The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

FBF pegged this last year..........it's all over.......the new Bond films are not for us. For this film to gross over $200 million in the USA is ridiculous. Times are changing and not for the good. Keep churning out those protest avatars for FBF's directive is in full mode now :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

'Gangnam Style' is most-watched clip on YouTube
Nov. 24, 2012, 11:59 AM EST
Billboard

PSY's "Gangnam Style" is now the most-watched YouTube video of all time. The 4:13 clip from the South Korean rapper has earned approximately 803,761,000 views since it was posted on July 15.

Early on Saturday, that total passed the longtime YouTube champ -- the music video for Justin Bieber's "Baby," which has garnered 803,732,000 views since its February 2010 release.

Bing: PSY signs with Justin Bieber's manager

"Gangnam Style" already set YouTube's record for the Most Liked video ever posted to the site, with its total now standing at 5.3 million Likes and 323,000 Dislikes. Bieber's "Baby" clip has 1.4 million Likes and 3.1 million Dislikes. Bieber's "Baby" clip enjoyed an impressive run at the top of the YouTube heap, becoming the most-watched video on the site in July 2010. At that time, the clip had collected more than 246 million views to leapfrog over Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance."
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF pegged this last year..........it's all over.......the new Bond films are not for us. For this film to gross over $200 million in the USA is ridiculous. Times are changing and not for the good. Keep churning out those protest avatars for FBF's directive is in full mode now :!:
Henry Cavill can forget about starring in a Bond film. He should stick with Superman, Epic films, 50 Shades and other things that are not Bond.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cavill is history. We know where the Green Vegetable is headed next with her artsy Bond actors.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Cavill is history. We know where the Green Vegetable is headed next with her artsy Bond actors.
Do we have Marilyn Manson type person in the UK or in Australia?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Paul Hogan is too old. We need someone younger and uglier.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

BrosnanIsBond007 wrote:OK sorry I gotta vent about some friends drinkin' the Craig kool aid real quick -

A bunch of us had just seen Skyfall and were talking about how good it was, and I mentioned how I really loved the opening credits sequence + theme song, and Bardem as the villain. Then it just got into most of them gushing for Craig and saying it was great when he fixed his cuffs on the train after the crane (I think) was destroyed and how it was so suave and cool. So I mentioned how Brosnan was so BA in The World is Not Enough that he fixed his tie underwater during the boat chase on the Thames, and they pause and one of them says "Nah...that's too over the top for me." and everyone agrees. Wtf...sooo it's cool for Craig to do it but not Brosnan? I also mentioned how Goldeneye is still my favorite Bond film and how the characters and storyline is so great...thankfully one friend agrees but everyone else says Skyfall is their favorite. One of them thought it was so terrible they had to ask me if I'd "seen Goldeneye lately?" Yes, right after seeing Skyfall, because though I liked it, it made me want to go watch a better Bond movie. And guess what? It's still really good.

OK, enough of that :cuss: It's just annoying! It's like all pre-Craig Bond movies are irrelevant now.
I saw a clip where Craig did this he looked too smug to pull it off I didn't think it worked as well as with the other Bonds.
New movies tend to be everyone favorites until the next or a few year have gone by. Goldeneye is a Great Bond movie I think it was superior to most of the movies including the reboot/prequels. It's weird after Craig came a long if you didn't like him, dared to criticize the choice you were not a Bond fan, didn't know Fleming, or were a bigot. Maybe all three.
There were people who said Brosnan fans were queers because he wasn't a real man like Craig and/or Brosnan was so/too pretty. The attacks were everywhere thankfully most of that has died away but some of it unfortunately has informed too many young people who bought the spin. I think we'll see Brosnan better remember as time goes by if Dalton and Lazenby are resurrected heroes then Brosnan will be a god ;)

A friend of mine said he thought Craig was a Nikita Bond, more a unpolished street gang guy than a educated man. He likes Skyfall but thinks other of the movies were done better. I think for some it is easier to separate Craig from what bond is supposed to be, a protoBond, then there are those of us who say hey Craig may be a decent guy but he isn't really Bond material. Jame Bond of 40 years and 14 books was not the guy I saw running around CR taking perverse pleasure watching a guy get blown up at the airport.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

Blimey........latest estimates as of Sunday, are that 'SF' now stands at a whopping $790 mil worldwide. :o
Opening in Australia was around $12.5 mil.

US gross just shy of $222 mil..........film now looks certian to pass $250 mil in that market with relative ease.

With Bond doing very good business in North America, and in holdover markets Internationally, and with another new big market next weekend with Japan...
SF should be able to reach $900 mil before xmas!

Theres a very remote chance 'SF', could reach $1 bill, but it would need a huge gross in China next year of some $80 mil+ to reach that target, and it would need our friend 'Sweeney' to see the film a few more times as well :D ..... but i think overall 'SF' should reach $925-950 mil when every last dollar is counted from its run in theatres worldwide!

EA
Last edited by English Agent on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

English Agent wrote:Blimey........latest estimates as of Sunday, are that 'SF' now stands at a whopping $790 mil worldwide. :o
This is such an insult to Harry Potter.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

English Agent wrote:Blimey........latest estimates as of Sunday, are that 'SF' now stands at a whopping $790 mil worldwide. :o
Opening in Australia was around $12.5 mil.

US gross just shy of $222 mil..........film now looks certian to pass $250 mil in that market with relative ease.

With Bond doing very good business in North America, and in holdover markets Internationally, and with another new big market next weekend with Japan...
SF should be able to reach $900 mil before xmas!

Theres a very remote chance 'SF', could reach $1 bill, but it would need a huge gross in China next year of some $80 mil+ to reach that target, and it would need our friend 'Sweeney' to see the film a few more times as well :D ..... but i think overall 'SF' should reach $925-950 mil when every last dollar is counted from its run in theatres worldwide!

EA
Since it didn't drop it could do what you say. China is anybody guess. I've gone in to detail over what they are doing there I'd say $30 million to $50 is easy $80 to $100 is a possibility cause other movies have done it, depends on the Chinese government.

Taken 2 is finally off the top ten :007:
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:I think for some it is easier to separate Craig from what bond is supposed to be, a protoBond, then there are those of us who say hey Craig may be a decent guy but he isn't really Bond material.
But the general public will not separate DC's Bond from classic Bonds, and this is why the freaks will have to be sent in as the next James Bonds once DC retires.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The minions have spoken. They cannot get enough of Bond 23. Broccoli has brainwashed the hapless lot successfully. It does not bode well for the next Bond, in 2022, because selecting a handsome actor after staring at Cr-egg's mug for 16 years will be too shocking for the public. They want trash, they got trash, they accepted trash, and trash should replace him too. FBF, have you started up the list for the freaks and weirdos poll yet to see who we judge as the best possible candidate to play the next Bond? Limit the list to 10 weirdos. Let's see who wins. Put George Steele and Manson on the list and add 8 more. Make it a good list with pictures under each name for the LIST OF LISTS to see who should replace the grunge in 2022, after Broccoli turns 62 and MGW is retired from active duty.
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

Yes, please post a list with pictures FBF :)

How much longer can MGW carry on as a Bond producer???
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

English Agent wrote:Yes, please post a list with pictures FBF :)

As far as I'm concerned, Michael Wilson is no longer a Bond producer. He's a zombie that mindlessly goes along with Barbara's craziness.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

English Agent wrote:Yes, please post a list with pictures FBF :)

I just watched his GE cameo on the CLOO cable channel. I have been watching a lot of the true Bond films this holiday weekend, except for the eggster ones, on cable tv. Do not worry EA, FBF will compile his soon to be unveiled world famous LIST OF LISTS to vote on the next weirdo Bond in 2022 when Broccoli is 62 years old and has had enough.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/11/25/ma ... ve-rumors/ It's all about other franchises now. Superman gets beaten up by a woman from Krypton possibly? :roll: :shock: Ale, what say yee to this if true? http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169771 ... bbit.jhtml
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Superman Is A Prince – In keeping with the tradition of making radical changes to superhero origins in the movies, there is a rumor that Superman will be portrayed as a lost Kryptonian prince, who is prophesized to save the world. This rumor comes from ThinkMcFlyThink.com who claims that it’s a concept that Warner Bros. salvaged from the J.J. Abrams Superman: Flyby script. :shock: :roll: :shock: :down:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

During a promotional interview for his latest film Life of Pi, director Ang Lee spoke to Vulture about his disappointing 2003 superhero effort Hulk, expressing his regret at not delivering a fun take on the Green Goliath more akin to his recent appearance in The Avengers: "I learned quite a bit about CG from Hulk, and I wouldn't have been able to do Life of Pi without that. But it's easier to create an animal, because there exists a good reference — so a tiger or a hyena is easier than a 2,000-pound rage monster. The hardest thing to do is the weight, not the skin, because there's no reference for something that size that is agile. And the technology's improved, so you can have more details with Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. My problem is that I took the whole thing too seriously. I should have had more fun with it, instead of all the psychodrama..!" (At least he finally admits his own movie was horrible with psychodrama. Now Broccoli must admit it. FBF, a new weirdo avatar for you to include for your soon to be LIST OF LISTS: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SGNbs_lXf8w/U ... 5B1%5D.jpg )
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Make it a good list with pictures under each name for the LIST OF LISTS to see who should replace the grunge in 2022, after Broccoli turns 62 and MGW is retired from active duty.
Here's my list so far.

Paul Heyman

Mark Henry

Vanilla Ice

Carrot Top

Marilyn Manson

Lucky Diamond Rich

The Stalking Cat

The Lizardman

Big Daddy V

The Blue Man Group

I could have put in George The Animal Steele, but he's too old now so I put in Big Daddy V and Mark Henry in the his place. Anyway, there's more freaks & weirdos out there. And here's the Freaks & Weirdos thread so if you want to post pictures of them, go here.

http://www.danielcraigisnotbond.com/for ... =12&t=3334