What if YOU met Babs or MGW?

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

What if YOU met Babs or MGW?

Post by bjamesobrad »

Curious to know what you all would say to Babs or MGW if you met them??? Honesty please.

I don't think I would flat out tell the what for but I would start by politely asking why they are doing what they are doing. They are human too after all and I wouldn't want to make them cry... Unless they stared out by being pricks.

Again I'd appreciate honest answers. :007: :cheers: :007:
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: What if YOU met Babs or MGW?

Post by Kristatos »

bjamesobrad wrote:Curious to know what you all would say to Babs or MGW if you met them??? Honesty please.

I don't think I would flat out tell the what for but I would start by politely asking why they are doing what they are doing. They are human too after all and I wouldn't want to make them cry... Unless they stared out by being pricks.

Again I'd appreciate honest answers. :007: :cheers: :007:

I'd be too polite to say anything. I'd probably just make small talk.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I already met Babs, check out what's written in my location bar.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I would ask them why they hate classic Bond so much.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

"being businessman or businesswoman means you HAVE to be evil moneymaker, and see what kind of formula will earn you the money you want, you HAVE to be greedy, with that. And well, in my case, I prefer evil feminism to be included in my line of work".

Babs' own words.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'd strangle them too. :twisted: Only joking!

If I met them at a function they would not say much and it would be tedious. It would be more interesting if you knew them personally and then you could get their real views on the Bond film series. Maybe we need to bug their houses.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:"being businessman or businesswoman means you HAVE to be evil moneymaker, and see what kind of formula will earn you the money you want, you HAVE to be greedy, with that. And well, in my case, I prefer evil feminism to be included in my line of work".

Babs' own words.

Really? She described herself as evil? I'd be interested in seeing a source for that quote.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

I wouldn't give either of them the time of day, Babs especially. One of the main reasons they/she seem to be warping these current "Bond" films into such pretentious bull$#!+ is to get attention for being so "brilliant" and "artistic", and I don't want to give them/her the satisfaction of succeeding in getting any of MINE. I'd sooner hire a medium to contact Terrence Young, Peter Hunt, Richard Maibaum and Cubby himself to get their insights on how they feel about what the legacy they built up has degenerated into; and I don't even believe in that mumbo-jumbo. :skull:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I've been in this situation once.

When I was a teen I was coming back form visiting my grandparents stuck at the Atlanta airport waiting for the next flight I got caught up in a crowd pushed along until I was shaking hand with former President Jimmy Carter.
I hate Carter personally think he was a horrible president but I was polite and took the hand he offered. Nobody in the airport was rude, I know a lot of people in the south hate him even though was a southerner .

So like Indian Jone and the Last Crusade I was face to face with the one person I didn't want to be :mrgreen:

If I were to meet the people running EON I be polite, if I could gather the courage I'd say I like you classic stuff better, I doubt I would say it.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

They'd better hope I don't have a mixed drink or a cup of Starbuck's coffee in my hand because I would throw it at them!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Dr. No wrote:I've been in this situation once.

When I was a teen I was coming back form visiting my grandparents stuck at the Atlanta airport waiting for the next flight I got caught up in a crowd pushed along until I was shaking hand with former President Jimmy Carter.
I hate Carter personally think he was a horrible president but I was polite and took the hand he offered. Nobody in the airport was rude, I know a lot of people in the south hate him even though was a southerner .

So like Indian Jone and the Last Crusade I was face to face with the one person I didn't want to be :mrgreen:

If I were to meet the people running EON I be polite, if I could gather the courage I'd say I like you classic stuff better, I doubt I would say it.
Why do you like Indy 3 more than 1?
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The first Indiana Jones for me was the best one.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Why do you like Indy 3 more than 1?
And why do you keep referring to him as Indian Jone? Is this some in-joke or something?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

kater23 wrote:They'd better hope I don't have a mixed drink or a cup of Starbuck's coffee in my hand because I would throw it at them!
A custard pie would be fun.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I'd have to adopt the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" policy.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I kind of agree with the "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all" sentiment..On the other hand, they've screwed up the Bond franchise SO badly. :cuss:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
And why do you keep referring to him as Indian Jone? Is this some in-joke or something?
If it is I'm not in on it. :?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I'd have to adopt the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" policy.
IMO this is what most people would do. Its fun to say I ask them why they hate Bond so much but I know I would chicken out :lol:
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Dr. No wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
And this is why I think more people on this board ought to relax, take a step back, and compose their thoughts more carefully so they don't MISSPELL what they're typing so it doesn't result in time-wasting, smart-alecky posts from those who also react too quickly to notice the obvious. I know it's a typo, and I bet a lot of other readers know it's a typo, so normally it should just be overlooked so everyone can move on. But this... is a distraction and sets a bad example. So can we please just get back the REAL Topic at hand? Please?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Barry Niven wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
And this is why I think more people on this board ought to relax, take a step back, and compose their thoughts more carefully so they don't MISSPELL what they're typing so it doesn't result in time-wasting, smart-alecky posts from those who also react too quickly to notice the obvious. I know it's a typo, and I bet a lot of other readers know it's a typo, so normally it should just be overlooked so everyone can move on. But this... is a distraction and sets a bad example. So can we please just get back the REAL Topic at hand? Please?
If it was just the once, I would have just assumed it was a typo and ignored it, but he has called him "Indian Jone" several times, so it got me wondering if there was some reference I was missing. Sometimes a commonly-made mistake becomes a sort of in-joke, like saying "hugh" instead of "huge".