The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

It's all about other franchises now, right FBF, and no exceptions?
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:It's all about other franchises now, right FBF, and no exceptions?
I think its now time to send in FBF's freaks and wierdos.......no exceptions.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Sweeney wrote:
And that too. But first things first Sweenster, I'm going to let you enjoy DC Bond era while it lasts.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Goldeneye wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to the US members. :cheers:

BJ do you mean the Laurel and Hardy March of the Wooden soldiers?
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

March of the Wooden Soldiers haven't seen that one in ages. I heard they are doing a 3D treatment of it! :shock:
I don't think March of the Wooden Soldiers has ever been on UK tv but all the other shorts and films have been.

I like the short where Charlie Hall has the bucket of lard put on his head by Laurel and Hardy:

I'd like this as my alternative protest avatar. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

TLD is on the BBC-America channel and TSWLM is on the SyFy channel on cable. I am going back and forth watching them. It's a pleasure to actually enjoy a fun Bond film :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

carl stromberg wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

March of the Wooden Soldiers haven't seen that one in ages. I heard they are doing a 3D treatment of it! :shock:
I don't think March of the Wooden Soldiers has ever been on UK tv but all the other shorts and films have been.

I like the short where Charlie Hall has the bucket of lard put on his head by Laurel and Hardy:

Another protest avatar FBF :!: Eureka :!: Your directive has spread all over the internet forums :!:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Another protest avatar FBF :!: Eureka :!: Your directive has spread all over the internet forums :!:
Goldeneye make it so! Create this avatar please! :cheers:

The non-Craig Bond films seem so colourful and fun compared to the Craig ones.
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Warner Bros had committed US$100 million ($122.5 million) to promote The Hobbit around the world." Gearing up for the global release of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” the epic adventure will have its world premiere on November 28, 2012 in Wellington, New Zealand. I would have thought more than this would be spent to promote a blockbuster film. Is this amount in line then with what studios spend?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Permanently.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:"Warner Bros had committed US$100 million ($122.5 million) to promote The Hobbit around the world." Gearing up for the global release of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” the epic adventure will have its world premiere on November 28, 2012 in Wellington, New Zealand. I would have thought more than this would be spent to promote a blockbuster film. Is this amount in line then with what studios spend?
That seems cheap. Its what Disney spent on John Carter and they didn't promote it not really.
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's better than any Cr-egg film ending.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

maybe mgm pays the other $100 million?
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

FormerBondFan wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
And that too. But first things first Sweenster, I'm going to let you enjoy DC Bond era while it lasts.
Thanks FBF....you are a true gent...... :cheers:
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

carl stromberg wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

L&H are my all-time favourites......I have the entire box set collection!! :cheers:
katied

Post by katied »

BBC America and SyFy tend to show marathons of Bond films on and around certain holidays(though BBC America has been showing a lot of Bond films lately)

I've recovered from Thanksgiving dinner. I felt full for a lot of the day today. The holiday season is dangerous-so.much.good.food. All of it tasty! :happy spin:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

The Sweeney wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
Thanks FBF....you are a true gent...... :cheers:
:lol: Blimey. He is more tolerant of you than he is of me!
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

Well according to earlier estimates on Deadline..'SF' made around $15.6 mil Friday in the US, which according to my maths, the film has surpassed $200 mil in North America.
Despite doing slightly less well than anticipated last weekend against the opening of 'Twilight'.....'SF' is doing really good business this thanksgiving holiday, so far better than expected.
In fact even though the 'Twilight' movie is playing in some 500 more theatres than Bond, the per screen average for the 2 films has been pretty close the last 2 days.....even though SF has been out longer in the market!

I estimate, that by the end of Sunday if you include the next 2 US days grosses, plus the weekday grosses last week internationally, and this weekends International grosses, which include a opening in Australia.........'SF' should be around the $775 mil mark worldwide........and homing in onto reaching $800 mil before opening in Japan next weekend.

EA
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It will be the first Bond in 10 years to match DAD, incredible staying power no question of that at this point.

Twilight is doing about what I thought it would.
BrosnanIsBond007
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Skyfall, Dr. No

Post by BrosnanIsBond007 »

OK sorry I gotta vent about some friends drinkin' the Craig kool aid real quick -

A bunch of us had just seen Skyfall and were talking about how good it was, and I mentioned how I really loved the opening credits sequence + theme song, and Bardem as the villain. Then it just got into most of them gushing for Craig and saying it was great when he fixed his cuffs on the train after the crane (I think) was destroyed and how it was so suave and cool. So I mentioned how Brosnan was so BA in The World is Not Enough that he fixed his tie underwater during the boat chase on the Thames, and they pause and one of them says "Nah...that's too over the top for me." and everyone agrees. Wtf...sooo it's cool for Craig to do it but not Brosnan? I also mentioned how Goldeneye is still my favorite Bond film and how the characters and storyline is so great...thankfully one friend agrees but everyone else says Skyfall is their favorite. One of them thought it was so terrible they had to ask me if I'd "seen Goldeneye lately?" Yes, right after seeing Skyfall, because though I liked it, it made me want to go watch a better Bond movie. And guess what? It's still really good.

OK, enough of that :cuss: It's just annoying! It's like all pre-Craig Bond movies are irrelevant now.

"For England, James?"
"No, for me."
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

BrosnanIsBond007 wrote:OK sorry I gotta vent about some friends drinkin' the Craig kool aid real quick -

A bunch of us had just seen Skyfall and were talking about how good it was, and I mentioned how I really loved the opening credits sequence + theme song, and Bardem as the villain. Then it just got into most of them gushing for Craig and saying it was great when he fixed his cuffs on the train after the crane (I think) was destroyed and how it was so suave and cool. So I mentioned how Brosnan was so BA in The World is Not Enough that he fixed his tie underwater during the boat chase on the Thames, and they pause and one of them says "Nah...that's too over the top for me." and everyone agrees. Wtf...sooo it's cool for Craig to do it but not Brosnan? I also mentioned how Goldeneye is still my favorite Bond film and how the characters and storyline is so great...thankfully one friend agrees but everyone else says Skyfall is their favorite. One of them thought it was so terrible they had to ask me if I'd "seen Goldeneye lately?" Yes, right after seeing Skyfall, because though I liked it, it made me want to go watch a better Bond movie. And guess what? It's still really good.

OK, enough of that :cuss: It's just annoying! It's like all pre-Craig Bond movies are irrelevant now.
Yeah, ever since Craig came in, the first 20 Bond films have been disregarded altogether by some people. And the hypocrisy shown by some Craig fans can be pretty annoying or even laughable at certain times. As you mentioned, it's not cool when Brosnan fixes his tie underwater, but Craig fixing his cuffs is awesome.

Whenever it's mentioned that Craig looks too old for his age, some of his fans will resort to bashing Roger Moore, and posting pics from A View To A Kill to show how old Moore looks. I don't even think they realize how ridiculously desperate they are when they have to compare a 44 year-old Daniel Craig with a nearly 60 year-old Roger Moore. Craig can keep playing Bond for the next umpteen years, but it's considered a blasphemy that Connery and Moore were still playing Bond in their fifties. Even Brosnan gets bashed for looking too old in Die Another Day. But Craig already looking old and withered at 44 is fine because he's physically fit, and the withered look adds more realism. :roll: