The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

The Saint 007 wrote:I came here through a link posted on IMDb last summer, and the person who posted the link referred to this place as a "retarded site". But contrary to what that person said, I think that this site has a pretty good community, who can have some decent James Bond-related discussions. With most of the other Bond forums, it's difficult to have a constructive discussion without the fanatics tearing you apart for having different thoughts/opinions. And God help you if you're a fan of Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan.

:lol:

Roger moore get a lot of grief I'm surprised at Brosnan but watching clips both of them they had some cold blooded and grittier moments than anyone give them credit for. MGW said people were upset at Brosnan because it went back to Connery hearing some talk about him today he was Roger Moore's understudy :shock: If people have a major problem with Roger Moore the last Bond Ian Fleming approved of they need to look at MGW and his Craig crazy sister.
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

katied wrote:Haven't seen Django yet..my aunt and I are going to a movie tomorrow-I want to see Nor Fade Away....t's about a bunch of kids who start a band after seeing the Rolling Stones on TV.
I hear so many different things about it its hard to commit to seeing it. I hadn't heard of the other movie must be a limited release.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:Roger moore get a lot of grief I'm surprised at Brosnan but watching clips both of them they had some cold blooded and grittier moments than anyone give them credit for.
But Pierce had more cold blooded and grittier moments than Rog had.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The dying Star Trek fan who got to see into the darkness is a great story but I bet there are going to be a bunch of fakers popping up hoping to guilt trip directors
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

These posters should give everyone a laugh.

The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Omega wrote:Roger moore get a lot of grief I'm surprised at Brosnan but watching clips both of them they had some cold blooded and grittier moments than anyone give them credit for.
But Pierce had more cold blooded and grittier moments than Rog had.
Brosnan and Craig have a younger generation of Bond fans who make up the majority of those that frequent some of the Bond forums, and therefore the two sides are going to constantly clash with each other. It's kind of like the new generation of Sean Connery versus Roger Moore.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musi ... 73860.html

Ray Davies Refusing to Watch New Bond Movie

7 January 2013

The Kinks rocker Ray Davies is refusing to watch the new James Bond movie because he is convinced Daniel Craig is not tall enough to play the superspy.

"I'm still into schoolboy adventure with heroes and villains, that's what James Bond is. They're trying to make him psychological... It doesn't interest me".

British actor Craig has played the fictional hero in three movies, and his last outing, Skyfall, has become the first Bond film ever to break the $1 billion mark at the global box office.

Craig came under fire from Bond fans over his diminutive stature when he was initially hired for the job, and 007 enthusiast Davies is adamant the five feet, 10 inches (1.78 metres) tall actor is too short to play the legendary character - so he has vowed to boycott the franchise until a more convincing star is cast.

The rocker tells Britain's Uncut magazine, "I don't want to see the new James Bond film because I've met the guy (Craig) and he's small. No disrespect to Daniel Craig, he's a really good actor, I've seen him in many films doing great workmanlike performances".

Davies also accuses Bond bosses of moving the franchise too far away from its roots, adding, "It's become corporate. You've always got the feeling with James Bond before that it's a few little, bad gadgets. Now it's too technical.

"I'm still into schoolboy adventure with heroes and villains, that's what James Bond is. They're trying to make him psychological... It doesn't interest me".
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:These posters should give everyone a laugh.

You might as well toss away those guidelines on how and what James Bond should look like......PERMANENTLY!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:These posters should give everyone a laugh.

You might as well toss away those guidelines on how and what James Bond should look like......PERMANENTLY!
Yeah but I've seen those around for some time and these kind of deal always pop up around awards time thing is I think the lost whatever momentum they had months ago. If you go to the right movie sites these submitted for you consideration back drops get comical. They thought they could win an award for QOS too. First hurdle is being nominated , Thursday well know. But After seeing a couple of the othe contenders I don't think batman lite spyfall is in serious running. The again Sony is running the award promotion and they smeared kings speech to try to win
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

James wrote:http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musi ... 73860.html

7 January 2013

The Kinks rocker Ray Davies is refusing to watch the new James Bond movie because he is convinced Daniel Craig is not tall enough to play the superspy.

British actor Craig has played the fictional hero in three movies, and his last outing, Skyfall, has become the first Bond film ever to break the $1 billion mark at the global box office.

Craig came under fire from Bond fans over his diminutive stature when he was initially hired for the job, and 007 enthusiast Davies is adamant the five feet, 10 inches (1.78 metres) tall actor is too short to play the legendary character - so he has vowed to boycott the franchise until a more convincing star is cast.

The rocker tells Britain's Uncut magazine, "I don't want to see the new James Bond film because I've met the guy (Craig) and he's small. No disrespect to Daniel Craig, he's a really good actor, I've seen him in many films doing great workmanlike performances".

Davies also accuses Bond bosses of moving the franchise too far away from its roots, adding, "It's become corporate. You've always got the feeling with James Bond before that it's a few little, bad gadgets. Now it's too technical.

This for reals yo
katied

Post by katied »

Makes me want to buy the entire Kinks catalogue on iTunes! :mrgreen:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Bond sucks now. Davies nailed it. :down:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Anyone who thinks Bond is worth saving is just kidding themselves.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:Anyone who thinks Bond is worth saving is just kidding themselves.
I don't share that opinion. We may never see another EON Bond but Sean Connery Dalton Moore Brosnan and Lazenby made such a impression Bond will be back
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:We may never see another EON Bond but Sean Connery Dalton Moore Brosnan and Lazenby made such a impression Bond will be back
If the classic Bond is to return, then Babs the B1tch should be removed from her position. Not only that, the series should be rebooted the 2nd time (with new cast and crew in the likes of BB and ST '09) but in the same fashion as 2009's Sherlock. And that reboot shall be the new first episode of James Bond just like BB and ST '09. If Babs stays after DC retires, the Bond role should go the minorites, freaks/weirdos, and actors with prosthetic limbs. And no, I'm discriminating these folks. Considering the general public accepts DC as Bond, they might as well accept anyone. Like Saint 007, anything goes, and there's no more guidelines on how Bond should look like anymore. I could repeat this all year.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

James wrote:http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musi ... 73860.html

7 January 2013

Drat my secret identity is out ! :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Django and Hobbit are running neck and neck, Hobbit might actually be able to knock Spyfall down a notch before the end of the US run.
Bejams
New Recruit

Post by Bejams »

Daniel Craig Best actor Oscar???? The geezers a worse actor than Derek Acorah.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Oscar show will have a tribute to 50 years of Bond :shock:. I guess all 6 will be on stage? Broccoli really pulled out all the stops to pull this one off. FBF, will you watch this farce?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The Oscar show will have a tribute to 50 years of Bond :shock:. I guess all 6 will be on stage? Broccoli really pulled out all the stops to pull this one off. FBF, will you watch this farce?
I'm done watching the Oscars not because Chris Nolan and Pierce especially don't get the recognition for their hard work but because the Academy is willing to give nominations to pretentious people who likes to show off and the works made by them. And Babs is one of those pretentious monsters.