The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by John P. Drake »

kater23 wrote:I don't hate Affleck..My worry is Matt Daaaaaaaaaaaaamon may get involved. :mrgreen:

But in all seriousness.. I haven't seen Man Of Steel, haven't seen either of the Nolan Batmans, and I won't see this one.
Good for you, Kater. Matt Damon is a pain in the backwards, someone I do not really tolerate and hate him for his Bourne movies.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The first trailer is already out for MOS II:
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:I don't hate Affleck..My worry is Matt Daaaaaaaaaaaaamon may get involved. :mrgreen:

But in all seriousness.. I haven't seen Man Of Steel, haven't seen either of the Nolan Batmans, and I won't see this one.
Matt Daaamon can be the Riddler I don't think anyone else but affelc is able make sense of Damon's ravings.
I did say anyone can play Batman but I meant anyone who wasn't already known. On top of all of it Affleck is just annoying I doubt it will be overcome by wearing the cape and cowl
............ :007:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I'm looking forward to the next Batman movie - so there, :yay:

It's good that some people here hate it as it means there is more room in the cinema for me. Which is great news for me as last time I went to a movie BJMDDS threw popcorn at me and The Sweeney was making lots of noise sucking on Murray Mints.
So you're taking that chance to see the Bat vs Supes? If so, welcome to the club.

And no BJ, I'm not expecting any warm reception on the crossover.
The movie's home base for filming will be Detroit. The state of Michigan agreed to provide $35 million in incentives in return for $131 million in spending by the movie in the state.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013 ... /308290050
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Napoleon Solo wrote: The movie's home base for filming will be Detroit. The state of Michigan agreed to provide $35 million in incentives in return for $131 million in spending by the movie in the state.

Well, they could certainly use the economic boost. Has anyone else noticed the messages being added to the end credits of movies lately, saying "This movie created 7000 jobs and involved 900,000 work hours" (or whatever, I just pulled the numbers off the top of my head)?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

So what movies do we have to follow now?
November Man, The Secret Service, The Man From UNCLE, Sherlock Holmes 3, The Expendables 3, Escape Plan, Homefront

Anything else?
Gala Brand
Lieutenant

Post by Gala Brand »

Can't wait for "The Secret Service." Vaughn is looking to cast Adele as the bad guy (really!). The movie may also have David Beckham and Elton John in it. Something for everyone!

http://www.inquisitr.com/899006/adele-j ... vie-rumor/
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I hope it doesn't. I'm a huge fan of the comics, and I can't actually see them fitting in. Colin Firth has been cast in an unknown role, but I still don't like him to be part of anything. If it's for Uncle Jack, Jason Isaacs should be cast in the role. As for Gary, I'd go with Ben Drew, it clearly suits him.

Elton John, David Beckham, Adele and Colin Firth have no place in a movie like this. Vaughn shouldn't make that mistake.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

bjmdds wrote: Q, how did Man Of Steel do money-wise? Loss? Profit? Even?
I doubt Warner is disappointed. At $650m they should be close to breaking even, certainly should with home video. Could it have done better? Probably. Given the situation they should be pleased with the results. However we should remember Superman 1978 adjusted to today's market is billion dollar movie. The market for the series has a lot of room to grow.
The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:What kind of idiocy is this? Dalton is NOT Alfred nor should he be in this film. I would not spend a penny on this garbage with Cranston as Luther as well. FBF, don't hold your breath trying to hope this becomes an Avengers type of film. Drakester, what say yee? Do we abandon ship on this one?
I'll be abandoning this ship. I was utterly disgusted with MoS, and I feel this next film will be even worse.

I am really disillusioned with Hollywood films right now.
It's going to get a lot worse before it begins to gets better. After all it is an industry that plans and builds based on today's attitude for market two to three years away.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
The movie's home base for filming will be Detroit. The state of Michigan agreed to provide $35 million in incentives in return for $131 million in spending by the movie in the state.

Hollywood social consciousness kicking in. Maybe too late to save old Detroit. I'm glad more state and local governments are figuring out how to become attractive to movie productions. Hollywood has the money to spend and wants to spend it, however the bottom line still has to make sense.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Mazer how can they be doing ok with MOS? I'd say they would need $800 million to make money but taking the rule of three you and Ale talk about it'd be $675????? It had to cost almost $400 million total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

One of Hollywood's most beloved comedy stars and a well-respected character actor, Dick Van Dyke is most famous for his work on the iconic situation comedy "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and his roles in classic family-friendly musicals such as "Mary Poppins," "Bye Bye Birdie" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." But Van Dyke recently revealed that he was offered the chance to play James Bond by Albert "Cubby" Broccoli, the producer who first brought 007 to the screen.

Van Dyke recently appeared on "The Kevin Pollock Chat Show," and in the course of a two-hour conversation, Van Dyke mentioned Broccoli making the surprising offer in 1968.

"I was doing 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,' and Sean Connery had spoken about leaving the Bond pictures, you know," Van Dyke said. "He had done several at the time. And Cubby Broccoli actually called me in [to his office] and asked me if I wanted to be Bond!"

Pollack immediately replied, "No, he didn't," but Van Dyke cheerfully shot back, "Yes, he did!" While on the subject on James Bond, Van Dyke weighed in on Daniel Craig, and it turns out he isn't a fan. While Van Dyke praised Craig as a "wonderful actor" with "great physicality," he said, "For some reason, he lacks the panache to be Bond for me."

Craig is already committed to the next two James Bond movies, the first arriving in 2015. But after he's done, perhaps the current producers of the Bond might consider giving Van Dyke another chance. Judging from his recent work, at 87 years of age he's still sharp, he has great timing, and he can dance. And he's even nimble enough to escape from a burning car.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote: Craig is already committed to the next two James Bond movies, the first arriving in 2015. But after he's done, perhaps the current producers of the Bond might consider giving Van Dyke another chance. Judging from his recent work, at 87 years of age he's still sharp, he has great timing, and he can dance. And he's even nimble enough to escape from a burning car.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Artsy Barbara Strikes Again!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, we can use DVD as Bond in your alternate universe. So what if he is 87 years old. :idea:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dick van Dyke as Bond? Bloimey!

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Just watched The World's End. Yes, it's great. And guess who's in it?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

John P. Drake wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Craig is already committed to the next two James Bond movies, the first arriving in 2015. But after he's done, perhaps the current producers of the Bond might consider giving Van Dyke another chance. Judging from his recent work, at 87 years of age he's still sharp, he has great timing, and he can dance. And he's even nimble enough to escape from a burning car.

Like always, the SOB plans to put DC's Bonds in the same room as Star Wars as though they are all-time classics.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

FormerBondFan wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:

Like always, the SOB plans to put DC's Bonds in the same room as Star Wars as though they are all-time classics.
Let's make a Star Wars Bond movie with Cr-egg, probably the Cr-egg fans will "love" it. :D
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I wouldn't be surprised if Bond 24 gross higher than Star Wars VII. After all, that b1tch is up to something.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Is it the Imperious curse FBF? How did she get the minions to follow her like Voldemort did in HP? Eon is the death eaters to the collective consciences of the movie going public that somehow bought into this "Franensteinization" of the Bond franchise by Broccoli.