The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

If I see her, which I doubt, I will send her your regards from California :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hey gang get a load of this comment from the rotten 'egg: {After wrapping his role as Bond in “Skyfall,” Craig said he was over the spy business.“I’ve been trying to get out of this the very moment I got into it,” he admitted.} Isn't that a nice thing to say about Bond? I wonder what his casting couch heiress at Eon thinks about this now? http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/node/136992 Put this on the front page of this marvelous website................in BOLD print :!: :!: :!: SMIERT to his Bond career now once and for all. Why is he taking so much money then for the next two? He is full of it :!: He wants people to think he is better than Bond as an actor but in reality he knows it's his ONLY meal ticket because he is such a glorious box office bust outside of Bond.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

If his heart isn't in it why is he bothering?I do wonder if it's a money related thing.Sure, he gets residuals from the Bond films but the other stuff he's done?not so much.

High paid actors and actresses having financial issues is not as uncommon as you might think-Lena Headey,who plays Cersei on Game Of Thrones just announced that she is flat broke.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Hey gang get a load of this comment from the rotten 'egg: {After wrapping his role as Bond in “Skyfall,” Craig said he was over the spy business.“I’ve been trying to get out of this the very moment I got into it,” he admitted.} Isn't that a nice thing to say about Bond?
It's a quote I've seen before, in a couple of different places. Not sure whether that means he's said it more than once, or just that the stories are all based on the same interview.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Craig is pursuing lots of non film projects: he has signed up to be a circus dwarf later this year.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:If his heart isn't in it why is he bothering?I do wonder if it's a money related thing.Sure, he gets residuals from the Bond films but the other stuff he's done?not so much.

High paid actors and actresses having financial issues is not as uncommon as you might think-Lena Headey,who plays Cersei on Game Of Thrones just announced that she is flat broke.
She is what!!! :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Yup.She's broke. Dealing with a nasty divorce left her with $5 in the bankAnd she's got a toddler. :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Peter Noone was great last night :!: :up: You can see him at the "1 hour:30 minute" mark in a 25 minute set. We were sitting in 5th row but off screen on the far right.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Hey, someone from(I think)DCINB friended me on Facebook-trying to figure out who it is!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Yup.She's broke. Dealing with a nasty divorce left her with $5 in the bankAnd she's got a toddler. :shock:
Man thats a eye opener! She is successful and she spent it all , luckily shell get another year of working as hbo renewed game of thrones another for season 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

New fan-fiction if anyone wants to join in.
Linky

I was inspired by some discussions here so I tired to work out a scene with "Bond" & M just to have Bond say the F bomb as he Daniel does on daily basis. No idea what the mission should be if it goes any further I'd welcome any direction :cheers:

[spoil][dropshadow=blue]Bullet with Butterfly Wings[/dropshadow]

A Babs & Buster Broccoli 007 Adventure

Chapter One: Nymphalis Polychloris

Bond morosely traversed the gravel driveway in the drizzly dark of early evening. The pitch black of the back of the house was broken up by the warm spread of light from M’s study, giving the shadows extra menace. Arriving at the double paned Andersen French doors (R) he tapped gently letting M know he had arrived. M lifted her attention from what she was doing at the large table in her study to tell Bond to come in.

‘It’s open!’ she called

Bond nodded his understanding then proceeded to smash the glass out of the frame nearest the door handle opening the door from the inside.

‘What the bloody hell!!!!” M bellowed her voice screeching.

‘Yes, mum it is raining a bit.’ Bond replied in dull monotone.

M’s vision went red, there were broken shards of glass where her grandchildren played and now the plush carpeting was absorbing the rain trickling from the broken pane mixing with the mud Bond had tracked in when he didn’t bother to wipe his damned feet. To top it all he was wearing that damned hoodie with the atheist symbol again. She noted the rest of his attire had the sensibility of a complete chav. As he stood in front of her she could hear the din of music blaring from the ear buds in his odd Mr Potato Head (tm) ears.

Gawd, she thought, I’m sooo going to have somebody shoot his ass off a moving train! She mused it would have to be in one of those countries without labour laws, Turkey maybe.

M motioned to her ears indicating Bond should remove his earbuds as he did she could hear ‘The World is a Vampire’ by the Smashing Pumpkins, Bond sadly pressed pause on his iPhone 5 (tm), the silence of the real world was deafening to him.
‘It would be nice to see the face of one whom I am speaking.’

Bond slid the hoodie back removing his face from the shadow, M could barely hide her revulsion. The young thirty three year old agent looked like Vladimir Putin’s worn out stunt double, one who had taken one too many on the chin at that.

Bond tried to offer M his friendliest smile, it lasted only a fraction of a second before his face rejected it. The secret agent studied the table and what must one of M’s hobbies, the table was covered in butterflies. Bond examined the specimen at the tip of M’s Fingers.

‘Is that a f**king Monarch?’ has asked in all earnestness.

M looked at Bond in disbelief, she couldn’t decide if he was trying to be insulting or just stupid?

‘Look here 007.....’[/spoil]
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

kater23 wrote:Hey, someone from(I think)DCINB friended me on Facebook-trying to figure out who it is!
I don't do that, it kinda worries me, we keep Facebook for family only since we have names and pictures of our kids on it.

Hope it's not Nash :shock:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Dr. No wrote:
kater23 wrote:Hey, someone from(I think)DCINB friended me on Facebook-trying to figure out who it is!
I don't do that, it kinda worries me, we keep Facebook for family only since we have names and pictures of our kids on it.

Hope it's not Nash :shock:

Yep, my Facebook is primarily family though I do have quite a few friends on there(amazing how many of my family members are on Facebook-my two older nephews and college age niece are Facebook friends of mine!)

Nash..I think he would know better.At least I think so.But given how he was acting right before he got banned for good I'm not so sure.. I'm careful. If I had even the slightest suspicion that that person was Nash I would turn their a$$ down in a heartbeat.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DUFFY: ‘DALLAS’ WILL RISE AGAIN
“Dallas” may never return to its “Who Shot J.R.?” heyday of the 1980s, but its star Patrick Duffy says TNT isn’t ready to put a bullet in the once wildly popular drama’s reboot just yet.
Despite so-so ratings, “Dallas” 2.0 will be back for a third season and the show has a funeral to thank for its new life, Duffy said.
Sources tell us network bosses were nervous that show icon Larry (“J.R.”) Hagman’s death in November combined with subpar ratings could spell trouble. But Duffy, who plays J.R.’s brother Bobby Ewing, said, “A network like TNT and Warner Brothers look at the trend. ... They are ecstatic with what ‘Dallas’ is doing and as long as we continue that in the demographics of 18-40, we are their golden child.”
It doesn’t hurt that after a so-so start, “Dallas” scored season high ratings with the funeral of Hagman’s J.R. character earlier this month. The memorial episode attracted 3.6 million viewers, well above this season’s average of 2.6 million. Duffy thinks it’ll only get better next season.
“The summer is the perfect time on cable television because none of the other networks are premiering anything,” he said. :up: :up: :up: :cheers:

Source: NY Daily News
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

BJ, I saw they're having a big Beatlefest in New York next year.I won't say I'm not tempted!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In New York next year. It's their 40th anniversary of these conventions here. "With all that going on in one Beatles filled weekend, the biggest buzz was our announcement of our return to New York City for our big 40th anniversary FEST, where it all started – The Grand Hyatt Hotel on 42nd St. It was the Commodore Hotel when we began in 1974. The dates we have are the EXACT 50th Anniversary of The Beatles Arrival in America – Friday -Sunday, FEBRUARY 7-9, 2014. We have already started planning to make this the biggest and best one ever! Reservations can now be made at the Grand Hyatt by calling 212-883-1234. Be sure to tell them you are coming to the FEST to get the great rate (for NYC) of only $219.00 per night. Or go to the Hyatt Site where you can reserve your rooms online. Even though the hotel is very large, our room block is anticipated to fill up. We hope you can join us for this historic FEST."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

More "psychological" Bruce Wayne-ish exploration by Nolan in Superman: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 36825.html .........and no Krptonite :!: :roll:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Stephen Hawking says humans are doomed unless we leave Earth
14 hrs ago
Stephen Hawking knows a thing or two about how the universe works. So when the renowned physicist issues a warning that our time on Earth is running out, it’s probably worth hearing him out. Hawking recently told an audience at L.A.’s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center that, if mankind would like to continue existing, we need to get off this rock of ours — pronto (well, in science years). Hawking said human beings "won't survive another 1,000 years without escaping our fragile planet," and that we need to continue space exploration so we can get off this sinking ship called Earth. Time to rethink those NASA budget cuts?
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

if pyongyang has anything to do with it, we wont last another 1000 days, let alone a thousand years...

no disrespect to the incredible stephen hawking but, come on, were only 10 years from the holodeck, and we already have warp drive, albiet its the size of a large city at the moment, its called the cern reactor... within 80 years, my lifetime (i 'ope),. we will probably be colonising the next solar system via something not too dissimilar to NCC-1701-A herself.

trust me, if armageddon is going to come, it will be a nuclear holocaust against North korea and/or Red China sometime in the immenent future. not earth imploding in 1000 years.
God Save The Queen.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

This weekend's BO, 42 deserves a better name. I had no idea what it was about.
1) 42 Warner Bros $27.2 million

2) Scary Movie 5 (Dimension Films) - $15.1 million

3) The Croods (DreamWorks Animation) - $13.2 million Total: $142.5 million

4) G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Paramount Pictures) - $10.5 million Total: $102 million

5) Evil Dead (TriStar Pictures) - $9.5 million Total: $41.5 million

6) Jurassic Park (Universal Pictures) - $8.8 million Total; $31.9 million

7) Olympus Has Fallen (FilmDistrict) - $7.2 million Total: $81.8 million

8) Oz the Great and Powerful (Walt Disney Pictures) - $4.9 million Total: $219.4 million

9) Tyler Perry's Temptation (Lionsgate) - $4.4 million Total: $45.3 million

10) The Place Beyond the Pines (Focus Features) - $4 million Total: $5.4 million