Ian Fleming International Airport

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Ian Fleming International Airport

Post by Kristatos »

Surprised no-one's mentioned this yet:
Jamaica has opened a new international airport named after Ian Fleming, the author of the James Bond novels, who wrote his tales of espionage and intrigue while living on the Caribbean island.
More at: http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE70D63A20110114
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Re: Ian Fleming International Airport

Post by Thunderpussy »

I hope someday to Visit Jamica and see some of the places used in the films and Goldeneye of course,Now it will be even Better arriving at "Ian Fleming Airport " :)
katied

Post by katied »

That is very cool-and a lovely way to remember him. I would love to go to Jamaica..we have plans to go on a Carribean cruise later this winter and it'd be fun to go to Jamaica, even if it was just for the day.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

That's great! What a great way of commemorating Fleming. And, Caribbean is just beautiful. Been there several times, though not to Jamaica. That's the next stop :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Maybe they'll have a mango tree outside of the airport? 8)
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:Maybe they'll have a mango tree outside of the airport? 8)
I'd love to get my picture taken at Ian Fleming International airport underneath a mango tree...if possible.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

The airport should hire a girl to take peoples photos as they leave the airport, If they haven't already.