The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

The Sweeney wrote:
Skywalker wrote:
James wrote:I had a look at MI6 today and some rocket-scientist has made a comment about wanting to register on here under the name piercebrosnanisanoldfag :roll:

Nice...
I think there a few over there that are intent on wrecking this site. Fortunately there are a few Pro-Craig fans here that are decent.
Hope you are referring to me, young Skywalker..... :P
Your learning, but remember fear leads to hate. Hate leads to anger and before you know it you'll dislike CR too. :lol:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Skywalker wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
Skywalker wrote:
James wrote:I had a look at MI6 today and some rocket-scientist has made a comment about wanting to register on here under the name piercebrosnanisanoldfag :roll:

Nice...
I think there a few over there that are intent on wrecking this site. Fortunately there are a few Pro-Craig fans here that are decent.
Your learning, but remember fear leads to hate. Hate leads to anger and before you know it you'll dislike CR too. :lol:
NOOOOOO! NEVER! I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU!

Ben......why didn't you tell me people hate CR? :cry:
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

The Sweeney wrote:
Skywalker wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
Skywalker wrote:

Nice...
NOOOOOO! NEVER! I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU!
Search your feelings Sweeney you know it be true. :)
BondFan007
Lieutenant

Post by BondFan007 »

Skywalker wrote:
BondFan007 wrote:
Skywalker wrote:Fortunately there are a few Pro-Craig fans here that are decent.
We're all Bond fans and, as such, all entitled to opinions on the matter.

It's when the opinions become insults and get personal that things go too far. This is directed at both pro and anti-Craigs, there are guilty ones in both camps, unfortunately the way this site was run before put alot of anti-Craigs in a bad light, even those who had intelligent opinions to put across.
I'm of the opinion that if you send ill thought and non-constructive posts, you deserve criticism. If on the other hand you voice your opinion with an intellectual and well-thought post, regardless of where your opinion lies it should be respected.
Isn't that what I said?
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

BondFan007 wrote:
Skywalker wrote:
BondFan007 wrote:
Skywalker wrote:Fortunately there are a few Pro-Craig fans here that are decent.
We're all Bond fans and, as such, all entitled to opinions on the matter.

It's when the opinions become insults and get personal that things go too far. This is directed at both pro and anti-Craigs, there are guilty ones in both camps, unfortunately the way this site was run before put alot of anti-Craigs in a bad light, even those who had intelligent opinions to put across.
I'm of the opinion that if you send ill thought and non-constructive posts, you deserve criticism. If on the other hand you voice your opinion with an intellectual and well-thought post, regardless of where your opinion lies it should be respected.
Isn't that what I said?
Indeed. I was emphasising the point. It's not a crime to agree. 8)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I think the "MI6 posters", call them what you will have been well behaved!
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Who are the Mi6 posters?
I'm familiar with Cbn, and Imdb, and have seen it, but rarely visit Mi6.
BondFan007
Lieutenant

Post by BondFan007 »

I'm not MI6, haven't even been there in a while. I post at CBn.
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

MI6 is a good website. I post there now and again. :wink:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Skywalker wrote:MI6 is a good website. I post there now and again. :wink:
Just had a look over there again. Some good stuff indeed. Might have to check it out more often.
Do you have the same username over there Skywalker?
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

Captain Nash wrote:
Skywalker wrote:MI6 is a good website. I post there now and again. :wink:
Just had a look over there again. Some good stuff indeed. Might have to check it out more often.
Do you have the same username over there Skywalker?
No it was already taken. :evil:
ID
Lieutenant

Post by ID »

That BJMDDS review and the other thread seem to have long legs over there.
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

ID wrote:That BJMDDS review and the other thread seem to have long legs over there.
BJ Is an intersting character. The anti CR/DC posts are really good.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

The Mi6 forum is a bit of a mess: I would advise them to merge a few sections.

They do seem to have lots of juvenile posters; but I suppose one can always scroll past them.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:The Mi6 forum is a bit of a mess: I would advise them to merge a few sections.

They do seem to have lots of juvenile posters; but I suppose one can always scroll past them.
I know, I keep telling them about this place. (In order to grow the userbase. :wink: )
I'm sure some of them might defect. :twisted:
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

ID wrote:That BJMDDS review and the other thread seem to have long legs over there.
BJ likes his own personal thread. :wink:
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
james stock
Lieutenant

Re: Apologies from a former MI6 patron.

Post by james stock »

exMI6Agent wrote:To everyone posting here: apologies from a former MI6 patron.
I disagree with nearly everything CnB stands for and now I’m wishing them good luck and god speed with their forum.

Old enough to remember true oppression I can not stand on the side and ignore the deliberate attack on people with a different point of view.

My fellow MI6 patrons spamming these boards have embarrassed us all. A swollen black-eye to the online community.
The spammers here are the worst of what all Bond forums have to offer. Reasonable to assume a number of you posting here were member of these boards at one time and left.

Don’t judge us all by their actions.

I applaud the restraint shown to these unworthy specimens of online hate begging to be banned. Even in the most unlikely place a good thing can flourish. The forum here is the first step in a better direction.
I have enjoyed reading why some of you do not like Daniel Craig (not just because of his physical appearance) and where you see deviation from Fleming’s text in the recent embodiment of his vision at the movies.

Keep it up!~ better things are sure to follow.

PS if you must; it will be understandable if you have to edit/deleted/ban those sorry sods attacking you now. You have my permission for what that’s worth.
This is a good forum and it is healthy to disagree about things and not go with the flow, you will be very welcome here and not be riddiculed for liking Craig as Bond. It is part of the debate that we see why we like certain things and dislike certain things about Craigs very different and seperate alternative universe Bond :D
james stock
Lieutenant

Post by james stock »

The Sweeney wrote:
BondFan007 wrote:I think CnB would have got alot more respect if the views shown on the main page had been set out in a more mature way, and not relied on photoshopped images, homophobic articles and news reports that, with alittle internet searching, were clearly false and written to fuel the hate.

If the site was set out with clear articles by Bond fans giving sensible reasons why they didn't want Craig as Bond, then the site wouldn't be ridiculed, but it quickly because a Brosnan fan site that took cheap shots at Craig, with a web-mistress who had said even before Craig was announced that she would boycott any Bond film that Brosnan wasn't in, and the Boycott petition originally had no mention of Craig, it was about getting Brosnan back.
I agree.

I do believe some of the members here who are anti have good reason to not like the new Bond, and it is only fair that they have this forum to voice their opinions. I'm all for that. The world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing.

Unfortunately, this website doesn't really do them any favours. Deanna Brayton obviously had her own agenda - get Brosnan back at all costs! And with comments that could be percieved as homophobic, biased news items, a reluctance to hear opposing fans views, and slight childish and hate-filled undertones throughout the entire website, it has now been left with moderators here to pick up the pieces.

I actually think the moderators here are decent people, and have set up this forum to allow anti fans to escape what can seem like ocassional bullying by the majority of members on other forums.
Very well put Sweeney! :D
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

james stock wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
BondFan007 wrote:I think CnB would have got alot more respect if the views shown on the main page had been set out in a more mature way, and not relied on photoshopped images, homophobic articles and news reports that, with alittle internet searching, were clearly false and written to fuel the hate.

If the site was set out with clear articles by Bond fans giving sensible reasons why they didn't want Craig as Bond, then the site wouldn't be ridiculed, but it quickly because a Brosnan fan site that took cheap shots at Craig, with a web-mistress who had said even before Craig was announced that she would boycott any Bond film that Brosnan wasn't in, and the Boycott petition originally had no mention of Craig, it was about getting Brosnan back.
I agree.

I do believe some of the members here who are anti have good reason to not like the new Bond, and it is only fair that they have this forum to voice their opinions. I'm all for that. The world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing.

Unfortunately, this website doesn't really do them any favours. Deanna Brayton obviously had her own agenda - get Brosnan back at all costs! And with comments that could be percieved as homophobic, biased news items, a reluctance to hear opposing fans views, and slight childish and hate-filled undertones throughout the entire website, it has now been left with moderators here to pick up the pieces.

I actually think the moderators here are decent people, and have set up this forum to allow anti fans to escape what can seem like ocassional bullying by the majority of members on other forums.
Very well put Sweeney! :D
Thanks James. It's a shame not everyone is as kind as you on here though...... :wink:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

All are kind to the Sweeney.