The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Best interpretations of Cr-egg as Bond I have seen.
That YouTube poop actually made Quantum Of Solace more watchable. :lol:
I found it even more headache-inducing than the original. I did laugh at the George of the Jungle bit, though.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

A big question still hangs in the air about how many jobless Americans are simply not being counted in the unemployment figures. The unemployment rate only includes people who have looked for work in the prior four weeks. Workers who have given up on the job market are not counted.
Only 63.3% of the civilian population, over age 16, is either working or looking for a job. That's the lowest labor force participation rate since May 1979.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Saturday Update: Iron Man 3 debuted to a massive $68.31 million on Friday, which ranks eighth all-time for opening day. It was noticeably behind The Avengers ($80.8 million), but was also way up on Iron Man 2 ($51.2 million). If it plays like those movies for the rest of the weekend, it will wind up with a weekend gross between $170 and $175 million, which will rank second all-time (behind The Avengers).

Friday A.M. Update: Disney is reporting that Iron Man 3 earned $15.6 million from Thursday evening shows in the U.S. That's a bit lower than the midnight opening for The Avengers last year ($18.7 million). This essentially ensures that Iron Man 3 won't match The Avengers for the weekend, considering it's much easier to fill seats at 9 p.m. than at midnight.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

EON had a convention to discuss Bond 24 recently: Carl should get a kick out of this skit :!: In light of Broccoli's new image of Bond, it might be time for Vince McMahon http://stockmarkettoday.in/wp-content/u ... -vince.jpg to buy into Eon and exert his influence into what the Bond of Broccoli's era should be like. Vince has all the talent to promote his version of Bond and he certainly has a host of characters to choose from. :idea:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun May 05, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

SUNDAY 3 AM, 8TH UPDATE: Disney/Marvel Iron Man 3 kicked off the North American summer movie season in 4,253 theaters with $68.3M Friday and a very good -6% hold for $64M Saturday. With a -20% Sunday, that’s a $171M-$175M domestic weekend which puts it on a path to the #2 biggest Friday-Saturday-Sunday opening ever (now occupied by Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 with $169.2M). But it’s behind #1 The Avengers and its $207.4M. Audiences gave Iron Man 3 a coveted ’A’ CinemaScore so word of mouth should stay strong. Its international cume to date was $388.3M Friday for a global box office of $520.6M which will be updated today. Internationally, the 10-day run of the Robert Downey Jr-starring/Shane Black-directed actioner has passed the total international box office of Captain America ($192M), Iron Man ($267M), Thor ($268M) and Iron Man 2 ($312M). Overseas it will be playing in 54 territories by the end of the weekend after beginning its international rollout on April 24, debuting #1 in every territory and setting the biggest opening weekend of all time in Latin America and Asia Pacific and the biggest opening of 2013 in Europe. The worldwide cume expected through Sunday is $650M. Here ar the new Iron Man 3 cumulative results going into Saturday: China $40.0M, Korea $31.8M, United Kingdom $30.2M, Mexico $29.5M, France $24.8M, Australia $23.8M, Brazil $22.9M, Italy $15.4M, Taiwan $12.6M, Russia $12.5M, Japan $12.3M, Philippines $10.9M, India $9.2M, Malaysia $9.0M, Hong Kong $8.9M, Indonesia $8.7M, Spain $7.7M, other markets $78.1M.
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

i REALLY wish these blasted reporters would get their genres correct, iron man has never been, and can never be, an "actioner". its a fantasy adventure, and NOT a very good one (its based on marvel, so it cannot be good, marvel had an OK period in the 1980s, but, has always been the weak "kiddie fweidly" part of the comic industry. i dont want saccharine "romance", hair destroyingly ANNOYING precocious 10 year olds who need a darn good slippering to teach them some respect and manners!, or "goody two shoes" moralising,in my adventure movies, or for that matter, in my comics)

sorry critics, but it is made by the wrong publisher (disney), it is based on the wrong comic publisher (Marvel), and has far too low an age certficte (12a) to be an "Actioner".

a true "Comic Book actioner" would be published by lionsgate, based on a comic from Legendary, Top Cow or Dark Horse (preferably something from Frank Miller or Mark Millar), and would have the, in my opinion Mandatory for a proper "actioner", R-18 certifcate..

i wish these darn reporters would get their genres right..

Iron Man is "fantasy adventure.."

Current Bond is "Bleak Emo Drama"

The Expendables is an "Actioner"

sorry, just had to get that off my chest before i threw my computer out the window in frustration at mindless reporters. :evil:
God Save The Queen.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

This weekends numbers, Iron Man is King! I get what some are saying about problems with IM3 and I don't compare it to Bond except in being escapism and the one scene were he raided the house was classic Bond like, i could see Dalton or Brosnan doing it. It's a better movie than Spyfall but I'm wondering what a billion dollar movie is any more I think IM3 will be in the billionaires club, not sure it is a billion dollar movie in the same way we used to consider blockbuster we that hit the mark.
1. "Iron Man 3," $175.3 million ($175.9 million international).

2. "Pain & Gain," $7.6 million.

3. "42," $6.2 million.

4. "Oblivion," $5.8 million ($6.5 million international).

5. "The Croods," $4.2 million ($9 million international).

6. "The Big Wedding," $3.9 million.

7. "Mud," $2.2 million.

8. "Oz the Great and Powerful," $1.8 million.

9. "Scary Movie 5," $1.4 million.

10. "The Place Beyond the Pines," $1.3 million.
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:EON had a convention to discuss Bond 24 recently: Carl should get a kick out of this skit :!: In light of Broccoli's new image of Bond, it might be time for Vince McMahon http://stockmarkettoday.in/wp-content/u ... -vince.jpg to buy into Eon and exert his influence into what the Bond of Broccoli's era should be like. Vince has all the talent to promote his version of Bond and he certainly has a host of characters to choose from. :idea:
Sheamus and his fellow WWE stars for Bond.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Glorious England wrote:i REALLY wish these blasted reporters would get their genres correct, iron man has never been, and can never be, an "actioner".
The film presumably features plenty of action, so while the report may not fit your personal definition of the word, it's hard to see how it's actually wrong.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:EON had a convention to discuss Bond 24 recently: Carl should get a kick out of this skit :!: In light of Broccoli's new image of Bond,
A classic :cheers:

I've been watching this
Bring back Bond!
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

The reason I personally hate Marvel is that because:
1-It's a property of Disney.
2-It messes up with kids' minds.
3-The stories are extremely ridiculous.
4-Most of the elements are annoying.
5-All these "supernatural" stuff are well-focused.
6-Sometimes there are plenty of satan-supporting references, which disgusts me to the core.
7-Emos think Marvel is everything, and decide to turn to that rubbish Disney-products, which is why we have pervert-minded teenagers in our society nowadays.
8-Need I say more?

Note: The post I made does not dispute anyone's opinions and is not a reply (be it direct or indirect) to anyone. This is just my personal opinion on Marvel, as I always hated them.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, Pierce's film only debuted her in 4 theatres? :roll: :^o): :shock: Love is All You Need: $36,746 4 theatres :!: Why does he get mixed up with such drek?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Bleak Emo Drama is my new nickname for Bond 24 :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, Pierce's film only debuted her in 4 theatres? :roll: :^o): :shock: Love is All You Need: $36,746 4 theatres :!: Why does he get mixed up with such drek?
It doesn't look as bad as I Don't Know How She Does It, but now is REALLY the time we need him in the action movie realm.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Pierce needs new agents. An Iron Man 3 spoiler, if interested, at a peek: http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/0nbdO ... ndarin.gif Also, a POST-credit spoiler alert for Iron Man 3, if so interested at another peek: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 21325.html
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Pierce needs new agents. An Iron Man 3 spoiler, if interested, at a peek: http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/0nbdO ... ndarin.gif Also, a POST-credit spoiler alert for Iron Man 3, if so interested at another peek: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 21325.html
BJ....tell me if you already saw IM3. And please don't give out any spoilers for non-Bond films here. Save the spoilers for James Bond as he's nothing special anymore, and that the general public has sold its very own soul to DC's Bond through Skyfall. And PLEASE no spoilers for STID, good or bad.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

No, not yet, maybe soon. That's why I only posted the link, just in case you don't want to know the details. I know who wins Survivor next Sunday on CBS without it being aired yet. I know who wins The Bachelor before it even starts being shown on ABC. I like knowing things the masses have yet to see. I know you will pass on the Depp debacle coming in July.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:This weekends numbers, Iron Man is King! I get what some are saying about problems with IM3 and I don't compare it to Bond except in being escapism and the one scene were he raided the house was classic Bond like, i could see Dalton or Brosnan doing it. It's a better movie than Spyfall but I'm wondering what a billion dollar movie is any more I think IM3 will be in the billionaires club, not sure it is a billion dollar movie in the same way we used to consider blockbuster we that hit the mark.
That part of the movie is based on a story done by David Micheline and Bob Layton in the comics in the late 1970s, early 1980s. I forget the specifics but Tony Stark was denied access to his armor for a time. Tony Stark, despite being in basically good shape, knows he has to undergo some intensive training to pull this off without his armor. So Captain America obliges. Anyway, Micheline and Layton were included in a "special thanks" credit along with other comics writers and artists. This credit is separate from the "Based on the Comic Book by Stan Lee, Don Heck, Larry Lieber, Jack Kirby" credit, also in the end titles.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Pierce needs new agents. An Iron Man 3 spoiler, if interested, at a peek: http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/0nbdO ... ndarin.gif Also, a POST-credit spoiler alert for Iron Man 3, if so interested at another peek: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 21325.html
BJ....tell me if you already saw IM3. And please don't give out any spoilers for non-Bond films here. Save the spoilers for James Bond as he's nothing special anymore, and that the general public has sold its very own soul to DC's Bond through Skyfall. And PLEASE no spoilers for STID, good or bad.
I'm not bothered by spoilers, it will not stop me from seeing a movie.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote: That part of the movie is based on a story done by David Micheline and Bob Layton in the comics in the late 1970s, early 1980s. I forget the specifics but Tony Stark was denied access to his armor for a time. Tony Stark, despite being in basically good shape, knows he has to undergo some intensive training to pull this off without his armor. So Captain America obliges. Anyway, Micheline and Layton were included in a "special thanks" credit along with other comics writers and artists. This credit is separate from the "Based on the Comic Book by Stan Lee, Don Heck, Larry Lieber, Jack Kirby" credit, also in the end titles.
Ahhh....
Interesting how the 1970 comic books are coming back or at least getting some well deserved attention.

the part of the movie that bothered me was Pepper they never explain what happened, just a voice over so it works in a way but when you think back on the story there is a huge part of the plot never fully explained.