Blofeld: A McClory rights Bond film?

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Re: Blofeld: A McClory rights Bond film?

Post by 007 »

Connery's fight with the great Pat Roach in the health club is good fun.

"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
HeavenBoy
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love, Diamonds Are Forever
Favorite Movies: The Freshman

Post by HeavenBoy »

Although I grew up on the Roger Moore films and loved the Rog as Bond, I always treasured the first five Connery films as classics. I also enjoyed DAF, simply because it was a fun film, if not the best Bond movie.

When NSNA came out, I saw it along with Octopussy that year. While I enjoyed both, I have to admit there was something refreshing about the different angle taken with Bond and the other characters from Thunderball. Connery was good as always, and I thought Klaus Maria Brandauer was a credible Bond villain, along with Maria Carrera.

If they succeed in creating an alternative Bond series--and God knows we need won after two horrible films--I will look forward to them with anticipation.

Perhaps they could lure John Barry out of retirement to write some new Bond music, maybe a new underlying theme.

Cast:

Bond - If not an unknown, then Gerard Butler or Hugh Jackman
M - Time for an old fashioned M back in the Universal Exports office. How about Derek Jacobi?
Q - Michael Palin
Moneypenny - Unknown
Well, one of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

HeavenBoy wrote:Perhaps they could lure John Barry out of retirement to write some new Bond music, maybe a new underlying theme.
What about Michael Giacchino?
katied

Post by katied »

In lieu of Hugh(it rhymes!)appearing in a offcially sanctioned Bond film, that gets a :up: from me.

When the time comes to pick a new Bond, it'll be more about lust on Babs Broccoli's part than actual looks :mrgreen:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:
In lieu of Hugh(it rhymes!)appearing in a offcially sanctioned Bond film, that gets a :up: from me.

When the time comes to pick a new Bond, it'll be more about lust on Babs Broccoli's part than actual looks :mrgreen:
The worrying part is that you believe that.
:lol:
Though do you have any proof of that? Apart from some done to death photos that a few of you cling to in a vain attempt to use as your disapproval of Craig.
You're basing your claim on your opinion, not on fact. Making it...irrelevant.
katied

Post by katied »

Hugh won't ever appear in a sanctioned Bond film(sorry, BJ but it's true :wink: ) but he'd do fine in an unofficial Bond film. Who knows,if he does a good job at the Oscars his phone may be ringing off the hook 8)

Hugh won't get hired as long as the (elder) Broccowilsons are running the (official) show. Babs Broccoli's way of thinking is that ugly-attractive sells movie tickets.How much more out of touch can you get? :roll:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

So you can cast the role of Bond based on your ability to host the Oscars?
That's what you're saying right?
Forgive me but what is ugly-attractive?
Makes no sense I'm afraid sweetheart.
But the Craig Bond films do sell well. Very well, you can find out about that easily by looking at box office mojo.
I'm willing to bet that you think you could do a better job than Eon though katied, so why don't we make a new thread about it?
http://www.danielcraigisnotbond.com/for ... f=1&t=1701
Last edited by Captain Nash on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
katied

Post by katied »

Babs Broccoli is making EON/the Bond franchise look bad(as is her brother, by extension). If they let that unofficial movie be made(if this is true,and not, in fact, a goof) it will make them look really bad(not that their reputation isn't tarnished already, given what they did with QOS :?)

But I suspect common sense will reign and Hugh Jackman will never have a chance to be an unofficial Bond.I can live with that.Hell, I'm not even that big of a fan,but I'm warming to him.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

FormerBondFan wrote:
HeavenBoy wrote:Perhaps they could lure John Barry out of retirement to write some new Bond music, maybe a new underlying theme.
Strangely enough, the music played during the plane trip in the latest Lost episode was very Barryesque.
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

HeavenBoy wrote:Although I grew up on the Roger Moore films and loved the Rog as Bond, I always treasured the first five Connery films as classics. I also enjoyed DAF, simply because it was a fun film, if not the best Bond movie.

When NSNA came out, I saw it along with Octopussy that year. While I enjoyed both, I have to admit there was something refreshing about the different angle taken with Bond and the other characters from Thunderball. Connery was good as always, and I thought Klaus Maria Brandauer was a credible Bond villain, along with Maria Carrera.

If they succeed in creating an alternative Bond series--and God knows we need won after two horrible films--I will look forward to them with anticipation.

Perhaps they could lure John Barry out of retirement to write some new Bond music, maybe a new underlying theme.

Cast:

M - Time for an old fashioned M back in the Universal Exports office. How about Derek Jacobi?
Q - Michael Palin
Moneypenny - Unknown
I wonder if John Barry would be interested? Maybe if he was friendly with the producers.

Michael Palin as Q! He could be like the parrot shop owner.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

People here know my feeling about Q reuturning.Put Palin in the role though( *and* it would be the second time one of the Pythons has played Q-or something/someone approximating him 8) )
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Strangely enough, the music played during the plane trip in the latest Lost episode was very Barryesque.
Have you heard his score for The Incredibles? Barry was supposed to score the film, but dropped out, so Giacchino stepped in and his score sounds more like John Barry than John Barry does.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

007 wrote:Connery's fight with the great Pat Roach in the health club is good fun.

Too bad it sucked.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

I never understood the Michael Giacchino-for-Bond thing. He's basically David Arnold, Part II. Nothing original, just riffing instead of taking charge.

Personally, I'd like to see Jonny Greenwood tackle Bond. His score for There Will Be Blood is about the freshest work I've heard in film since God knows when.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

stockslivevan wrote:
007 wrote:Connery's fight with the great Pat Roach in the health club is good fun.

Too bad it sucked.
You miserable git! Attacking the great Pat Roach should be a banning offence. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote: Have you heard his score for The Incredibles? Barry was supposed to score the film, but dropped out, so Giacchino stepped in and his score sounds more like John Barry than John Barry does.
I'll have a listen!
Bring back Bond!
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

carl stromberg wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:

Too bad it sucked.
You miserable git! Attacking the great Pat Roach should be a banning offence. :wink:
The ironic thing about that scene now is that it features Daniel Craig lookalike Derek Deadman.

"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
HeavenBoy
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love, Diamonds Are Forever
Favorite Movies: The Freshman

Post by HeavenBoy »

I didn't know that Barry was originally set to score the Incredibles, but I totally agree that the film's score was very much in his style, and would have been great for a Bond film.
Well, one of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

HeavenBoy wrote:I didn't know that Barry was originally set to score the Incredibles, but I totally agree that the film's score was very much in his style, and would have been great for a Bond film.
The whole film was basically a Bond movie in superhero drag.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

carl stromberg wrote: You miserable git! Attacking the great Pat Roach should be a banning offence. :wink:
I had to speak the truth. :wink: Raiders was Roach's only good bit in anything.