What if YOU met Babs or MGW?

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: What if YOU met Babs or MGW?

Post by John P. Drake »

If I meet MGW, I'd tell him that he has Alzheimer. If I meet Babs, I'll tell her to resign from being an EON producer.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote: If it was just the once, I would have just assumed it was a typo and ignored it, but he has called him "Indian Jone" several times, so it got me wondering if there was some reference I was missing. Sometimes a commonly-made mistake becomes a sort of in-joke, like saying "hugh" instead of "huge".
With BJ and FBF you never know :lol: I didn't noticed I misspelled it the chrome autocheck thought whatever I originally spelled was closer to Indian :lol:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:If I meet MGW, I'd tell him that he has Alzheimer. If I meet Babs, I'll tell her to resign from being an EON producer.
I wonder if Connery is OK, they way he avoids public appearances is not uncommon for celebrities suffering from a debilitating conditions.

I'm surprised MGW hasn't retired
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I knew you misspelled it Dr. No. I want to somehow meet the green vegetable in NYC and have a chat with her. :lol: MGW IS retired......he is just unaware of it. Why do you like 3 better than 1? That's unusual.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:I knew you misspelled it Dr. No. I want to somehow meet the green vegetable in NYC and have a chat with her. :lol: MGW IS retired......he is just unaware of it. Why do you like 3 better than 1? That's unusual.
LOOOOOOOOL!!!!! Awesome joke, Bjmdds.
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

if i met babs and MGW.... id have babs Carted off to the Mad-House and have MGW put into a care home, seriously, he needs help, he's clearly not well, and that blasted boiled vegetable is mental enough for ARKHAM RUDDY ASYLUM! let alone any real world mad-house. :evil: i mean, she thinks Emoism is "cool" and that Cr-egg is a good Bond....she makes Joker (Mark Hamill, BTAS) look sane!

then pass the film rights to warner brothers.
simple as that, loonies cant own film rights.
God Save The Queen.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

It's almost a shame Harry Saltzman sold HIS rights to United Artists (who became Cubby's not-so-silent partner until the later mergers with MGM/Sony/etc. muddied the waters further) way back in 1975 to alleviate his own multiple financial problems, then IF his own kids were involved in the continuation of the Bond movies maybe their involvement could've discouraged Babs & MGW's (to put it gently) mismanagement.

BUT... that's a big almost since the differences and estrangement of Broccoli & Saltzman was so final (and well documented) that any professional reconciliation for the Greater Good was always just a pipe-dream. And even if the Saltzman kids were able and willing to be involved, I doubt Babs' own control-freak issues would tolerate any interference to her control now.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

No disrespect to women in there, but here's what I can tell Babs...

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

JackJamesBond:In Babs' case, it's the God's honest truth!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

kater23 wrote:JackJamesBond:In Babs' case, it's the God's honest truth!
Agreed.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Dr. No wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I'd have to adopt the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" policy.
IMO this is what most people would do. Its fun to say I ask them why they hate Bond so much but I know I would chicken out :lol:
Well, there would be an urge to pelt them with rotten fruit (lemons?). But seeing as they're gonna cast James D'Arcy after Craig, they can't be all that bad.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Face to face it would have to be;
"Bring Back Bond!"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Goldeneye wrote:Face to face it would have to be;
"Bring Back Bond!"

Trouble is, they can now say "*Our* Bond grossed a billion dollars, why the hell should we?"
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
"Bring Back Bond!"

Trouble is, they can now say "*Our* Bond grossed a billion dollars, why the hell should we?"
I can simply respond to that: "We all know that it wasn't your rubbish story or performance that grossed the film a billion dollars, it was the advert of the "50th Anniversary" event that brought you all that blood money, if you deny this, then I really fear for your bloody sanity. The cinematic federation has decided to "honour" your franchise with those billion dollars you've earned. Be it released in a regular year, it would've been a huge flop, you're SO stupid not to admit that and effin' lie to the mindless audiences out there".
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
"Bring Back Bond!"

I can simply respond to that: "We all know that it wasn't your rubbish story or performance that grossed the film a billion dollars, it was the advert of the "50th Anniversary" event that brought you all that blood money, if you deny this, then I really fear for your bloody sanity. The cinematic federation has decided to "honour" your franchise with those billion dollars you've earned. Be it released in a regular year, it would've been a huge flop, you're SO stupid not to admit that and effin' lie to the mindless audiences out there".
Not to mention that critics were hyping Skyfall to be the best Bond film ever.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
"Bring Back Bond!"

Not to mention that critics were hyping Skyfall to be the best Bond film ever.
Obviously.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

But no film grosses that amount of money without extensive repeat business. Clearly, audiences are buying what EON is selling, and it is us who are out of step with mainstream opinion. Personally, I'm used to that, though I don't think I will ever cease to be irritated by people who tell me that I have to like the rebooted "Bond" because everybody else does.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:But no film grosses that amount of money without extensive repeat business. Clearly, audiences are buying what EON is selling, and it is us who are out of step with mainstream opinion. Personally, I'm used to that, though I don't think I will ever cease to be irritated by people who tell me that I have to like the rebooted "Bond" because everybody else does.
Only mindless people like teenagers do.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The minions have fallen under the Imperious curse of Eon. We have been smart enough not to buy into what the demented one heading Eon is selling.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:The minions have fallen under the Imperious curse of Eon. We have been smart enough not to buy into what the demented one heading Eon is selling.
I couldn't agree more, sir.