left office the liberal media turned against her protesting the Oh-bama, and that leftist moron Charley Gibson on ABC news told her to 'give it a rest' once Oh-bama was elected. The more I find out about this woman the more I resent her and the more I want her out of Eon. You can now put her head on the body of a skunk. I would not insult the centaur I once thought of. Is MGW like this as well? I think this guy is a pushover to his kid sist
My goodness, is this true? I'm led to believe it. Just watching what has been done to James Bond the past few years is evidence enough. Quantum of Solace was a big piece of...evidence (almost went somewhere else with that) that Broccoli is now using James Bond for her political activism. Obviously, the PSA is the most obvious piece of...evidence.

I wish Broccoli would take my advice. She should make Bond films like her father did and make a boat load of money. Then she could use that money and make all the films she wanted, between Bond films, promoting her post-materialist views. Combining her views with James Bond has only led to a disastrous product.

She won't do this though. She's allegedly too busy pestering Bill O'Reilly. :roll:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

by Alessandra » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 am
Well O'Reilly is a complete jackass (and I'm being kind) so in that sense I can't blame Broccoli. I blame her because she is a public figure and a businesswoman (uh, yeah I know, I'm just being generous) and she shouldn't mix up whatever her political feelings or views are with doing her effing job. I am a liberal but I don't want artsy Bond movies and I don't go watch artsy movies for the sake of it. And I also detest extremists, no matter what side they are on. I've always loved Bond for what he is, womanizing included, and I always will. Being liberal does NOT equal hating a well-made, entertaining, witty, fast-paced action movie, it does not equal not valuing what class, education and style and it most certainly does not equal destroying the work of your father. The problem with Broccoli aren't her political views per se (though she is an extremist and I detest that) it's the fact she is a spoiled bratt with very little intelligence. NO matter what political side she is on, that is what causes the problem.

This Craig in drag thing is the result of her stupidity and her total lack of self-confidence. Self-confident women don't need to resort to this low type of trick to make a stance. Woman doesn't know what class and subtlety are, and it shows in the choices she makes for Bond as well. Starting from picking her totally inadequate crush to play Bond. It's such an insulting attitude for women in general, too. I better stop, this really makes me furious. :evil: