The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:COULDN'T HAVE BEEN SAID ANY BETTER!!! AWESOME WAY OF EXPLAINING, GLORIOUS ENGLAND!!

I gotta tell you, fellas. The man always knew his onions.
.......and Boar-bara Broccoli is one rotten vegetable :!:
Well said, BJ.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

DAD was just on. It's Pierce's worst plot of his 4 Bond films.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bruce Lee died 40 years ago this month. On 10 May 1973, Lee collapsed in Golden Harvest studios in Hong Kong while doing dubbing work for the movie Enter the Dragon. Suffering from seizures and headaches, he was immediately rushed to Hong Kong Baptist Hospital where doctors diagnosed cerebral edema. They were able to reduce the swelling through the administration of mannitol. These same symptoms that occurred in his first collapse were later repeated on the day of his death. On 20 July 1973, Lee was in Hong Kong, to have dinner with James Bond star George Lazenby, with whom he intended to make a film. According to Lee's wife Linda, Lee met producer Raymond Chow at 2 pm at home to discuss the making of the film Game of Death. They worked until 4 pm and then drove together to the home of Lee's colleague Betty Ting Pei, a Taiwanese actress. The three went over the script at Ting's home, and then Chow left to attend a dinner meeting. Later Lee complained of a headache, and Ting gave him an analgesic (painkiller), Equagesic, which contained both aspirin and the muscle relaxant meprobamate. Around 7:30 pm, he went to lie down for a nap. When Lee did not turn up for dinner, Chow came to the apartment but could not wake Lee up. A doctor was summoned, who spent ten minutes attempting to revive him before sending him by ambulance to Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Lee was dead by the time he reached the hospital. There was no visible external injury; however, according to autopsy reports, his brain had swollen considerably, from 1,400 to 1,575 grams (a 13% increase). Lee was 32 years old. The only substance found during the autopsy was Equagesic. On 15 October 2005, Chow stated in an interview that Lee died from an allergic reaction to the muscle relaxant (meprobamate) in Equagesic, which he described as a common ingredient in painkillers. When the doctors announced Lee's death officially, it was ruled a "death by misadventure". So what do the advertisers do?
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Peace be with him. Bruce Lee deserved a lot more than he got. He was truly exceptional.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I bet you liked his films Jack, correct? He was HUGE in the USA as an action hero in his brief career. It looks like a "Man of Steel" sequel is being fast tracked. Entertainment Weekly notes that there are rumors the second film will be called "Man of Steel 2: Steel Harder" and people are pushing for a 2014 release. However, in an interview with Moviehole, director Zach Snyder sounded more cautious about the sequel. "So my hope is, when I get home I can sit down with everyone and it'll be like 'Okay, so what are we going to do?'" Snyder said. Rumors have already started about the "Man of Steel 2" villain. It's widely believed that Lex Luthor will make his debut in the "Man of Steel" series in the second film. Of course casting rumors have begun and people are offering up names of who would make a good Lex Luthor. Screen Crush mentions the first casting rumor following "Man of Steel's" release. Actor Mark Strong's (Sinestro of GL) name apparently has been brought up. http://images.mstarz.com/data/images/fu ... .jpg?w=600 http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4553327850750421&pid=1.7
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I say let Craig be Luthor as long as it integers with his bond schedule and we got a new bond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:I bet you liked his films Jack, correct?
Of course I did. Oh, forgive me if I haven't told you that I'm also a massive Bruce Lee fan. He made my days back when I was a kid. Favourite movie: Enter The Dragon, followed by Game of Death (John Barry scored it, so it's got to be awesome). Although, my father prefers The Big Boss.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I always was a Bruce Lee fan going back to Kato on the Green Hornet and Longstreet with James Franciscus. The big Boss was originally titled Fists Of Fury here when it came out. The actual acting is lame. It's the fight scenes that are spectacular. When he was on Batman, it was a joke :!: This was CLASSIC Lee and made him famous here:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

An excerpt from Bruce Lee's screen test for The Green Hornet:

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:I always was a Bruce Lee fan going back to Kato on the Green Hornet and Longstreet with James Franciscus. The big Boss was originally titled Fists Of Fury here when it came out. The actual acting is lame. It's the fight scenes that are spectacular. When he was on Batman, it was a joke :!: This was CLASSIC Lee and made him famous here:
Yes, the 1960s Batman was TOO CHEESY!! But, The Green Hornet was way too awesome!! Yes, I know The Big Boss was originally titled Fists of Fury, and Fist of Fury was originally titled The Chinese Connection, and Way of The Dragon was titled The Return of The Dragon.
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

Bruce Lee and Kung-Fu films were massive in the UK in the early seventies.
I remember trying to see 'Enter the Dragon', but was refused entry into the cinema coz i was a little under 18 at the time.
Seeing it nowadays, it seems so tame, compared to the violence of modern films.
John Saxon who played 'Roper' in that film, for some reason always looked like a little bit like Sean Connery in his hey day as Bond, circa 1965-66.
Regarding the 'Green Hornet', i believe that US TV series was never aired in the UK, i've seen excerpts of it on the internet, but it looks a little bit naff in comparison to 'Batman'.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

'Bond 24' confrimed for 23 October 2015 release in the UK and 6 November 2015 in the US. An "official" word from EON Productions. Namely, Babs and her b!+ch, Gary Barber. John "emo" Logan returns as the screenwriter while Sam "soap opera" Mendes is still considering for the director role.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

English Agent wrote:John Saxon who played 'Roper' in that film, for some reason always looked like a little bit like Sean Connery in his hey day as Bond, circa 1965-66.
It's because Enter The Dragon was believed to be a low-profile remake of Dr. No, that has been stated in many articles. So, they had to bring a "Bond" look alike in the film.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Regarding the violence, I believe the reason for the 18 rating is that there was a big panic at the time over football hooligans copying Bruce Lee's moves on each other, and on innocent bystanders, with dangerous results.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:'Bond 24' confrimed for 23 October 2015 release in the UK and 6 November 2015 in the US. An "official" word from EON Productions. Namely, Babs and her b!+ch, Gary Barber. John "emo" Logan returns as the screenwriter while Sam "soap opera" Mendes is still considering for the director role.
Are they sure they want to open up the SAME weekend as the eagerly anticipated Marvel superhero: My money is on Ant-Man. FBF, get your wallet ready to see it Potter-like times :!: :up: NOVEMBER 2015
Friday
NEW IN THEATERS ACTORS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Ant-Man
Action / Adventure - Buena Vista Wide
Bond 24
Action Daniel Craig Sony / Columbia Wide
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=817373 This is exactly why these younger actors are clueless buffoons who have no business involved in superhero films, just as Broccoli does not belong involved with the Bond franchise :!: These idiotic and moronic PC plots have NO business even being considered for classic superhero reinterpretations by Hollywood jackasses.
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Ant-Man will move. No way they'll want to go head-to-head with Bond.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Let's see what occurs.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Let's see what occurs.
I don't like making predictions, but I'd be *extremely* surprised if Ant-Man still has the same release date this time next year.
Edit: though I hope it remains close enough that supporting Ant-Man over Bond is a viable option.