Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

007 Legends

Post by CaptainLewis »

New video game is coming out. Craig's Bond has gone back the classical era (with modern gadets, of course).

OHMSS

Moonraker
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: 007 Legends

Post by Omega »

I feel like they are taking a piss on the whole series by doing this it was bad enough with GE now you name the Bonds most popular movie and guess what we make a video game out of it featuring sour faced Craig. I would have got the game if Lazenby was featured or able to pick your Bond. 50 years but apparently the only one true Bond is Craig who didn't like these movies too much any way.

A legends game should feature the Bond who's movie it is for first play through then a select your Bond mode. Makes no sense to bring up this nostalgia to piss on it. Roger Moore and Jaws, Connery and Odd Job, Brosnan and 006, Lazenby and Blofeld, Dalton and Joe Don Baker (:wink: )

I was wrong about one thing Skyfall is going to a free DLC but honestly I cant get excited for the game because it excludes the proper Bonds. It feels so wrong to have legends game without the legends but with their villains. WTF! It's an embarrassment.

I think this shows how poorly the franchise is being run its 50 years celebration and its almost like they are denying there were movies or fans of the movies before Craig in2006 Its in bad taste and bad judgment. I don't think this game will sell as well as GE multiplatform,
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent which sucked sold more than Goldeneye reloaded. Less than 1 million games sold of GE reloaded PS3, XBOX, and DS, the wii version sold 1.67 million which is low for wii, behind games like big game hunter and various fitness games bough by women.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=goldeneye
and Blood stone sucked too http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=bl ... esults=200

Lego games sell more.
............ :007:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I own GoldenEye for the Wii, and while I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the original, I was really disappointed with how much it plays like a Call Of Duty game. The Wii version sold more since there's not many shooter games to compete with, and because of the Nintendo fans who played the original Nintendo 64 GoldenEye. They never should have bothered with GoldenEye Reloaded because the Call Of Duty games are big sellers on the PS3 and especially the XBOX 360, and most people would rather play Call Of Duty than Craig Of Duty.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Rewriting history is what EON have in mind since DC took over. Back in 2005, Sean was Bond in FRWL video game. 5 years later, GE was to be updated, and I was excited until I saw DC's mug on the poster. A way to degrade Pierce even further. If they're going to do this Pierce, I guess they should do this to the others also.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:Rewriting history is what EON have in mind since DC took over. Back in 2005, Sean was Bond in FRWL video game. 5 years later, GE was to be updated, and I was excited until I saw DC's mug on the poster. A way to degrade Pierce even further. If they're going to do this Pierce, I guess they should do this to the others also.
I enjoyed the From Russia With Love game. I heard EA was planning to make a Moonraker game that would feature Roger Moore, but then Activision got the rights to make the Bond games, so it never happened. Now years later, we are getting a Bond game that will have a Moonraker mission and Daniel Craig as James Bond. It's really unfortunate. With GoldenEye, Activision should have taken the original game and simply updated the graphics, tweak some of the gameplay mechanics, and add online, instead of making a new modern version with Daniel Craig.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Remember all those posts from Craigskis after CR about how they should remake all the classic Bond films with Craig, because there is no possible downside to having the same actor stay on for 21 films? Well, it looks like this is their way of satisfying those demands.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Sad but true. The trailer for the games looks better then the one for the movie sad thing is they never let on its Craig Bond which is pathetic since it was one of Roger moore's biggest movies.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Well, for those who are interested in this game, Licence To Kill and Die Another Day have been confirmed
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I stop being interested when I found out it wouldn't be Lazenby in OHMSS.

At least they show Craig's face but it is one of the biggest insults to the franchises and actors to use their movies but take a dump on them.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The graphics in the ad look lame. Unless it was running on a Wii
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Omega wrote:The graphics in the ad look lame. Unless it was running on a Wii
As far as I know, this game will only be on the XBOX 360 and PS3, so I'm not sure why the graphics look the way they do.
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

I fear this may be Bat Credit Card bad. Here's Goldfinger, with added Craig, joy:
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

I really want to like this game, but I think I'm probably not going to bother trying it. Activision's Bond games have not been all that great, in my opinion, and 007 Legends doesn't look like it will be any different. Activision's Bond games are too scripted, and play very much like the Call Of Duty games, which I can't stand. The single player mode is pretty half-baked, because Activision focuses too much on the multiplayer mode. And why does every Bond game they make need to have Craig in it? EA made a From Russia With Love game with Sean Connery. It would have been really cool if you could play as all the Bond actors, and if they would have kept everything exactly as it was according to the specific time period of each mission, and not modernize it.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Speaking of against "changing histories", has anyone "like" this page yet?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/For-Peopl ... 0278522313
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Saint 007 wrote:I really want to like this game, but I think I'm probably not going to bother trying it. Activision's Bond games have not been all that great, in my opinion, and 007 Legends doesn't look like it will be any different. Activision's Bond games are too scripted, and play very much like the Call Of Duty games, which I can't stand. The single player mode is pretty half-baked, because Activision focuses too much on the multiplayer mode. And why does every Bond game they make need to have Craig in it? EA made a From Russia With Love game with Sean Connery. It would have been really cool if you could play as all the Bond actors, and if they would have kept everything exactly as it was according to the specific time period of each mission, and not modernize it.
If this had Lazenby as Bond in OHMSS I'd be all over it. Each Bond should be the Bond of their story period. The got away with it for GE reloaded considered a success even though it sold as poorly as bloodstone.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

A friend of mine said they've read an article about the GoldenEye remake explaining how Brosnan wasn't included in the game, because Eon said that there's only one James Bond and he's now being portrayed by Daniel Craig. So, there you go. As long as EON doesn't allow the likeness of the other Bond actors, there will no longer be anymore classic Bond games like From Russia With Love, or they'll just simply use Craig's likeness in classic Bond adventures. Pretty lame. It's bad enough that the Bond films are no longer fun to watch, and now they even ruin the Bond games too.
Last edited by The Saint 007 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Like the new GE, 007 Legends shall be microwaved. And SF shall join afterwards.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Been seeing some negative reviews and comments on the forums about 007 Legends. People are saying it's just another bland Call Of Duty Bond game. I think it's time for a different company to make the Bond games, since Activision is just making Call Of Duty games with Bond characters. This could have been the ultimate James Bond game, and they ruined it yet again. Really disappointing, since it was suppose to be a 50th anniversary tribute game.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Hmm.... 007 Legends or Assassin's Creed III? Well, i'm a Bond fan, so I will be buying AC3.

I would suggest Naughty Dog, but I would rather they concentrate on their own Uncharted series.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

If Free Radical was still around, I would suggest for them to take over the Bond games. They made the TimeSplitters games, which I personally thought were awesome, and some of their members were former Rareware employees, who worked on GoldenEye and Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64.

Well, it looks like I'm done with the Bond games for a while. Until another company gets the rights to make them, I'll just continue to avoid Activision's Craig Of Duty nonsense. Recently, I've just been playing the old Mega Man/Mega Man X games anyway. Just stick to some of the older and better Bond games, or other games that will act as a decent alternative to Bond, such as Perfect Dark.