The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Given that women are running the show now, with MGW a vacuous waste, possibly look for a female director, a female villainess, and possibly a film titled Property Of a Lady, to complete the feminization of the lead character under Broccoli's reign, yet still use Fleming's title as proof she is true to his work, if only in her mind.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Given that women are running the show now, with MGW a vacuous waste, possibly look for a female director, a female villainess, and possibly a film titled Property Of a Lady, to complete the feminization of the lead character under Broccoli's reign, yet still use Fleming's title as proof she is true to his work, if only in her mind.
The Property of a Lady is a Fleming title. We've already had female villains in Octopussy and TWINE. As for a female director, so what? Women have been directing action movies since the 1980s.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:59 pm There probably will be some people on the Internet whining that she should have cast a POC and/or woman. But EON can and should ignore them. Those people are a tiny minority who don't even necessarily buy movie tickets.

Very true, hell just look at these idiots blubbering on about his Jewish lineage! Can EON ignore them? Absolutely, look how they ignored the fan complains over his holiness pope Daniel. Will they ignore it? That's the question, unlike the fanbase, these people have an unprecedented amount of clout in Hollywood compared to the miniscule size of their ranks and can't simply be ignored. Even though as Kris pointed out, they don't put their money where their mouths are, they do influence weak willed producers, who through fear or true belief in the cause kneel down to the decrees. Time will only tell where this ultimately ends up.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Culture clashes have become a casting issue in Hollywood. Choosing a Bond actor should be simple. Bond is white and a male. Now, religion, race, and feminism have become factored into the casting equation which is ridiculous. This obsession with inclusivity in Hollywood should have nothing to do with the casting of an established iconic fictional character that has endured for 62 years!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Very true, hell just look at these idiots blubbering on about his Jewish lineage! Can EON ignore them? Absolutely, look how they ignored the fan complains over his holiness pope Daniel. Will they ignore it? That's the question, unlike the fanbase, these people have an unprecedented amount of clout in Hollywood compared to the miniscule size of their ranks and can't simply be ignored. Even though as Kris pointed out, they don't put their money where their mouths are, they do influence weak willed producers, who through fear or true belief in the cause kneel down to the decrees. Time will only tell where this ultimately ends up.
I think you're conflating two different sets of people. The extremely online TikTok kids saying that Bond should be played by a black lesbian are not the same as the antisemites protesting about the possibility of Bond being played by a Jewish actor.

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kris, they may not ALL be one in the same, but many fit within the same Venn diagram.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bottom line they are grievance groups that want their way.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Bottom line they are grievance groups that want their way.
But different grievance groups.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

While a recent report claimed that Kraven the Hunter star Aaron Taylor-Johnson had been offered the role and would replace Daniel Craig as Bond, a source close to the situation told EW that no official offer had been made.----------Eiza González knows who should be the next James Bond: Cavill, Henry Cavill. The two actors star together in Guy Ritchie's upcoming comedic action film The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Image
"It's hard not to look at Henry Cavill and think of James Bond, to be really honest," González tells Entertainment Weekly. "Obviously, I'm part of the group of people that are rooting for him to get it hopefully, if that was a possibility."..........James Bond Day is October 5th. Will Broccoli wait until then to announce anything or sooner, if anything is really in the works?
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:24 pm While a recent report claimed that Kraven the Hunter star Aaron Taylor-Johnson had been offered the role and would replace Daniel Craig as Bond, a source close to the situation told EW that no official offer had been made.
You mean to tell me the highly dubious and sensationalized story claiming Aaron Taylor-Johnson had been "all but cast as Bond" based on nothing more than hearsay and bookies' odds was unfounded?!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I actually think that makes it less likely that his wife would direct, for the same reason that many employers try not to have couples working too closely together. You don't want employees bringing their domestic disputes into the workplace.

But this is Babs , her whole production company is one big domestic dispute . I could see it if she is buddy buddy with what his face’s wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I've already started seeing headlines, in some fairly major publications, referring to ATJ as the new Bond. Some people are going to look very foolish if they go with someone else.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

They might look foolish but in the last 4-5 years there’s been no consequence for the media getting it wrong , especially in entertainment.

This is also a result of EON being as inactive and ineffective as they are. Literally had since 2019 to plan the next step and did nothing while the media cast Idris Elba or put Christoper Nolan in the director chair for the next three installments .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

At first glance I'd say EON could do worse than going with ATJ, a lot worse. I'd have to actually see him in the role to decide for sure though. He looks a bit young at the moment but at the rate they've been making films that could turn into an advantage soon.

Like most of you I'm sure I still take these headlines with a huge mountain of salt.

My own favorite for the role, Mark Umbers is now getting a bit too old at 50, Turner's 46 and if they're ever going to have Cavill play Bond, now's the time to get on with it!
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

acid wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:44 pm At first glance I'd say EON could do worse than going with ATJ, a lot worse. I'd have to actually see him in the role to decide for sure though. He looks a bit young at the moment but at the rate they've been making films that could turn into an advantage soon.

Like most of you I'm sure I still take these headlines with a huge mountain of salt.

My own favorite for the role, Mark Umbers is now getting a bit too old at 50, Turner's 46 and if they're ever going to have Cavill play Bond, now's the time to get on with it!
Aidan Turner is 40 now.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

If Broccoli actually decided on ATJ to be the 7th 007, and she decided to cast his motherly wife as the director to check off another woke box for the franchise in 2024, that might be a bit much and will evoke criticism for sure.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:07 pm
bjmdds wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:24 pm While a recent report claimed that Kraven the Hunter star Aaron Taylor-Johnson had been offered the role and would replace Daniel Craig as Bond, a source close to the situation told EW that no official offer had been made.
You mean to tell me the highly dubious and sensationalized story claiming Aaron Taylor-Johnson had been "all but cast as Bond" based on nothing more than hearsay and bookies' odds was unfounded?!
DB, in your wildest dreams did you ever think that your SIGNATURE would be the foreshadowing of the next possible director of the next Bond film? :!: Directed by acclaimed 'Nowhere Boy' director/conceptual artist Sam Taylor-Wood, scripted by Jane Goldman ('Kick Ass') and featuring the voice of Dame Judi Dench reprising her role as 'M', the film will be screened in cinemas and streamed online in a bid to highlight the levels of inequality that persist between men and women in the UK and worldwide. It is the first film featuring Bond to be directed by a woman.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:40 pm
acid wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:44 pm At first glance I'd say EON could do worse than going with ATJ, a lot worse. I'd have to actually see him in the role to decide for sure though. He looks a bit young at the moment but at the rate they've been making films that could turn into an advantage soon.

Aidan Turner is 40 now.
My mistake, BJ. In my haste getting his age off wikipedia, I failed to notice there are in fact two of them, Aiden with an 'e' and Aidan with an 'a'! Crazy! :?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

That's OK Acid. At age 40 he has over a decade to be Bond but Broccoli won't choose him. Actually, I never heard of the "E" version of Turner, but at 46, he would be better than ATJ as well! Image
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:19 am That's OK Acid. At age 40 he has over a decade to be Bond but Broccoli won't choose him. Actually, I never heard of the "E" version of Turner, but at 46, he would be better than ATJ as well! Image
Yep both Turners look the part and would be a big improvement on DC and yeah I think I agree better than ATJ but I would need to see more of him acting to be sure.