The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:DB, in your wildest dreams did you ever think that your SIGNATURE would be the foreshadowing of the next possible director of the next Bond film?
Is anyone other than you talking about this as a serious possibility? It seems to just be one of the many unsubstantiated rumours out there. It's not on the same level as the rumours about her husband, where news outlets are running stories saying that he's as good as got the job.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Do you trust Broccoli NOT to be contemplating this? If she let her friend direct the PSA, why wouldn't she choose the actor's wife to direct the film, with all of her experience (not) as a filmmaker? Broccoli has lost her mind and in the far reaching corners of her cerebral cortex there probably IS a glimmer of thought about it, which is scary in itself.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Another move to update 007 has been revealed today, and it may have some fans so angry smoke comes out of their ears, but not into their lungs. An upcoming 4K Bluray remaster of the films will digitally remove cigarettes and cigars that were seen being smoked by James Bond. Whilst some of this will be achieved by simple cuts, AI-based digital film restoration techniques will be used to remove the offending tobacco products from the hero's mouth. Warnings will also be seen at the beginning of each film and are likely to be similar to the one used in the end credits of 1989's Licence To Kill: "As tobacco products are used in this film, the Producers wish to remind the audience that smoking can cause lung cancer, heart disease, emphysema, and may complicate pregnancy." Smoking will not be removed entirely though, for example, Largo in Thunderball and Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye will still be seen smoking cigarettes as they are on the side of villainy...........Hollywood is so worried about preaching good health by not smoking tobacco yet NY and other states have opened up many cannabis stores to propagate smoking it for tax revenues! Lunancy!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

OK, that one almost had me fooled, until I remembered the date.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The next James Bond film could be a remake featuring old school villains from the past, according to insiders who claim Euphoria actresses Sydney Sweeney and Zendaya are being bandied about as potential Bond Girls. While it has been widely reported that Taylor-Johnson, 33, has been formally offered the role of the ultra-suave British spy, sources close to the franchise have now claimed Zendaya, 27, and Sydney, 26, are among the names being considered for his on-screen love interest. Speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, an insider revealed that the franchise's executive producer Barbara Broccoli was keen to inject a young starlet to take on the iconic femme fatale role. The source also claimed that Oscar-nominated Dune director Denis Villeneuve was Barbara's top choice to helm the new film, which could potentially be a remake.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:02 pm The next James Bond film could be a remake featuring old school villains from the past, according to insiders who claim Euphoria actresses Sydney Sweeney and Zendaya are being bandied about as potential Bond Girls. While it has been widely reported that Taylor-Johnson, 33, has been formally offered the role of the ultra-suave British spy, sources close to the franchise have now claimed Zendaya, 27, and Sydney, 26, are among the names being considered for his on-screen love interest. Speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, an insider revealed that the franchise's executive producer Barbara Broccoli was keen to inject a young starlet to take on the iconic femme fatale role. The source also claimed that Oscar-nominated Dune director Denis Villeneuve was Barbara's top choice to helm the new film, which could potentially be a remake.
Then again, it's getting harder to tell the April Fools from the usual tabloid bs. This sounds like the rumours that always circulate between Bond films. Remember when Angelina Jolie was going to be the next Bond girl?
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm
bjmdds wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:02 pm The next James Bond film could be a remake featuring old school villains from the past, according to insiders who claim Euphoria actresses Sydney Sweeney and Zendaya are being bandied about as potential Bond Girls. While it has been widely reported that Taylor-Johnson, 33, has been formally offered the role of the ultra-suave British spy, sources close to the franchise have now claimed Zendaya, 27, and Sydney, 26, are among the names being considered for his on-screen love interest. Speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, an insider revealed that the franchise's executive producer Barbara Broccoli was keen to inject a young starlet to take on the iconic femme fatale role. The source also claimed that Oscar-nominated Dune director Denis Villeneuve was Barbara's top choice to helm the new film, which could potentially be a remake.
Then again, it's getting harder to tell the April Fools from the usual tabloid bs. This sounds like the rumours that always circulate between Bond films. Remember when Angelina Jolie was going to be the next Bond girl?
Precisely! In 3 months time the very same details from this article will be touted as "scoops" in some very serious, very "credible" publications (whatever those are these days), just like our friend ATJ "all but being cast as Bond."

As for the "smoking" article, it's been done before, remember when they digitally removed the guns from E.T.? This is not that far fetched.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:As for the "smoking" article, it's been done before, remember when they digitally removed the guns from E.T.? This is not that far fetched.
The best April Fools are vaguely plausible.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

4.8 earthquake hit here at 10:23am today in New Jersey. We felt it here in NYC as well. I felt slight rumbling in my bathroom for 3 seconds. No damages reported so far in the tri-state area............NEW YORK (AP) — An earthquake shook the densely populated New York City metropolitan area Friday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey said, with residents across the Northeast reporting rumbling in a region where people are unaccustomed to feeling the ground move. The agency reported a quake at 10:23 a.m. with a preliminary magnitude of 4.8, centered near Lebanon, New Jersey, or about 45 miles west of New York City and 50 miles north of Philadelphia. U.S.G.S. figures indicated that the quake might have been felt by more than 42 million people.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Now you know what people in California put up with!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to the source, a big new Bond announcement is planned with the four surviving 007 stars set to attend from George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton to Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. It’s also reported that filming on Bond 26 will commence next year for cinematic release in 2026. As for the genre, Daily Mail claims Aaron’s era will be more along the tone of Brosnan’s films, embracing a bit of fantasy and not being as real world as Craig’s movies. Additionally, Broccoli reportedly wants a return to “larger-than-life” Bond villains, perhaps even rebooting the likes of Jaws and Oddjob :!: As for Bond girls, apparently both Sydney Sweeney and Zendaya are “in the mix” too. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

You've posted this story before. I'm not holding my breath.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Unsubstantiated rumors, random actress' names pulled out of a hat, unrealistic release date (for EON anyway) and the remaining Bond actors thrown in for good measure, all this story needs is "bookies' odds" and it would have it all!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The part about the 4 remaining prior actors being there is ridiculous. Broccoli needs the past to show her future? MGW's name is NEVER referred to in these articles. He is extinct to the franchise so why bother showing up for any press conferences when little sister is running the show?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The part about the 4 remaining prior actors being there is ridiculous. Broccoli needs the past to show her future? MGW's name is NEVER referred to in these articles. He is extinct to the franchise so why bother showing up for any press conferences when little sister is running the show?
Didn't he announce his retirement a few years ago? If it's true that Brofeld was his idea, that's probably not a bad thing. Senility is a terrible affliction.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

He announced his retirement? That is news.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:He announced his retirement? That is news.
I thought he did, but don't quote me on that.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ECLIPSE day is here. I will NOT look at it---------New Yorkers in any of the five boroughs should be prepared to view the eclipse at its peak for the region at 3:25 p.m., NASA said. The phenomena will begin at 2:10 p.m., but viewers won’t begin to see the shift until around 2:51 p.m., when the moon will start to block the sun from the lower right before hitting 90% totality around 3:25 p.m. It will fully clear away by 4:36 p.m., according to NASA.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:ECLIPSE day is here. At 2:10pm it will start in NYC and end at 4:36 pm at 90% totality here. I will NOT look at it. Who knows if these special glasses people are getting by the millions have defects in them.
It's not really visible in the UK, though some places may be able to see a partial eclipse just before sunset. It's pretty overcast where I am at the moment, so I'm not hopeful.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It was no big deal here at all in NYC. No darkness, just a cloudy appearance for a while.