The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Casting couch for Broccoli? How sexist! Cr-egg knows first hand about it.......I just went to see the Indiana Jones film. Do NOT believe the critics reviews. It was a fun film to see and had an interesting twist on time travel. It was better than the Crystal Skull film. Phoebe is nothing to look, at and if the goal was set her up as a female Indiana Jones they can forget that. They already had Lara Croft films. I would give it a 7/10.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Phoebe is nothing to look, at and if the goal was set her up as a female Indiana Jones they can forget that.
They already said that wasn't the aim, even before the film was released. Toxic fandom was raging against an imaginary threat of their own invention.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

'We may know exactly how the next Lex Luthor likes his martinis. Our trusted and proven sources tell us that DC Studios has officially offered Daniel Craig, the former James Bond, the role of Lex Luthor in the upcoming Superman: Legacy.'------------can you picture him finally with an 'EGG' head? https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/d ... erman.html Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think I'd want to hear it from a more reliable source than Giant Freaking Robot, but I can imagine Craig as Mr Lu-thor. Who's going to play Otis? ;)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe MGW can do an OTIS cameo.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

If they go with craig it’ll be another failed dc attempt at making a universe. I just don’t think Craig can pull off a good Lex Luthor, he won’t be worse than Jesse Eisenberg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Saw this on Facebook and had to share: Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Superman: Legacy: James Gunn dispels rumor of Daniel Craig being offered Lex Luthor. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DENOFGEEK.COM: So as soon as the success of Jaws raised his status in Hollywood, Spielberg thought he had a shot.

“I called up Cubby and offered my services but he didn’t think I was right for the part,” Spielberg told The Independent in 2016. Spielberg tried again a few years later, after the alien movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind made another splash at the box office. He also did get his overdue Best Director Oscar nod on that one. “[Once] again I tried to get on a Bond film, and now they can’t afford me,” he recalled in the same Independent interview. To a modern moviegoer, the decision by Broccoli, who was by the then the solo head of Eon Productions, might seem ridiculous. Why would you turn down Steven Spielberg, especially right after Jaws or Close Encounters? Incredulity only increases when you look at the directors Eon did hire at the time, solid but unremarkable journeymen such as Lewis Gilbert and Guy Hamilton. But Broccoli had always taken seriously his role as curator of the Ian Fleming novels, and did not want to turn the markedly English franchise over to an American director. Nor, presumably, did he want an American “auteur” whose success commanded enough clout to demand more creative control than the producer. If there was an author who shaped the 20th century Bond movies, his name was Broccoli.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:16 pm Superman: Legacy: James Gunn dispels rumor of Daniel Craig being offered Lex Luthor.
Gunn doesn't waste any time when it comes to dispelling fake news about the films he works on. Compare that to Babbzy, allowing the Bond franchise to get submerged in an ever-rising tide of organic fertiliser of bovine origin.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:26 pm DENOFGEEK.COM: So as soon as the success of Jaws raised his status in Hollywood, Spielberg thought he had a shot.

“I called up Cubby and offered my services but he didn’t think I was right for the part,” Spielberg told The Independent in 2016. Spielberg tried again a few years later, after the alien movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind made another splash at the box office. He also did get his overdue Best Director Oscar nod on that one. “[Once] again I tried to get on a Bond film, and now they can’t afford me,” he recalled in the same Independent interview. To a modern moviegoer, the decision by Broccoli, who was by the then the solo head of Eon Productions, might seem ridiculous. Why would you turn down Steven Spielberg, especially right after Jaws or Close Encounters? Incredulity only increases when you look at the directors Eon did hire at the time, solid but unremarkable journeymen such as Lewis Gilbert and Guy Hamilton. But Broccoli had always taken seriously his role as curator of the Ian Fleming novels, and did not want to turn the markedly English franchise over to an American director. Nor, presumably, did he want an American “auteur” whose success commanded enough clout to demand more creative control than the producer. If there was an author who shaped the 20th century Bond movies, his name was Broccoli.
Compare that to his daughter who chases any auteur who will stand still long enough to listen to her.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Sam Mendes claims he has turned down an approach to direct the next Bond film. Cary Fukunaga, for obvious reasons, is also out of the frame. That's two pieces of good news for a start.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/entertai ... id/1952197

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... girls.html
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:06 pm
Jason wrote:This is an interesting little interview with would be Bond in TLD, Finlay Light. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on last paragraph about Babz https://venetianvase.co.uk/2023/07/05/f ... ames-bond/
No surprise there. Didn't she shag Dalton as well?

On a similar sort of note, Michael Billington was the '007 in waiting' back up option to Roger Moore through the seventies and up to Octopussy. He did more Bond screentests than any other actor and had a bit part in the pre-credit sequence for TSWLM. According to the picture below he was also engaged to Barbara!

https://www.alamy.com/cubby-broccoli-an ... archtype=0
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

James wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:54 pm Sam Mendes claims he has turned down an approach to direct the next Bond film. Cary Fukunaga, for obvious reasons, is also out of the frame. That's two pieces of good news for a start.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/entertai ... id/1952197
So the terrible twosome tried throwing another fat paycheck Sam's way?! Because he did so well last time? More to the point I don't want to hear anything about "such and such" actor being too expensive for the role, since they're perfectly willing to blow money on their favorite over hyped auteur.

Way to go Babz, not only did this guy slag off the your father's films (oh, he who protests too much!), as so many of the "brilliant" creatives you bring in do, but now every time this perverted crumb is mentioned it's in the same breath as "James Bond director!"
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

James wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:05 pm
Kristatos wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:06 pm
Jason wrote:This is an interesting little interview with would be Bond in TLD, Finlay Light. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on last paragraph about Babz https://venetianvase.co.uk/2023/07/05/f ... ames-bond/
No surprise there. Didn't she shag Dalton as well?

On a similar sort of note, Michael Billington was the '007 in waiting' back up option to Roger Moore through the seventies and up to Octopussy. He did more Bond screentests than any other actor and had a bit part in the pre-credit sequence for TSWLM. According to the picture below he was also engaged to Barbara!

https://www.alamy.com/cubby-broccoli-an ... archtype=0
I knew he was in the running all the way back to LALD, but I did not know he was engaged to Barbara...wow.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm curious to know when this offer to the Goat of Mendes was made, given that we're perpetually being told that there's no movement on a new Bond film, and that we're forever two years away from production starting. The article doesn't say, and I'm wondering if this isn't an old story that they dug out of the files, and if the Bond film he was offered wasn't NTTD.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:19 am I'm curious to know when this offer to the Goat of Mendes was made, given that we're perpetually being told that there's no movement on a new Bond film, and that we're forever two years away from production starting. The article doesn't say, and I'm wondering if this isn't an old story that they dug out of the files, and if the Bond film he was offered wasn't NTTD.

An excellent point Kris and considering the state of "journalism" today, particularly the "entertainment" variety, I'm sure you're spot on. However considering the ass backwards way EON produces a film it's right in step for them to hire the director first before doing anything else on the production, least of all write the script, which we all know they do as they film because that is the best way!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The 'egg'-head and his wifey disrespected the future Queenie Kate by not standing up to greet her at Wimbledon. Many in the UK are furious with Cr-egg for doing that. Also, it seems Meghan has officially ruined dirty Harry's life as the two will be apart for a while, according to the UK tabloids. Image ........and the waiting continues on and on as Broccoli vacations from her daddy's franchise indefinitely.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The British five-time Oscar nominee added that any filmmaker who dares to take on the Bond legacy must approach the material with the “right attitude.”

“It has to be the right moment in your creative life where you can express what you want to express and really burrow into something within the appropriate constraints because you would never want to take on something like that and do it wrong,” he said.

Nolan added that he felt a similar responsibility when he signed on to direct his series of Batman films. However, he concluded that if he is to be involved in any project he must be embraced completely as a creative.

“You wouldn’t want to take on a film without being fully committed to what you bring to the table creatively. So as a writer, casting, everything — it’s a full package,” he said. “You’d have to be really needed and wanted in terms of bringing the totality of what you bring to a character. Otherwise, I’m very happy to be first in line to see whatever they do.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Barbara Broccoli Believed Tom Hiddleston was “too smug” to Play James Bond. According to the New York Post, James Bond franchise boss Barbara Broccoli wasn’t too taken with the idea of Tom Hiddleston playing the iconic superspy. A source said: “Barbara Broccoli doesn’t like Tom Hiddleston, he’s a bit too smug and not tough enough to play James Bond.”------months pass and Tom Hiddleston is the internet news on the now possibly defunct franchise? The new Mission Impossible film, which I will see this weekend, is NOT doing that great at the box office.