Blofeld: A McClory rights Bond film?

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Blofeld: A McClory rights Bond film?

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:Just remaking Thunderball in various crappy ways? Thanks, but I'll pass :?
No we don't need another NSNA. It does have it moments, over all I'll pass.
All though the remixed intro by Blofield's cat was pretty cool. 8)
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

I've never seen NSNA but I have a feeling I'm not missing much :P
retrokitty
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, DN, FRWL, TB, CR
Favorite Movies: Withnail & I, Breakfast at Tiffany's

Post by retrokitty »

katied wrote:I've never seen NSNA but I have a feeling I'm not missing much :P

Unless you want to see Bond kill a man by throwing a jar of urine at him... you are not missing much.
katied

Post by katied »

Eh the thought that anyone would want to remake Bond films with the old OTT elements is just WTF to me. But some people like it. As evidenced by the bazillion threads about bringing Blofeld/Moneypenny/Q(delete as applicable) back elsewhere :P
crusading_saint
Lieutenant

Post by crusading_saint »

Unless you want to see Bond kill a man by throwing a jar of urine at him... you are not missing much.
It's not all terrible - Klaus Maria Brandauer is great, and there's some great dialogue. Fatima Blush is a lot of fun, too...
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

It has its flaws and but I think NSNA supplies more fun and entertainment than QOS.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

I'll put NSNA on my Netflix queue :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote:It has its flaws and but I think NSNA supplies more fun and entertainment than QOS.
That's not exactly setting the bar very high. Schindler's List was more fun than QOS.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

This is an actual photgraph of a cinema audience enjoying Quantum of Solace.

stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Can't say I'm a fan of NSNA. I thought it was very boring. It was actually my very first Bond film before TND, and like that film, it didn't get me interested in Bond in any way.
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

James wrote:It has its flaws and but I think NSNA supplies more fun and entertainment than QOS.
I haven't seen QOS. But I can definitely say that NSNA is much more of a true Bond film than CR, IMO.

It certainly doesn't rank up there with most of the other Bond films, but it's still worth-while IMO. I've watched it at least ten times over the years, and will still watch it again in the future.

I watched CR once, and will probably never watch it ever again.
katied

Post by katied »

CR's watchability..I've said this before,but I've watched it so infrequently since it came out on video that I can count it on my fingers.It says something that a "unofficial" Bond film like NSNA is more worth watching than the most recent Bond films :shock:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Never Say Never Again doesn't seem like such an oddity in the Bond universe after the last two paradigm shift grubby nutcase Bond entries.

The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:CR's watchability..I've said this before,but I've watched it so infrequently since it came out on video that I can count it on my fingers.It says something that a "unofficial" Bond film like NSNA is more worth watching than the most recent Bond films :shock:
CR's watchability....do me a favour. Is this the film you saw 11 times at the cinema, and you say it has no re-watchability factor???

To be honest, if I saw CR 11 times at the cinema, I doubt I would fancy watching it that many times again on DVD either..... :wink:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
I haven't seen QOS. But I can definitely say that NSNA is much more of a true Bond film than CR, IMO.

It certainly doesn't rank up there with most of the other Bond films, but it's still worth-while IMO. I've watched it at least ten times over the years, and will still watch it again in the future.

I watched CR once, and will probably never watch it ever again.
Maybe 2006 is where the Bond franchise ends for you then. Sorry to see you go.....
katied

Post by katied »

It doesn't translate well to a smaller screen...I don't have a huge TV to enjoy watching it on(which would be the ideal way to watch it but I like the TV I have *shrug*) That, and the runing time(though you'd think it would be easier to watch on DVD since you can actually take bathroom breaks, gets something to eat, et. when you like :up: )
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

James wrote:Never Say Never Again doesn't seem like such an oddity in the Bond universe after the last two paradigm shift grubby nutcase Bond entries.

I doubt that anyone here will care but NSNA is coming out on blu-ray (HD) around when Qaurk hits the stores.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

retrokitty wrote:
katied wrote:I've never seen NSNA but I have a feeling I'm not missing much :P

lol
So not all that different to todays Bourne-Toady-Bond except the jar is thrown at the audience ;)
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

So not all that different to todays Bourne-Toady-Bond except the jar is thrown at the audience ;)
Ouch. Bad Bourne copy or the real thing-it's six of one half a dozen of another! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Mazer Rackham wrote:
James wrote:Never Say Never Again doesn't seem like such an oddity in the Bond universe after the last two paradigm shift grubby nutcase Bond entries.

I doubt that anyone here will care but NSNA is coming out on blu-ray (HD) around when Qaurk hits the stores.
I rather like Never Say Never Again and regard it as a part of the Bond series. It's a bonus Bond movie and does not offend me. The - as James said - "two paradigm shift grubby nutcase Bond entries" are much more offensive as they have stopped real Bond movies from being made.