The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Stay well. :up:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote: Broccoli says Cr-egg will be Bond for "hopefully at LEAST a DECADE, if not longer", at the end of the third video. That will bring us to 2022 when he will be...........54! Good riddance by then........right FBF?
The franchise is dead as a zombie on steroids.

Send in Sheamus or Wade Barrett when DC is done. After that, the Strogg shall invade the franchise.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

IMO Babs may have meant 2006 to 2016, but I didn't watch it.

First story's are Lobe Ranger is bombing, we may go tomorrow , then again maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:IMO Babs may have meant 2006 to 2016, but I didn't watch it.

First story's are Lobe Ranger is bombing, we may go tomorrow , then again maybe not.

I watched the video. The kid interview asks when he'd have a chance to play Bond. She says Daniel Craig will have the role "for some time" and then makes the remark about having the role "for a decade" at least. It sounded to me as if she meant 2022, or a decade from the interview.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Napoleon Solo wrote:

I watched the video. The kid interview asks when he'd have a chance to play Bond. She says Daniel Craig will have the role "for some time" and then makes the remark about having the role "for a decade" at least. It sounded to me as if she meant 2022, or a decade from the interview.
God Save us All! :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Napoleon Solo wrote:

Correct Napolean. She meant from the interview and was referring to 2022 OR BEYOND that :!: Forget it. She wants her clown/lover for 20 years involved in this and by then she will be in her 60s and retire with Cr-egg vacating the role and MGW in his 80s :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:

Correct Napolean. She meant from the interview and was referring to 2022 OR BEYOND that :!: Forget it. She wants her clown/lover for 20 years involved in this and by then she will be in her 60s and retire with Cr-egg vacating the role and MGW in his 80s :!:
And Craig will be 54. Remind me again why you fired Pierce?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Because he would not sleep with her and Cr-egg applied the right pressure for the role. Cavill will be 40 by then. It's truly a lost cause because of Broccoli's obsession with a lemon faced troll :!:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Happy 4th of July!!! (for our members in the U.S.A.) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:lol:
For the Life of Pi and George Washington fans out there who wished there was a way to bring the two together here you go. :wink:
[spoil]Image[/spoil]

For the Ronny Reagan Fans:
[spoil]Image[/spoil]

Lincoln:
[spoil]Image[/spoil]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The founding fathers would never believe what the USA has morphed into :!: Now that Broccoli's own words have verified that Cr-egg is locked in through 2022 and beyond, what other franchise thrills you the most? Marvel's characters? DC comic's characters? Star Wars VII, VIII, and IX? The Man From Uncle series? Indy 5? etc., and so on? Bond is over. It's a lost cause until Broccoli resigns as CEO.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Get ready for Ant-Man. There were positive reviews for the actual test footage before it was deleted from the internet but this video sums it up. FBF, you have a new superhero to buy tickets for :yay: Ant-Man – November 6, 2015. It could go up against Broccoli's creation that month :!: http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 00x255.png http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... tage-2.png Too Iron Man-ish?
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Remember that girl at the end who said that she thinks Superman is “kinda hot”? Did you catch the name on her uniform? Well it was Farris, which should ring a bell, despite the need to substitute a vowel. Captain Carrie Farris is far too close to Carol Ferris, the famed love interest of the Green Lantern, to not be an allusion to the combat fighting ace.

Is this perhaps the first cross-over character? That would likely mean Ryan Reynolds is done as the Lantern, though that’s widely assumed anyway. But if they change Carol, then they’re probably not looking for any continuity. Or it could just be something small for fans to pick up on and nothing more. But Snyder did change the way Lois and Clark meet, so I don’t think changing one letter is something he’d consider taboo.

If true, the saddest part is that it means bye-bye Blake Lively, who was undoubtedly the best part of The Green Lantern.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The founding fathers would never believe what the USA has morphed into :!: Now that Broccoli's own words have verified that Cr-egg is locked in through 2022 and beyond, what other franchise thrills you the most? Marvel's characters? DC comic's characters? Star Wars VII, VIII, and IX? The Man From Uncle series? Indy 5? etc., and so on? Bond is over. It's a lost cause until Broccoli resigns as CEO.
Anything but Bond. That being said....

https://www.facebook.com/NovemberManTheMovie?ref=hl
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Disney’s big-budget “The Lone Ranger” is resembling the high-speed train wreck depicted in the movie, grossing less than $10 million on Wednesday. Meanwhile, “Lone Ranger,” which cost $225 million (not including marketing), sadly looks to be another “John Carter” for Disney, with opening five day projections upwards of $45 million. That’s a paltry sum compared to what Disney needed the film to earn, and even with star Johnny Depp goosing overseas prospects, it’s highly unlikely the international markets will warm to the iconic American Western enough to make up for slagging Stateside box office.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

November Man is an upcoming spy thriller film based on the novel There Are No Spies by Bill Granger, who created the franchise known as "November Man". It stars Pierce Brosnan, Olga Kurylenko, Luke Bracey and Bill Smitrovich, with the screenplay being written by Michael Finch and Karl Gajdusek. The film is being directed by Roger Donaldson, known for his most notable works Species, The Recruit and The Bank Job. He previously worked with Brosnan in Dante's Peak. Beau St. Clair once again teams up with Brosnan to co-produce the film. Peter Devereaux is an ex-CIA operative who has been brought back in on a very personal mission and finds himself pitted against his former protege in a deadly game involving high level US Government officials and the Russian president-elect. (This is the kind of role Brosnan should have been doing the past 10 years.) (Brosnan first met James Bond films producer Albert R. Broccoli on the sets of For Your Eyes Only because his first wife, Cassandra Harris, was in the film. Broccoli said, "if he can act ... he's my guy" to inherit the role of Bond from Roger Moore.)
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:November Man is an upcoming spy thriller film based on the novel There Are No Spies by Bill Granger, who created the franchise known as "November Man". It stars Pierce Brosnan, Olga Kurylenko, Luke Bracey and Bill Smitrovich, with the screenplay being written by Michael Finch and Karl Gajdusek. The film is being directed by Roger Donaldson, known for his most notable works Species, The Recruit and The Bank Job. He previously worked with Brosnan in Dante's Peak. Beau St. Clair once again teams up with Brosnan to co-produce the film. Peter Devereaux is an ex-CIA operative who has been brought back in on a very personal mission and finds himself pitted against his former protege in a deadly game involving high level US Government officials and the Russian president-elect. (This is the kind of role Brosnan should have been doing the past 10 years.) (Brosnan first met James Bond films producer Albert R. Broccoli on the sets of For Your Eyes Only because his first wife, Cassandra Harris, was in the film. Broccoli said, "if he can act ... he's my guy" to inherit the role of Bond from Roger Moore.)
I hope NM will end up as Pierce's best film as well as putting GE to shame. He deserves better.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Napoleon Solo wrote:

Ugh. She plans to Roger Moore us to death :roll:

No disrespect to Roger however he did stay far too long nearly killing the franchise.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg's short stay so far is killing the "classic" franchise except for the love his minions are showing for it.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg's short stay so far is killing the "classic" franchise except for the love his minions are showing for it.
DC's corrupted Bonds (especially Skyfall) are giving the modern day Bond concept as well as pop culture a VERY bad name.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Because he would not sleep with her and Cr-egg applied the right pressure for the role. Cavill will be 40 by then. It's truly a lost cause because of Broccoli's obsession with a lemon faced troll :!:
Forget Bale, Jackman, Owen, Cavill, Fassbender, or any other handsome profile actors (especially those in the US) as Bond. Send in a WWE/TNA/UFC
star who can act or the likes of Marty Feldman (in terms of unattractiveness as Bond). The classic Bond is dead. The franchise may have the classic Bond elements returning, but thanks to the success of Skyfall, it's now a zombie on steroids.

If you want a classic Bond, watch November Man instead accept that it's not James Bond. However, it has a classic Bond actor (our guy Pierce) who is back in the action genre.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.