The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

English Agent wrote:Hi everyone............havnt been here for a while!.............should come back now, for the discussion on Bond, and the new film Spectre!

At least Craig doesnt have that awful haircut in Spectre, that he did in Skyfall.

'Veronica' are you a relatively new member here?.........dont recall your name, when i was last here.

........and how are you BJ? :D

Spectre, better be a very good film, hope it doesnt dwell into scenes with lots of small talk conversation.

Anyway...........it cant be as bad as QOS...........i still hate that film.
Hello EA :!: Return more often :!: Will Cr-egg retire after this? Will Cavill be the 7th 007?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

English Agent wrote: Spectre, better be a very good film, hope it doesnt dwell into scenes with lots of small talk conversation.
Umm...have you seen the trailer? It's nothing but talk, and the fans are going apeshit over it ("Oh boy, the dialogue is going to be even more on-the-nose this time! I hope there's lots of leaden symbolism and boring character development, but Skyfall is going to be hard to beat ").
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
English Agent wrote: Spectre, better be a very good film, hope it doesnt dwell into scenes with lots of small talk conversation.
Umm...have you seen the trailer? It's nothing but talk, and the fans are going apeshit over it ("Oh boy, the dialogue is going to be even more on-the-nose this time! I hope there's lots of leaden symbolism and boring character development, but Skyfall is going to be hard to beat ").

"You are a kait dancing in a hurricane..."
What's going to be next?
"Be...or not to be"?
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

So, what are my first impressions of 'Spectre'?............well the teaser trailer was pretty lacking in clues............but i get the impression that 'Spectre', as it appears to be a follow on from 'Skyfall' will have a similar tone to that film......as its got the same Mi6 characters, and obviously being directed by Mendes again.
I hear the new film will have some very impressive action set pieces (car chase in Rome, snow action scenes in Austria, and a large pre-credits action scene at a Mexican carnival, as examples), but i'am more interested to know if the film will have a bloody good story............as that's what really counts, and if the villian in the film really does turn out to be Blofeld, though no one is admitting this. Though this does beg the question who is the leader of Spectre in this time period, of this organisation?

Regarding Craig......i see you all still love him here.........not! :D ..............i wonder how long he will carry on in the role?

I expect 'Spectre', even if it doesnt quite live upto expectations, to still be a big hit commercially...........and remember the International market is larger these days, in particular in China where grosses of some US films have become quite enormous in recent times).
I think 'Spectre' if it is a well received film, could do another $1b at the b.o..............this will then make it harder for Craig to leave the role if he wanted to exit, because of the pressure from the producers to stay on in the role.

I see you are still hoping for 'Cavill' to get the Bond role 'BJ', but seriously i dont think he is on the radar of Babs at the moment..............and there has been quite a bit of noise in British tabloids recently, that 'Jason Statham' would like the role of Bond. Mind you this is all typical gossip, isnt it?

btw does the 'Sweeney' still post here?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Sweeney was here not too long ago. He was not happy with the trailer but thought Craig looked better than sf.

My impression of Sp is the story is going too emo again this time with daddy issues . So much of it is already out there what I've seen I m not impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] History was made today in my hometown and it was heard around the world :!: We finally have a Triple Crown champion :!:
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] History was made today in my hometown and it was heard around the world :!: We finally have a Triple Crown champion :!:
I sometimes follow horse racing.........but can you explain the significance of this event, to us non-US residents 'BJ'? :)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Triple Crown is for 3 year old racehorses involving 3 races, the Kentucky Derby in Kentucky, the Preakness in Maryland, and the Belmont Stakes in New York. Only 12 horses in 150 years have won all 3 races, over a 5 week period, from the first Saturday in May through 5 weeks ending in June. No horse had done the feat here since 1978, so the 37 year drought is finally over. The Triple Crown champions are all great racehorses.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Just watched brosnan s new movie on vod . Survivor

It's for brosnan and the girls fans (I'll get her name wrong trying on my phone), they are the stars and they have good performances .

The movie is full of plot holes and lapses in logic.

I would not recommend it to any one but a fan.

The over all message seems to be patriotic I guess.
The ending didn't connect the dots very well either

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Hey @Omega, did you watch Hannibal last night? This belongs in the TV section I know, and I *will* post a review(or a link to my review on my blog)
no sorry I was not near a proper TV ( streaming vod no channels) . Was it as good as preview ?

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:Just watched brosnan s new movie on vod . Survivor

It's for brosnan and the girls fans (I'll get her name wrong trying on my phone), they are the stars and they have good performances .

Just the fans enjoying Pierce's work is not enough. Pierce deserves to have his work to be enjoyed by the general audience as much as his fans.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Omega wrote:Just watched brosnan s new movie on vod . Survivor

Just the fans enjoying Pierce's work is not enough. Pierce deserves to have his work to be enjoyed by the general audience as much as his fans.
Don't disagree really . It had a good cast but the driving ideas behind the story made no sense IMO .

But brosnan & milla had good performances and I could only feel the movie failed them . It would be worse if they looked liked they phoned it in ruining the movie .

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

When is the moon and the sun coming out?

Captain Arthurs
Lieutenant

Post by Captain Arthurs »

English Agent wrote: Regarding Craig......i see you all still love him here.........not! :D ..............i wonder how long he will carry on in the role?
Daniel Craig:

A) cannot find work outside of Bond and everyone seems to want him to do the role into his eighties
B) gets masses of praise everytime he plays Bond, whereas his other roles are ignored
C) gets millions of dollars for Bond - he even gets a percentage of the profits
D) the woman who owns Bond is obsessed with him and would mothball the franchise if he left

So therefore Daniel Craig will carry on as Bond for another 30 years, :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Captain Arthurs wrote:
English Agent wrote: Regarding Craig......i see you all still love him here.........not! :D ..............i wonder how long he will carry on in the role?
Daniel Craig:

A) cannot find work outside of Bond and everyone seems to want him to do the role into his eighties
B) gets masses of praise everytime he plays Bond, whereas his other roles are ignored
C) gets millions of dollars for Bond - he even gets a percentage of the profits
D) the woman who owns Bond is obsessed with him and would mothball the franchise if he left

So therefore Daniel Craig will carry on as Bond for another 30 years, :lol:
I imagine that when Craig leaves she would cry and would never want to find another actor replacing in her words "best Bond ever"...wuss.
I just wonder how much we will need to be stuck with Craig...if this one goes well on the box office(it probably will) and if it gets praise from critics like Skyfail then I guess Babs will throw even more money at Craig to make him stay...if not-she would do that same thing as well...she is so subjective about the whole thing that the only way we won't see Craig is if he quits himself-and he stated himself that he wants to...but he makes huge money with this-he would be a fool if he would refuse that kind amount of money.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don't think he will do more than one more movie no matter how much he is offered. I'm not sure he wants to do another as it is. He's only doing this one for the money so maybe he'll never leave if is only about money

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:When is the moon and the sun coming out?

That's a good question. Speaking of Pierce's upcoming films, I don't think they will fare very well in theaters and/or with the critics.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:I don't think he will do more than one more movie no matter how much he is offered. I'm not sure he wants to do another as it is. He's only doing this one for the money so maybe he'll never leave if is only about money

He said how he wanted to "get out of this as soon as he got in"..the only movie he might actually tried about is CR since it was his first...
He may find Bond to be "boring" to quote him,but he sure as hell has nothing against the money he is given to do play Jason Bourne's brother.
I don't know something tells me that SPECTRE won't be a success Skyfall was neither financially neither critically. The script is out,the world can read about rewrites and how the third act is all a mess and so on...I don't know. If it doesn't go well as Skyfall this might be his last.. I have a feeling that this will be more in line of QOS..both financially and critically...
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Omega wrote:
kater23 wrote:Hey @Omega, did you watch Hannibal last night? This belongs in the TV section I know, and I *will* post a review(or a link to my review on my blog)
no sorry I was not near a proper TV ( streaming vod no channels) . Was it as good as preview ?

It was amazing.Hopefully you get to see it soon.Episode 2 airs Thursday.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I have nothing against the casting of Bellucci, I have wanted an older Bond girl for some time. It's a shame that such casting couldn't have been in a better era of Bond.

I would like to know if you Brosnan fans would feel the same about Monica Bellucci if she had been cast in TND, as Brosnan wanted.
I wouldn't feel any other way. I am Italian and female so I have got to know her LONG before foreigners did and without any male perspective blinding me. She is a HORRIBLE actress, period. That's not under discussion. Also, when Pierce Brosnan wanted her for TND she was in her prime AND the right age. She is 50 now, that seems a tad much for a Bond girl BUT given how old Craister is and HOW OLD HE LOOKS, she certainly is more appropriate for him.
I have said and repeated that she is gorgeous, but I will also say and repeat that she is a TERRIBLE actress. And she also isn't exactly known for the depth of her portrayals on screen, but rather for how little she wears in movies.
These are facts that have never changed. My opinion of her has never changed. Beautiful woman, gorgeous. Bimbo. When I hear her say something sensible and profound in my own language, which I never have in well past 20 years of seeing her around, I will change my stance. The fact foreigners don't get to hear her talk in her own language and understand how she talks and what she says severely limits the understanding of the lack of substance she has. Now granted, that may be a deliberate choice to play a character publicly, but that's what I see and that's what I have always heard in numerous interviews of her I have seen on TV and read on newspapers here. So that's what there is to draw conclusions.

I think you are right Alessandra. Monica
is first and foremost known as a beauty queen. I bet when you ask people in what did she star they will be quiet for a few seconds. I recently watched the aclaimed movie "Malena" with her and I don't know if that was the idea of the movie or the fact that she isn't the most talented actress out there but she has 3 lines all together and the lines are "Si","Grazie" and one sentence that has more than one word. That's it.The whole story is based on the fact that she is pretty. Without going too much in the discussion and what I thought about the film I think the same will happen in SPECTRE.From what we could read from the leaked script Madeleine Swann played by Lea Seydoux is the main girl with Craig supposedly falling in love with her. There is this whole theory on ajb007 that her name is a play on words.
Madeleine Swann is a character from Proust's "In search of a lost time" and in the first chapter "Swann's Way" a protagonist is reminded of someone from the past-he gets nostalgic. My guess is Madeleine is another Vesper and it makes sence because from the leaks it says Craig will fall in love with her.
From all this I would conclude Monica will be in the movie for about five minutes,say two lines and look pretty...