The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Gala Brand
Lieutenant

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Gala Brand »

Thirty-fifty million for Skyfall in China? Ghost Protocol did $101 million in China and Skyfall has already outperformed Ghost Protocol in most territories after just three weeks. Why shouldn't Skyfall make more than $100 million in China?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It's refreshing to compare Pierce's work as Bond to this camel-like hump of a Bond currently in the role.............right FBF? B.I.B. is a welcome addition to this forum. :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What happened to the talk of Bond 23 doing TDKR numbers?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Gala Brand wrote:Thirty-fifty million for Skyfall in China? Ghost Protocol did $101 million in China and Skyfall has already outperformed Ghost Protocol in most territories after just three weeks. Why shouldn't Skyfall make more than $100 million in China?
Why should it do as much as that?
Anything is possible but China has rigged their market so Batman and Spider-man couldn't do more than they did. Maybe 2012 looking at would show more Hollywood breakouts in china

MI and Bourne were never in the same place as Bond, Bond has only ever been a movies series and both of those have roots that include TV.

I looked this up because China is such a mystery, they limited the number of foreign films to come in their market to 20 a year, big news last February was they expanded it to include 14 Imax and 3d
Foreign film companies will also be permitted to take a 25% cut of the box office
Despite how much we give them they complain about our movies, making them fight for the same audience to help boost Chinese films.
I'm saying is Bond or any Hollywood movie could make hundreds of million I don't think they will let us, I think MI4 opened their eyes. I also read there is a new year holiday called "Golden Week holiday" they do not want the hobbit or Bond in theaters during that week (so after February 15th). I think MI4 was in theaters during that week last year. Maybe somebody can check that to see if it is true.
"The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider Man" were thrown together at the end of August, just days before "Expendables 2" and "Prometheus" bowed the same weekend on the mainland. Altogether, those films earned $191.3 million at the Chinese box office, roughly half of what they could have had they launched separately, according to knowledgeable observers.

In July, Universal's "The Lorax" and 20th Century Fox's "Ice Age: Continental Drift" opened the same day
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just found out where one of our valued contributors got his user name from.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Anyone seen the newest Rolling Stone(the American version) Daniel Craig is on the cover and there's a big interview with him. "Lulzy" doesn't even begin to describe it. Also, there's a picture with him and Rachel Weisz and her son(cute kid).

Sweeney will love this-the place we're staying at during the Thanksgiving holiday Glen Tavern Hotel was a hangout of Steve McQueen. 8)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Life of Pi
Adventure Fox 2,700
Red Dawn (2012)
Action FilmDistrict 2,600+
Rise of the Guardians
Animation Paramount (DreamWorks) 3,500 (These 3 come out in 2 days. More descent for Cr-egg with competition. The Hobbit ends it. With DC signed on until 2016 there is no reason to care about what goes on any longer with Bond any way. FBF, finalize your directive now.)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:It's refreshing to compare Pierce's work as Bond to this camel-like hump of a Bond currently in the role.............right FBF? B.I.B. is a welcome addition to this forum. :cheers:
Bond vs Bond is a thing in the past. It's now Bond vs other franchises/movies, which includes Pierce's upcoming films.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Life of Pi
Adventure Fox 2,700
Red Dawn (2012)
Action FilmDistrict 2,600+
Rise of the Guardians
Animation Paramount (DreamWorks) 3,500 (These 3 come out in 2 days. More descent for Cr-egg with competition. The Hobbit ends it. With DC signed on until 2016 there is no reason to care about what goes on any longer with Bond any way. FBF, finalize your directive now.)
Since I'm saving my money to buy all formats of Rises and the Battrilogy, I'm down to either Guardians or Red Dawn.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Estimates were almost accurate this week.

Man how did Twilight not break $150 million!? Could the breakup have cost them at the BO?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The good folks at Rifftrax have a poll to find the worst movie of 2012. Skyfall is one of the options, so be sure to go and vote.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Apparently Sam Mendes could come back to direct Bond 24, and he says that he has an idea for it: http://www.totalfilm.com/news/skyfall-s ... or-bond-24
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:What happened to the talk of Bond 23 doing TDKR numbers?
Yeah, Sweeney's FilmNav website ran a story that it was "set to gross a billion dollars" before the bloody thing was even released, apparantly based on nothing more than the gushing early reviews. Even the usually reputable Box Office Mojo's projections for a 40% second weekend dropoff proved to be overly optimistic (it turned out to be 53%, with 50% generally considered to be the dividing line between success and failure for a wide release). Let's hope their predictions of a $900 million worldwide total prove to be similarly misplaced.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I hear Craig went to Afghanistan . I give him a lot of credit for going there
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Any Taken 2 fans?
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

bjmdds wrote:Any Taken 2 fans?
........yes...me! :)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

English Agent wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Any Taken 2 fans?
........yes...me! :)
Its had an unnatural life for such a mediocre movie. I haven't seen it because I plan on buying a UV code when it come out, $4, it maybe better than the ratings it got but d**n it kept lingering, still is.

Skyfall is doing $4 & 5 mil days, Vampires are doing $10 & 11 mil, If spyfall falls more with the new movies out today is the question, possibility it gets more more business because of the holiday, I kind of think not since the fans have gone already and stuff like Red Dawn play to the causal fans.

OK what the hell is the Life of PI and why is it in 3000 theaters? 3.14159
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It is a character driven Mendes film about cake, how dough becomes mixed with fruit, gets baked in a oven, and then pleases those that eat it.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You too :!: