The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Kim Kar-trashian. Where's FBF and The Sweeney? Read this garbage from Brosnan: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/enterta ... 2hzu0.html These lunatics are out to destroy Fleming's creation. This guy is also 50 years old NOW. This insanity must stop :!: FBF, you have a second candidate now to join Idris in your quest to drown the franchise's future under the leadership of Broccoli. Sweeney will be quite upset as well if this madness continues. It's only a matter of time before Logan has his Bond kiss another man.....just a matter of time. :down:
Personally, I think the next Bond should be Indian, Persian or Chinese. That would make perfect sense to me, seeing as this is a new era, and nothing to do with what Fleming wrote. Modern audiences are crying out for a black Bond, or an Indian Bond. It's so obvious, and furthermore, there are no decent English white actors left on the market in the UK. Salmon is the best we have on offer.

Brosnan has hit the nail firmly on the head with his highly intelligent insight. He certainly knows his Fleming. Just take a look at his movies. His word is gospel when it comes to Bond.
Presumably Daniel Craig does "not know his Fleming" as well as he called for a "coloured" Bond to be cast in 2008.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... black.html
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Where is this moronic theory coming from in this world? Once you started deviating away from what a REAL Bond should look like, we now are going down the slippery slope of ruination of a franchise to be inclusively politically correct and it is a farce :!: Cr-egg started it by looking like a Neanderthalic, lemon faced, arthropod,with the ability to speak in mumbled vernacular, playing Bond. It has deteriorated into changing races and soon sexes as to what James Bond means, or shall we call HER Jamie in the future? :idea: :shock: :down:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I hate to say it, but political correctness may well kill the Bond franchise. :evil:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

You Only Live Twice still remembered in Japan:

(Stone marker near location where Ama island sequence filmed in western Japan):

http://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2013/04 ... -in-japan/
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I'm sorry to disappoint you, fellas. But, there won't be another 50 years for Bond to live. He's dead already. That's where it stops.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You are probably correct Jack........and that's a fact :!: Broccoli is the culprit.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

And yet some pussies I have argued with a month ago praised her and defended her. Christ, people have sold their souls to idiocy. No one's sane anymore, specially businessmen and likewise, the Cr-egg minions.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:I'm sorry to disappoint you, fellas. But, there won't be another 50 years for Bond to live. He's dead already. That's where it stops.
It's a waste of time hoping the classic Bond will return. Cherishing the first 20 Bonds is good enough. Besides, we got Marvel franchise and of course Pierce's upcoming action flicks.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:I'm sorry to disappoint you, fellas. But, there won't be another 50 years for Bond to live. He's dead already. That's where it stops.

More like he's in a sudden unexplained coma-paging Dr. House(and yes,I know House isn't real :mrgreen: )
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

kater23 wrote:

More like he's in a sudden unexplained coma-paging Dr. House(and yes,I know House isn't real :mrgreen: )
Exactly.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

For us rebels here, James Bond ends with DAD (yes, it could done better with better dialogue and less CGI).
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correct FBF. Once Pierce jumped off the ringing bell in DAD, it tolled the end of the franchise. It was at that time the highest grossing Bond film ever and Pierce demanded more than Eon would pay, so they trashed him and the casting couch louse was elevated by Broccoli herself to the role and Dench's character changed to be a mother figure to a Bond she just promoted to a 00 agent in CR. The rest is history. The end of an era. Star Trek awaits, right FBF?
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

Die Another Day is non Cannonical for me, it was just too cheap and videogamy *and this is coming from a near life long gamer, ive been alive 26 years, been gaming 20 of them. The script was awfull, the CGI looked bad even when new and is worse now (was it me or did they use Quake II engine despite Quake III engine being out?) hally berry makes me want to tear my own eyes out!, its so pro 'murica it makes even Rambo II (one of my favourite films BTW) look politically unbiased!, and half the cast acted like they just couldnt be bothered..

for me, the Last James Bond Film Is Tommorow Never Dies.

Why TND? well i am afraid that Even with bruce feirstein re-writing a lot of the script, The World Is Not Enough is still utterly awfull for me due to denise richards cardboard cutout performance, and elektra king being completly and totally unsufferable, a woman controlling the most dangerous terrorist on earth at the time? ....DONT MAKE ME LAUGH! the elektra/renard realtionship should have been the other way around, typical perv and waste surrendering to the insane will of the drakenvoman brocolli!. although i do accept it was the fault of bruce feirstein that we got these femynazi "equal" bond girls thanks to natalya in goldeneye, its a trend that went well past its sell by date in that very film. by TWINE, it was smelling distinctly putrid, but then, when you have a rampanlty sociopathic femenyst behind the wheel.... you cant expect anything else. ( i do NOT like tough, indipendant women, ok, so maybe that makes me a chavaunist, a genus of the porcine variety, and worst of all, male! but, thats just me, they make me feel rather nauseus!)

the Last Bond Adventure, for me, is Everything Or Nothing on Ps2, Bond died on his way back from moscow when his plane was bounced by a Russian Mig.

oh, on Star Trek, i personally, just cannot get on with the reboot, i quess that, for me, no one can replace Shatner and Nimoy as Kirk and Spock. they should have given us a new, Post Voyager Era, cannon continuation , possibly Riker's tenure as captain of the USS Enterprise G (Columbia Class), or the oft Mooted Captain Worf spin-off with Micheal Dorn and Tony Todd, not a non cannonical "alt universe" version of TOS. I quess its my aspergers talking there though in my inability to accept the new cast as the legendary crew. its like casting Stallone as Picard...it just does not compute!

for me, Expendables III is my next "must see" film. good old fashioned 1980s popcorn movie cheese.
God Save The Queen.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

A lot of Bond fans like to act like Dud Anoher Day never happened :P :P
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

kater23 wrote:A lot of Bond fans like to act like Dud Anoher Day never happened :P :P
That makes me one of them. :D
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicts that an earthquake will hit the country’s capital of Tehran and displace its 12 million residents. The cause of the catastrophic quake? Promiscuous women, reports The Guardian.
“Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes,” Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, a senior Iranian cleric and seismologist, was quoted by Iranian media.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

bjmdds wrote:Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicts that an earthquake will hit the country’s capital of Tehran and displace its 12 million residents. The cause of the catastrophic quake? Promiscuous women, reports The Guardian.
“Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes,” Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, a senior Iranian cleric and seismologist, was quoted by Iranian media.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Scary part is too many in power there believe this.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:
kater23 wrote:A lot of Bond fans like to act like Dud Anoher Day never happened :P :P
That makes me one of them. :D
MOre pretend QOS never happened.

DAD was great the first half then went sci-fi to show how far the series had come in 40 years, the invisible cars wasn't necessary although the technology behind it was not as fantastic as some detractors said it was. DNA stuff and the white North Korean was too far and the not sleeping, the other CGI spectaculars stuff was not necessary for the story either IMO were there to show off how hip Bond was to the Matrix generation.

Even with the problems I see in DAD it was infinitely more enjoyable than CR.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Kim Kar-trashian. Where's FBF and The Sweeney? Read this garbage from Brosnan: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/enterta ... 2hzu0.html These lunatics are out to destroy Fleming's creation. This guy is also 50 years old NOW. This insanity must stop :!: FBF, you have a second candidate now to join Idris in your quest to drown the franchise's future under the leadership of Broccoli. Sweeney will be quite upset as well if this madness continues. It's only a matter of time before Logan has his Bond kiss another man.....just a matter of time. :down:
Personally, I think the next Bond should be Indian, Persian or Chinese. That would make perfect sense to me, seeing as this is a new era, and nothing to do with what Fleming wrote. Modern audiences are crying out for a black Bond, or an Indian Bond. It's so obvious, and furthermore, there are no decent English white actors left on the market in the UK. Salmon is the best we have on offer.

Brosnan has hit the nail firmly on the head with his highly intelligent insight. He certainly knows his Fleming. Just take a look at his movies. His word is gospel when it comes to Bond.
Presumably Daniel Craig does "not know his Fleming" as well as he called for a "coloured" Bond to be cast in 2008.

Craig is just as big a fool as Brozza for coming out with such ludicrous statements too, although at least he had the saving grace and common sense to say about Fleming, "I think he'd probably turn in his grave, at the thought of a black Bond".
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Sweeney wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

Craig is just as big a fool as Brozza for coming out with such ludicrous statements too, although at least he had the saving grace and common sense to say about Fleming, "I think he'd probably turn in his grave, at the thought of a black Bond".
Exactly, Fleming will not just spin in his grave, but probably would rise from his tomb as a zombie. It's all about showbiz now, and casting a black Bond is inevitable, because they are AFRAID to be called "racists" (the journalists and magazine authors I'm talking about) they will definitely suggest a black Actor to play Bond, and then trademark goes on and on. What they did to Nick Fury was extremely offensive, such as Samuel L. Jackson being Fury, come on, at least David Hasselhoff was trying to be the character (Fury) he was playing, but all we got from Samuel Jackson is that he was STILL being Samuel L. Jackson. Alright, what's next? Why not cast someone white to play John Shaft, now? or Alex Cross perhaps? That would work equally, don't you think?